• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Kings Lynn

I think the refereeing in the NL has been appalling BUT after watching the slo mo of this incident

THE REF WAS RIGHT

the defender makes contact with Daly before he touches the ball ...

deffo pen

it happens very quickly but the defenders first illegal contact with Dalby is before he plays the ball ..

THE REF WAS RIGHT

Where is this slo-mo footage? Would love to see it myself.

I think the refereeing in the NL has been appalling BUT after watching the slo mo of this incident

THE REF WAS RIGHT

the defender makes contact with Daly before he touches the ball ...

deffo pen

it happens very quickly but the defenders first illegal contact with Dalby is before he plays the ball ..

THE REF WAS RIGHT

Having seen the clip, I can understand why it was given. Defender completely throws himself into the tackle and goes through Dalby

Having seen the clip, I can understand why it was given. Defender completely throws himself into the tackle and goes through Dalby
Defender does contact with Dalby first and ball after. Looks initially like a great tackle but probably the right decision when you play it back a few times- very surprised with one view of it the ref got it possibly right- it would have taken VAR 45 mins to come to the same result

Having view the incident many times, and bearing in mind the angle of the Referee and the camera I would have given the same decision. Yes the defender got the ball and took out the attacker at the same time. Whether the defender got to the ball first is debatable and the Referee has to make a decision within seconds. If that "tackle" had occured in the centre circle then I think everyone would have agreed it was a foul and got on with the game with little dissent. Due to the fact that it became an important issue ( chance to win the game) that the opposition reacted in such a hostile manner. If we had the same situation against us, our reaction would have been the same. That is the beauty and despair of any football match.

Toxic poster alert

I do not appreciate players who don't genuinely work for the team ..... the other players {particularly Dalby} have had to do his work for him as he pratts about faking challenges and making no effort to pressure the oppo defenders ....

bad for team spirit and i don't think Maher wants that sort of nonsense in the team ...

I hope he finds another club .

I do not appreciate players who don't genuinely work for the team ..... the other players {particularly Dalby} have had to do his work for him as he pratts about faking challenges and making no effort to pressure the oppo defenders ....

bad for team spirit and i don't think Maher wants that sort of nonsense in the team ...

I hope he finds another club .

Appreciate the opinion - it's better than the original post which was just singling out Murphy with no explanation.

I disagree on the not pressuring oppo defenders. He scored one where he was pressuring the keeper who hit his clearance against Murphy - just one example. You also see many comments on here saying that you'd hate to play against Murphy as he is always niggling at you - doesn't sound like someone not putting defenders under pressure.

It was also good to see a defender follow-up the shot. How many times have we seen that in the past, where their forward follows it in unchallenged and score
E.g. when Ox saved a swerving shot at Colchester in the match that effectively relegated us , under Brown,of course.

What a shift from the boys todays, who the **** am I watching?

Arnold - 7
Arnold did his part in goal today as he usually does, some very good saves, notably the second half save from their number 10, distribution could be better at times but I don't think that has ever been his strong point. Not sure he could've done much more about their goal.

Davies - 7
A very solid full debut from Davies, I enjoyed watching him, his crossing is VERY good and could do some real damage with Cardwell and Dalby at the other end once all jelled together, some real potential in him and a very good replacement for Demi once his time is done.

Lopata - 7
Solid at the back as usual, the Polish Maldini, enough said.

Atkinson - 8
This man runs for ****ing days, no matter what age he is, he puts everything into his performance for the team and he has definitely earnt himself the rest of the season, I cannot believe he keeps running and running and running...

Ralph - 7
Fits all too well into the left centre back role, he's able to do what he does best on the left as he would when he plays left back but also has a great deal of qualities as a central defender, works so well with Clifford.

Clifford - 7
I just love him, what a player he is, always try to see himself into the box, his defending on the left is impeccable, a few times he seemed to not be able to kick the ball properly today., especially which lead to their goal, but everyone makes mistakes and I think he made up for his mistakes in the rest of the game.

Hobson - 8
**** me Hobson is such a weird player to me, 70% of the game he's insane, the other 30% makes me shiver, his assist was ridiculously good, I'm not sure who's allowing him to go up the field but by all means, carry on ?

Neal - 8
Roy Keane. That's it.

Dennis - 9
HE'S GOD DAMN FAST, it's like we've signed a new loanee which never got announced, being used in the right way, he loves to chase the ball and does so well in doing so, so many goals can come out of him.

Cardwell - 8
Haven't seen a better debut in a while, he's fast, he's tall and he's an extremely good looking guy, even after 90 minutes. So much potential in him, what a signing.

Dalby - 7
So I thought Dalby was quite poor in parts today, seems to have lost himself a bit recently but I'm hoping the penalty restores some confidence in himself and kicks on back to how he was, and with this team around him, I think he can be very good.

Subs:

Husin - N/A

Not going to lie, I was too busy ****ting myself to remember or focus on any players.

Ferguson - N/A
There was a very big cheer for his name that surprised me! Thought a lot didn't like him, but again was too busy ****ting myself to remember.. ?
Not sure how Hobson gets a higher score than Ralph and Lopata?

Hello chums, any opinion on Ethan Thomas’ performance for Kings Lynn (#8) on Friday? Apparently on his way to Birdbrain Road.

Hello chums, any opinion on Ethan Thomas’ performance for Kings Lynn (#8) on Friday? Apparently on his way to Birdbrain Road.
Do you mean Ethan Coleman? He certainly looks like a young, decent midfield prospect.

Didn't notice him. Only player of thiers that impressed me was the forward no9, he was difficult for the defenders to handle.

oh ok ,,, lets just all agree all the time shall we ?

I think we can mange without him - I hope he goes soon
We'll be managing in the National League South then, which is where we would probably be heading without his club top-scoring 7 league goals.

Not really accurate about the pressing either. He was doing it to great effect along with Dennis and Dalby during the home victory over Yeovil. His enforced substitution was a reason why our energy and press dropped off and we ended up inviting late pressure which led to Yeovil's consolation.

Last edited:
Back