• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok performance but most
importantly 2-0. Well done brown, turned it around and 4 on the bounce!

First 70 mins awful, last 20 mins good. Penalty changed the game. Worrall good again

What on earth was the match sponsor on giving Weston MOM?

Worrall man of the match. Otoole only touched the ball three times in the second half. A great statuesque debut - and brown subbed him last. Unbelievable.

Timlin protected the back 4 on his own most of the time. He read the game superbly, and ran his wotsits off. So MOTM for me. Worrall next.
O'Toole will get better, especially when in his favoured roll. The game passed him by today.

First 70 mins awful, last 20 mins good. Penalty changed the game. Worrall good again

Either a joke, or because he was actually very good the last 20 minutes and they forgot about the other 70 minutes.

The transformation in him was immense, one minute couldnt do anything, then created two clear chances for Worrall and a great shot just tipped over. If he could play like that for 90 minutes he would be some player!

Overall fairly solid if uninspiring performance with lack of quality in the final 3rd as always, until the penalty when we then came alive.

Worrall again has an impact, he has been key in this winning run.

Not trying to cause a debate or row but i personally thought that Weston was our best performer today as did the 3 people I was with at the match.

All opinions I guess, but for me he is a decent option when he plays in his proper position on the left wing, he grafts, he is an outlet and he creates things - up top he is not the same player as he lacks that natural finishing ability and you don't get to run as much with the ball which is his best asset.

4 wins in a row..lets not get carried away though..some big games coming up against some harder opposition. Think we should have some Patience with John Joe, give him some time to play with the team. All in all another happy weekend, lets enjoy it while we can.

Not trying to cause a debate or row but i personally thought that Weston was our best performer today as did the 3 people I was with at the match.

All opinions I guess, but for me he is a decent option when he plays in his proper position on the left wing, he grafts, he is an outlet and he creates things - up top he is not the same player as he lacks that natural finishing ability and you don't get to run as much with the ball which is his best asset.

He was an outlet and was quick but up until the keeper was sent off, he was woeful. His first touch was shocking and he didn't put in one good ball. Once the keeper was sent off, he got a bit of space and turned his game around. 20 mins for me doesn't deserve the MOM. Timlin was the most consistent player on the pitch and deserved the MOM. When Timlin plays well, SUFC play well.

He was an outlet and was quick but up until the keeper was sent off, he was woeful. His first touch was shocking and he didn't put in one good ball. Once the keeper was sent off, he got a bit of space and turned his game around. 20 mins for me doesn't deserve the MOM. Timlin was the most consistent player on the pitch and deserved the MOM. When Timlin plays well, SUFC play well.

Absolutely this, well said DWB.

As DWB says he was excellent after the penalty, but he was terrible first half and most of the second.

He is an outlet but didnt produce anything at all until coming to life late on when he looked quality.

Maximum 12 points from four league games in November.............who can complain then??? Answers on a postcard. I can't make much comment as the last twenty five minutes were lost for me, when BP went down and (for me) persistently wouldn't come back again. There are some who would wonder what the score would have been if their keeper hadn't screwed up with that, what sounded like, simple cross?.....we certainly seem to be getting the breaks at the moment.
November's 'easy ride' is over.........the next two games against Wycombe and Burton will pose a few more questions and may answer some as well. Six points from those games and even I may leave the doubters.

Back