• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We played really well for the first 20 mins, and then Rotherham got into the game and it was more even. We had our fair share of luck in that Rotherham didn’t get a late consolation goal, but I think our endeavour meant we deserved that luck. We deserved the points today.

MOTM was Cox. Set up a goal with great strength and vision, scored a solo goal and workrate / creativity was excellent throughout. I’m amazed anyone on here is saying otherwise.

Turner and White were excellent at the back. Ox made a great save late on. I thought Coker played well too.

Yearwood continued to play years above his age and I thought Mantom was class in the first half, but clearly tired early in the second. Wordsworth seemed a passenger today for me - a few good bits in the first half, but not enough.

Really pleased with the win, and even a collapse now and we probably have enough points to stay up

So pleased for cox today, but very surprised at some marks for turner and oxley, I thought they were both awesome today, and if it wasn’t for cox’s 10/10 would have next in line for mom. Some excellent last ditch defending, I can’t recall the last time I saw so many goal line clearences In the spate of 10 Mins. Additionally if Elvis wasn’t one of our own and a youngster I think his scores would be far far lower. I thought he was the weak link today. Yes he is still young but that shouldn’t impact a score on a match report , only the comment

Last edited:
Always safety!! Dont u think we are better then that?go for playoffs now nothing to loose

Sadly the 10,000 crowd will be for the Gills game which I’ll be at and I always worry with big crowds. One more win and I think we’re safe. 4 points over Easter and then we might start dreaming the impossible.

I've also got my tickets for the Gills game. Can't wait!!.... Also the last big home crowd of the season.

Look at the positives ORM,..... these our are 3 largest home crowds of this season:

9,257 V Blackburn = Won
9,588 V Charlton = Won
9,397 V Portsmouth = Won

Fingers crossed, another 9k+ crowd and another victory on Easter Monday.

Teddy Sheringham was at the game, wonder what reason that was for.

Wonderful in Westcliff.

What a game. We completely dominated the first 30-35 minutes and should have been at least 2-0 up but for a brilliant save by their stand in keeper. The last 10 minutes of the first half was a little bit different, Rotherham weren’t any better but we looked like we wanted to gift them a goal, unable to clear the ball. Fortunately the opposition didn’t want to score any way.

At half time I am sure everyone in the ground was wondering how this team were 4th! Also surprising to see they are 3rd top goal scorers but perhaps losing Moore hasn’t helped them there.

Second half Rotherham come out with a bit more drive and looked to force the issue a little more, but when Oxley’s first save of the day was on 62 minutes they still weren’t really threatening. After 15 minutes we managed to get back in to the game and it became more end to end, although maybe we had started to go very route one. (Not always a bad thing as it gave the midfield a breather and resulted in the second goal)

The first substitution was spot on, Timlin came on and gave the midfield a bit more structure at a time when Mantom (who was very impressive, Maher like) was flagging a bit.

At 2-0 Rotherham started to throw everything at us but some very determined defending and many bodies being thrown in the way we somehow managed to end with a clean sheet.

Oxley - Didn’t have anything to do before 62 minutes and did very well to stay awake until then. Reliable when called upon and extra marks (not that I do scores) for the assist!

Bwomono - You could see his inexperience as there were a few moments he could have done better, but kept his head up and looks a very good prospect. Also great that with Demi away every now and then he should be guaranteed some game time throughout the season, hopefully this time next year he can really push for a starting place.

Coker - A few lazy passes but generally did very well. Late on in the second half he became more of a threat going forward.

White and Turner - Very impressive duo. Turner had his hands full with a big lump Smith who was very very physical. One moment that impressed me from White was when had he not stretched and intercepted they would have been 1 v 1 with Ox, not only did he make it to the ball but he managed to get it to another player in blue!

Wordsworth - Worked hard, played some nice passes that didn’t quite come off because of the pitch. Drifted inside a bit more as the game went on, which left Coker exposed a bit. He is more suited to a central role but did alright.

Yearwood and Mantom - great first half performance, dominated everything between them. Both have the right balance of grit to win the ball back or disturb the opposition play and passing ability to get the ball going again. One brilliant shot by Yearwood that everyone would have been willing to see nestle in the top corner but for a good save, Mantom shot well over which typified his Maher like performance.

Mclaughlin - Was given way too much space for his goal, where did the Rotherham defence go? Took it well on the pitch (I don’t get the criticism for that first touch when the ball bounces around everywhere) and after his miss against Doncaster made sure this one went in. Other than that he had a few good moments, one bit of skill to send Elvis down the wing. Some moments didn’t quite come off, but did alright.

Fortune - Showing his age? Didn’t quite have the same impact on the game and at one point any other player could have resulted in a 1v1 but he just didn’t have the legs by then. Still the effort was there and he still made their defenders work hard.

Cox - This was a performance of someone who wants to be doing much better than he has been. Going by his twitter feed it seems he has been having issues personally so it was great to see him assist one and score one, both of which were all about his hard work. This result was because of Cox and I feel this was so important for him.

Timlin - Only sub I will touch on. Felt he came in to the match just when we needed him to. We were knocking it long but the ball was bypassing our midfield back up the pitch again. Timlin came in and gave us that structure and bite so the ball didn’t get through again and we could then build our play back up the pitch.

The ref - Reading Micks review I was concerned, but felt he did very well. Only one yellow which was deserved.

Special mention to their number 5, Ajayi. Looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights through the match. If we all thought Wigan’s Burn has a torrid time the other week, this guy was on another level!

Back