• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Rotherham number 5 is never a footballer. He can head a ball but has zero ability with the ball at his feet. Mistake after mistake in the first half from him and Cox mugged him off for our second goal

The match sponsors really let us down here, or they were unnecessarily restricted.

I was really hoping the MOM announcement was going to be... "And Southend United's Man of the Match, as chosen by the match sponsors, was Rotherham's SEMMMMI AJJJAAAAAAYIIII!" Large cheer from home crowd.

The Rotherham number 5 is never a footballer. He can head a ball but has zero ability with the ball at his feet. Mistake after mistake in the first half from him and Cox mugged him off for our second goal

Yep that Semi's not even half a footballer.

Totally agree. Genuinely looked like he'd never kicked a ball in his life. Was brilliant....for us.

must admit I was really disappointed with rotherham today. outplayed em in the first half. strange but they never had a shot on target untl the 62 minute and only 3 in total. second half was messy, put us under a bit more pressure but didn't threaten. but a great win for the blues. onwards and upwards. UTB

I don't think Rotherham were anywhere near as bad as all that. We ripped into them first 20, didn't give them a chance. Later on we managed the game. They tried hard second half and we did well to keep them out but they weren't crap, they are 4th and we made them look average if anything. Oxley good, turner superb and getting the ball away but not so good at playing out from the back. Cox unbelievable work rate. Timlin just what was needed. Good performance, really enjoyable game for me

It was a good display, but nothing spectacular. All 6's and 7's except for Turner who was my MoTM without doubt, gets an 8.

It's amazing how quickly White has slotted back into defence. Wordsworth worked hard on the left in the first half. He faded somewhat in the second half but so did everybody else. We punted it long and soaked up the whatever pressure there was... It would be difficult for him to play football on the deck by himself, so I'm not going to blame him faded. Cox also worked hard and deserved a goal for his efforts. I didn't get a great view so I'm looking forward to the highlights, first since Box Day too. Oxley was solid and good saves in the second half. All of these are out of contract in a few months!

Elvis came in and did a good job. He didn't go past the halfway line too much, which I was looking forward to. He can be an exciting player when he bursts forward. But good discipline I guess.

Surprised by the attendance count, it didn't seem like that many. But onwards and upwards!

I think that today’s game showed how far we have come under Chris Powell. Other than Simon Cox I was struggling to find someone who had a really good game today. A lot of our team made unforced errors in terms of passing but what we seem to have now is a great collective effort to dig each other out of awkward situations when we’re under the cosh.

Rotherham were unlucky in my view to not at least score but other than some dodgy defending just before half time we dealt with their threat really well.

Turner’s been an absolute rock for us this season and other than Mark Oxley would be nailed on for Player Of The Season. But today for me he was guilty of trying to overplay and play out from the back when he’s very much at his best as a no nonsense centre half. Coker too was off colour and those two are two of our most reliable performers.

Luckily Simon Cox was his usual pain in the arse self and no one was more delighted for him to score than I was after his effort in the first half was somehow kept out. This guy works his arse off for us week in, week out and even when he’s not troubling the scorers he’s still bringing workrate and assists to the plate like he did again today before his goal.

Elvis had a mare but he’s only young and he’s performed admirably in the other games he’s played for us so we can’t have it all.

A great 3 points considering I know we can play a lot better than that.

Back