• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well said Michael Timlin some of the abuse hurled at the players is awful. Think there is saturation point of premier and champions league football on the tv that some fans expect a league team to play the same sort of football that they see night after night on the box. It is league two and we should remember that I do not remember this level of negativity and abuse several years ago and believe me we had some damn awful players.

Totally agree with this. I hate some of the negativity I hear at Roots Hall; absolutely nothing beneficial comes from it and on occasion you can visibly see players heads go down. It can be frustrating sometimes and today at times was awful, but you still have to support and encourage in my opinion.

Northampton got some good players in there, we make them look poor. If you want promotion, we have to scrap a wins to keep the points tally going.

Pennyfather on commentary said we still lack real quality in the final third and show limited anticipation in getting into the box. He particularly aimed this at Bazzer saying he hangs back to much on edge of Box rather than getting on the ball in the 6 yard box and taking a chance, otherwise might have scored twice.
However Bazzer put himself about, scored the penalty , so well done. Happy to be grinding out the wins and 4 in a row puts us back on track for top 3.

Pennyfather on commentary said we still lack real quality in the final third and show limited anticipation in getting into the box. He particularly aimed this at Bazzer saying he hangs back to much on edge of Box rather than getting on the ball in the 6 yard box and taking a chance, otherwise might have scored twice.
However Bazzer put himself about, scored the penalty , so well done. Happy to be grinding out the wins and 4 in a row puts us back on track for top 3.

There you go Jam_Man, it's not just me saying it.

you beat me to it ;)

Four wins on the spin....brilliant stuff. Performances, formations, individuals blah blah blah....results are the only thing that matter and we are getting them. Carry on the good work chaps.

Apart from our second goal (and I was a long way away) I don't recall one goog move or one piece of genuine skill or excitement. Maybe is because the last couple of home games have been against crap opposition, but although its great to win, I can't say I actually enjoyed watching today. Hopefully we will raise our game when we play better opposition in the next two games

Four wins on the spin....brilliant stuff. Performances, formations, individuals blah blah blah....results are the only thing that matter and we are getting them. Carry on the good work chaps.

Couldn't agree more!

Ex season ticket holder here. This is the second Blues match I've been to this season (the first v Wimbledon). I couldn't believe how bad we were. I used to go and watch a mate who played in Sutton Sports veterans team at Eastwoodbury about ten years ago and it was often about the same standard. For me, Bentley, Worrall, Payne and, at a push, Thompson were the only half decent players. No communication, no inspiration, no talent. If these players finish the season in the top seven I'll be amazed.

I must be the only one at Root Hall, who always keep telling the players "come on, keep their chin up, you can do it" when things don't come off. Be lucky that we not in Tranmere or Carlise positions!!

As always much negativity and misery- some of which I had to sit and listen to from a couple of Victor Meldrews behind me whom, although I didn't recognise them, must have been world cup winners in their time given their ability to find fault with everything and anything- regrettably I lack their stunning insight so foolishly quite enjoyed it (i apologise).

We won. So obviously the opposition were completely and utterly useless as the alternative would be to suggest we either played much better or somehow stopped them playing (either of which would have been a good thing- and of course strictly verboten).

In reality we reduced Northampton to zero shots on target requiring Dan to make zero saves. Whilst not at our best we created a few chances (good ones) and in my view (apologies, advance warning of gratuitous positive statement) would have gone on to win anyway.

I agree Timlin would be my MOM closely followed by Worrall. Extra point for Timlin for his post match comments turning his 8 into a 9.

O'Toole's debut was a 6. He was disciplined, did not much wrong. In the first half an excellent volley showed like Worrall he has a technique that comes of having played at a higher level. He needs games and confidence (the latter with Southend may mean a few away games well away from the Victors and Victorias).

Yes four league wins on the trot and we're still not happy. One minute people are saying there's not much between the teams in this league and anybody can beat anybody .... then when we win it's because we're playing rubbish teams. Northampton were poor but on paper they've got some good players. Over the decades I've been watching the Blues I can't begin to guess how many times I've said we can raise our game to beat decent sides but can't deal with the rubbish. Well we can now and .. who knows, maybe the extra space we get when the "good" teams come at us more may suit our style of play. As for O'Toole, I thought it was a quiet debut but considering he probably wasn't expecting a start and was asked to play deeper than his favoured role and had minimal training with the other players I thought he was OK. Early on he showed great technique to hit a long range shot low and hard to the right. If that had gone in (or we'd scored from the follow up when the keeper only parried the shot) he would have been hailed as a brilliant Brown signing .... well, perhaps not by some of the posters on here!

Is Weston just straker with a different name on the back of his shirt?

I said the same about Williams last week with his "performance" at Tranmere. :'(

And did anyone else notice that Tranmere scored 3 today against highly fancied for promotion Portsmouth? Remind me, how did we get on? :omg:

I said the same about Williams last week with his "performance" at Tranmere. :'(

And did anyone else notice that Tranmere scored 3 today against highly fancied for promotion Portsmouth? Remind me, how did we get on? :omg:

Ah but Tranmere were utterly woeful against us...luckily..

I must be the only one at Root Hall, who always keep telling the players "come on, keep their chin up, you can do it" when things don't come off. Be lucky that we not in Tranmere or Carlise positions!!
You are not alone there. I'm often shouting encouragement

As always much negativity and misery- some of which I had to sit and listen to from a couple of Victor Meldrews behind me whom, although I didn't recognise them, must have been world cup winners in their time given their ability to find fault with everything and anything- regrettably I lack their stunning insight so foolishly quite enjoyed it (i apologise).

We won. So obviously the opposition were completely and utterly useless as the alternative would be to suggest we either played much better or somehow stopped them playing (either of which would have been a good thing- and of course strictly verboten).

In reality we reduced Northampton to zero shots on target requiring Dan to make zero saves. Whilst not at our best we created a few chances (good ones) and in my view (apologies, advance warning of gratuitous positive statement) would have gone on to win anyway.

I agree Timlin would be my MOM closely followed by Worrall. Extra point for Timlin for his post match comments turning his 8 into a 9.

O'Toole's debut was a 6. He was disciplined, did not much wrong. In the first half an excellent volley showed like Worrall he has a technique that comes of having played at a higher level. He needs games and confidence (the latter with Southend may mean a few away games well away from the Victors and Victorias).

Yes, I sat with my son in Family Stand today and it was an absolute pleasure not to have to listen to the
constant moaning and abuse of our players we have endured in the East stand over the last few matches.

Of course, we would all like to see us play a more pleasing style, but a lot of so called supporters I have heard recently
have been completely out of order and seem to enjoy it when things don't work out on the pitch so they can hurl extremely offensive abuse at our players.

I thought the performance was pretty uninspiring until the penalty but there was no lack of effort and we came away happy with 3 points and another win.

Back