• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i think everyone will agree Adam B the best this game. Nice to see him playing again

For me the stand out players were Timlin , Corr , Barrett and Atkinson. All 8's for me, with Timlin the stand out. Yes he made some wayward passes , but his pass for the goal was one of the best you'll see this season, but for me, it's his total awareness of the game around him. If you watch him you just know that he understands the game. He organises at corners both attacking and defending and I've said it constantly for me, if Timlin is fit he should be the first name on the team sheet. If anyone of that team becomes a manager, for me, it will be him.

Was good to see Barrett , also however I think it will be good for Bolger to play alongside him as well, because with Bolger for me he isn't that far off being a towering defender that leads by example. He is strong and quick , the type of centre back teams need, he just needs to concentrate for the entire period he is playing , AB will assist this.

We did enough first half and I reckon brown had in his mind that we've a long trip up north on Monday, no way could we play with the same pressing and tempo in the second half as we did in the first.

Good all round performance . Professional in its execution .

Bring on the monkey hangers !!

Timlin's the most ambitious of our passers.

How many of our team would have attempted the pass for BBBC's goal?

Sure, not all of them work, but he asks questions no-one else in our team bothers to ask.

It was, if you'll excuse the pun, criminal that he was wasted on the bench earlier this season. Ditto Corr.

Timlin's the most ambitious of our passers.

How many of our team would have attempted the pass for BBBC's goal?

Sure, not all of them work, but he asks questions no-one else in our team bothers to ask.

It was, if you'll excuse the pun, criminal that he was wasted on the bench earlier this season. Ditto Corr.

Very good points YB, most of the team can do "nothing ventured" passes, 5 yards to the sides etc, but the way to "open" things up is with the expansive type of pass. Others do that (or try to), notably JW and Lenny. Sometimes it works but the % is against it however imo it is often better than a double safe from criticism "nothing gained" pass or a hoof.

When you think about it, we played with make shift wingers in the sense that they are not starters and both 1st choice defenders out.
To have Worrall/Hurst and Pross/Thommo out and win two nil was a great result. For our only complaint to be that we didn't score more with all them players out, it can't be a bad day at the office.

First game i've managed to get to this season, for various reasons. :( Even managed to convince my dad who is in poor health to come along and watch it together just like the old days :) Was a real pleasure to watch, we showed some great moments and the style of football we tried to play was great. Agree with most about the ratings, thought Barrett was superb and was interesting to see him coming forward a lot with the midfield dropping back to cover. Also in 20 odd years of going, im sure it was the first time that on a goal kick when everyone went to one small part of the pitch in true league 2 style Bentley played it short, and once actually kicked it to a part of the pitch that didnt have every player in!

Negatives were we gave the ball away so much in the first half that a better team would have put us under, but I thought they were pretty toothless upfront. That said, it only takes one of those ambitious Timlin passes to find its mark and we score, as we did yesterday. :smile:

Happy days.

Very good points YB, most of the team can do "nothing ventured" passes, 5 yards to the sides etc, but the way to "open" things up is with the expansive type of pass. Others do that (or try to), notably JW and Lenny. Sometimes it works but the % is against it however imo it is often better than a double safe from criticism "nothing gained" pass or a hoof.
Yes,indeed.That is why Atkinson (yes I know we should now believe in miracles-he scored) and Prosser (we have 4 better CB s) should be nowhere near the starting eleven.

Yes,indeed.That is why Atkinson (yes I know we should now believe in miracles-he scored) and Prosser (we have 4 better CB s) should be nowhere near the starting eleven.

I'm still not sure I want my centre-back attempting ambitious passes.

You shouldn't crush Prosser's long-held ambition of passing the ball to someone in the same-coloured shirt.

Thankfully you don't choose the center backs, did you actually pay attention to bolgers passing on Saturday? Luke reputation and his actual passing are very very different. We have matches where the other cb makes far more misplaced passes, but on here it's all about Luke's poor passing.

Thankfully you don't choose the center backs, did you actually pay attention to bolgers passing on Saturday? Luke reputation and his actual passing are very very different. We have matches where the other cb makes far more misplaced passes, but on here it's all about Luke's poor passing.

you should watch the games more closely mate.our opponents have always done their homework and when our back 4 and Leonard are passing the ball around at the back,Prosser is always left free,the others get challenged/closed down quickly!In stark contrast,Bolger,Thomson and Binnon-Williams who are younger all show they have the ability to continue to improve.

Back