• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Darlington F.A Trophy

All season it looks as if about half the lights in the middle of the cluster aren't coming on so it looks as if someone is only partly turning them on to save money🤔

The radio commentary said that although many of the lights did not seem to be working the floodlights still provided more light than at many of the grounds in the National League.

Most new stadiums seem to have screens in the corners of a stand ie col u You can see the scoreboard from the A12

An entertaining afternoon played in difficult conditions. A real shock when we conceded so early. So pleasing to quickly equalise and then win it in injury time. Darlington slumped to the floor at the end, they had given everything but we were just too strong in the end. Did not fancy lottery of penalties and can now look forward to the draw tomorrow and pray for a favourable tie. Really pleased for Cardwell for his brace and Blondy who is getting better every week.

Blondy 8
Kensdale 7.5
Lopata 7
Ralph 7
Demetriou 7
Taylor 7.5
Miley 7.5
Husin 8
Bridge 8
Cardwell 8.5 MOTM
Powell 6.5

Murphy 6.5
Hyde 6
Hobson 6

Harry Cardwell shades the MOTM for his brace and constant menace, really worked hard. Blondy a close second for some good saves which kept us in it when scores were level. We deserved to be in the hat overall but still felt sympathy for Darlington fans and their long journey home after the late, late decider. Speedy recovery wished for Paddy Almond for his worrying condition. UTB

I beg the question, why do you need a scoreboard? I kinda get it with high scoring sports or odd scoring like most US sports.. ‘hey, what’s the score?’
‘Dunno, I’ll just check the scoreboard… oh, 0-0’
‘Cool, don’t know what we’d do without it,eh?’

I beg the question, why do you need a scoreboard? I kinda get it with high scoring sports or odd scoring like most US sports.. ‘hey, what’s the score?’
‘Dunno, I’ll just check the scoreboard… oh, 0-0’
‘Cool, don’t know what we’d do without it,eh?’
Well, it has the time left on it

But it's also extra advertising space

A proper scoreboard lists the teams and subtitutes as well.

The cost of running it is very little
Your right it doesn't cost much to run, the problem comes when it's 30+ years old and therefore obsolete with outdated software and no spare parts available.

It's a problem most businesses face at some point on the decision to invest in a replacement or keep what you have ticking over.

Back