• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Darlington F.A Trophy

I struggle for a signal in parts of the east. Not much use having a digital programme I can't access until out the ground

There is a standard which no doubt the referee has to adjudicate. I'm sure Mick can give an authoritative opinion.
Not authoritative, but an opinion.

The referee will not be concerning himself with lux numbers and the like. His responsibility is to ensure that he is happy that there is adequate lighting to play the game safely and for the officials to perform adequately.

If he considers the lighting to be of a lower standard than expected, he could well include that in his match report.

I'm really not interested in this Cup, I'd rather we concentrate on getting out of this ****ty League.
Don’t be silly, we haven’t had an cup run for an long time, if there is an opportunity to reach Wembley and to win the trophy for first time in our history, why not go for it.

I am confident of taking on anyone in last 16, long as we at home.

To speak in favour of programmes, some people would prefer to not use their phone at a game but rather read the physical copy and share it with others.

The paper option also holds collection value. I can't put a bunch of PDFs in my bookshelf can I? If I had my huge programme collection on a USB it wouldn't be anywhere near as meaningful as my real collection is to me.

In an over-digitalised world, paper programmes are a nice break from screens.

Must be very rare in any game to hit the post 4 times, I wonder whether we have ever done that before and what the UK or our record might be. I know Liverpool hit the post 27 times during season 2013-14 . Couple of years ago Evesham United lost 2 -1 to Yate Town but hit the post SIX times
Yet again on another day we could have had 5. Someone is going to take a hammering from us before the season is out ?
Not sure what game you were watching? We hit the post twice, highlights confirm this too

To speak in favour of programmes, some people would prefer to not use their phone at a game but rather read the physical copy and share it with others.

The paper option also holds collection value. I can't put a bunch of PDFs in my bookshelf can I? If I had my huge programme collection on a USB it wouldn't be anywhere near as meaningful as my real collection is to me.

In an over-digitalised world, paper programmes are a nice break from screens.
its precisely this viewpoint that makes real programmes valid. However mine differs, Im not a collector but would more then likely pay 50p - £1.00 for a pdf to get the team sheet and news and interviews etc. Its already there as a digital file, just needs a delivery service. Money for old rope for the club imo.

Both physical and digital for me.

its precisely this viewpoint that makes real programmes valid. However mine differs, Im not a collector but would more then likely pay 50p - £1.00 for a pdf to get the team sheet and news and interviews etc. Its already there as a digital file, just needs a delivery service. Money for old rope for the club imo.

Both physical and digital for me.
I'd be happy to register my interest in buying a paper copy every week if it meant the club could estimate demand and save £££ on production. But it will be a sad day if the paper programme is ever lost for good.

I agree the digital one would make some sales too

Not sure what game you were watching? We hit the post twice, highlights confirm this too
I'm pretty sure we hit the woodwork 4 times in the game. The highlights don't show everything sadly and depending on where you sat, at least one wasn't obvious.

So if both the crossbar and the posts are made of 'wood', then that makes it 4 times in my book.
Judging by the sound of ball hitting frame of goal, I don't think the posts or crossbar are made of wood, right? I think 'hit the woodwork' is more of a turn of phrase these days.

Judging by the sound of ball hitting frame of goal, I don't think the posts or crossbar are made of wood, right? I think 'hit the woodwork' is more of a turn of phrase these days.
Thanks for the correction, ears suitably inserted round the offending word. I blame @fbm for introducing the topic in the first place.

Thanks for the correction, ears suitably inserted round the offending word. I blame @fbm for introducing the topic in the first place.
The thing is, I wondered about putting the word at all... I wanted to say post 3 times and bar once, but I genuinely couldn't recall if it was 2-2 or 4-0 to the post. But I do remember them being hit 4 times.

Hence the word woodwork was used - and I'm not kidding when I say this - I thought "People know what that means, that's not a word that is going to cause any discussion."

But I should have remembered, this is Shrimperzone. Never rule anything out.

The thing is, I wondered about putting the word at all... I wanted to say post 3 times and bar once, but I genuinely couldn't recall if it was 2-2 or 4-0 to the post. But I do remember them being hit 4 times.

Hence the word woodwork was used - and I'm not kidding when I say this - I thought "People know what that means, that's not a word that is going to cause any discussion."

But I should have remembered, this is Shrimperzone. Never rule anything out.
It's all those picky Malteaser geezers.

Back