• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Kings Lynn

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I saw it posted elsewhere by others.

Blues last one 3 league games in a row in October 2018.

It's the first time we've won a league game at RH after conceding since January 2018.

:Look:
Perhaps we should write-off 2019, 2020 & 2021 and pretend they never happened.

Enjoyed that immensely! :Smile:

Very impressed by the newbies. Thought Davies was terrific at RWB, went about his business quietly and effectively, and has a great cross. Loved the interchanging trio up top, such a luxury to have three forwards on the pitch, did think Dalby was a little off his game in the 1st half though but possibly only because he was so over shadowed by the other two - Cardwell and Dennis both immense. Struggling to understand why PB didn't play Dennis!

Midfield looked much better, and, unlike others behind where we sit, I thought Will had a terrific game. Yes, he gave away possession a couple of times but he was an absolute engine in there. Felt he didn't regain full ability after that injury when Arny felled him in the box and was surprised he carried on though.

I'd like to see Louis Walsh on the bench to come on for the forwards when their stamina flags, as Dennis' always seems to, and Cardwell's also did last night. Rush is not the answer.

Steve Arnold is a great find as GK, if only we'd had him in L2! Kept us in it a couple of times. Lopata and Ralph were both very solid, Hobson was his usual either brilliant or worrying self.

A word for Kings Lynn, I thought they absolutely contradicted their position in the league, played at a fast tempo and brought the game to us. They didn't look or play like a team entrenched in the relegation zone. Theo Widdrington was a Ricky Holmes look alike in stature and ability, how on earth can he be the brother of the gorgeous Kai Widdrington from Strictly?!

I'll take the "lucky" penalty all day long as we should've had one earlier for an obvious handball - and I wasn't sure if the foul on Ralph was inside the box or outside.

My only real gripe was that I thought some of our deadball deliveries were very poor. I guess this is something they need to work on with familiarising themselves with each other in training.

Arnold - 8
Davies - 8
Hobson - 7
Lopata - 7
Ralph - 7
Clifford - 7
Neal - 7
Atkinson - 8
Dennis - 9, MOTM
Cardwell - 8
Dalby - 7

Subs weren't really on long enough to rate but I liked the look of Husin a lot!

Hard earned and deserved win in the end. Make no mistake, this is a tough league, Dover apart, every win has been by a single goal. We have yet to beat a Top 10 team who are way clear in their own mini league for promotion. But we are on the right lines, we now have pace, energy and enthusiasm. Sorry Mr Brown but your ideas of older heads were having rings round them. Special mention for Will Atkinson who is rejuvenated and now reached top fitness and still has the engine to prove this point. Liked Kings Lynn No 9 Gold Omatoyo who was a powerful unit. Also they defended for their lives, getting blocks in to prevent goals. Felt sorry for them, they gave everything and as we know when you are down there decisions go against you.

Arnold 8
Davies 7
Hobson 8
Lopata 7
Ralph 7
Clifford 7
Neal 8
Atkinson 8
Dalby 7
Cardwell 8 MOTM
Dennis 8

Husin 7
Ferguson 5

A fine debut by Cardwell who edges MOTM for his all round efforts, winning headers and pressing defenders all night. Let’s just see this season out with a few more wins 11th, 12th would be a great achievement from where we were and ready to pounce in August. UTB

Arnie, again had a good game and made some excellent saves, however the KL gk was much busier and also made some top draw saves, he is maybe too good for NL.
The first save from the hard working and awkward KL no9 was caused by our 3 CBs all leaving the chase down to each other. The goal against was lax and indecisive defending and I could not judge if it was off side;, and there were very few off sides in the whole game given, no handballs and relatively few fouls.
Again Darren Currie was entertaining on the touchline, As was the very smartly dressed but combative Mr Widdrington.
The last 10 minutes of game time ought to be considered, Matt Dennis ran out of go, subs were unprepared AND imo, we were fortunate that lady luck was with us rather than she was for when Yeovil got their late late consolation.
The new lads looked very good additions who are ready to go, and be in every matchday squad or starting elevens right from signing on.
Onwards, upwards, UTB!

One final point, their fat lad on the wing has just signed from Bristol rovers. Looked lazy, arrogant and useless.

Our policy of looking downwards for raw and exciting talent is undoubtedly better than looking up at people falling out of the game ?
Let’s hope the boy ( players past it days) are now a thing of the past we have plenty of eyes at the club watching the lower league talent even Steve tilson I’m sure is watching out for Kevin and putting names forward.

Oh, and finally, @Tinks mentioned this - there was an absolute ******** of one of our fans who ran on the pitch at the end and then legged it into the centre of the West not giving a damn who might have been hurt as he tried to evade the chasing security team, all the while during which two young kids ran onto the pitch from the family stand and had a jolly old time running about and knee sliding. It's simple - STAY OFF THE PITCH!

Nice weekend now off the back of that. Anybody else heading to another game today? Billericay for me.

A squad of players who were either unavailable or not selected last night. I wonder how many of them we will see again in the first team?

Demetriou
Bridge
White
Murphy
Coulson
Agogo
Dunne
Akinola
ANG

Seaden
Gard
Walsh
Phillips
Egbri
Howard
Kinali

A squad of players who were either unavailable or not selected last night. I wonder how many of them we will see again in the first team?

Demetriou
Bridge
White
Murphy
Coulson
Agogo
Dunne
Akinola
ANG

Seaden
Gard
Walsh
Phillips
Egbri
Howard
Kinali
I think Walsh, Murphy and Bridge we will definitely. JW, Demi and Dunne are all still useful as squad players this season. I'd be gutted for Gard and Egbri if we don't see them again, the rest, well, much as it pains me to say it, I think Kev & Co have seen enough in training - and I really liked Kinali!

Their manager or someone in the dugout was shown a red

Tommy Whiddrington was shown a red.
Quote from their local paper:

"Linnets boss Widdrington was sent-off in the aftermath of the penalty award after being accused of aiming something towards the fourth official.

"If I'm going to get sent-off for a flicking a gel packet at the fourth official which has been dropped then there's something blatantly wrong with the game," he said.

"If he puts that in his report then that is tantamount to ridiculous as I didn't do anything other than that."

Couldn't agree more. Very good Centre Forward who did his job well. If they do go down, someone will snap him up.
I am convinced that if he wasn’t playing we would of tonked them last night.

He was their only outlet. He offered zilch in and around the box, in terms of goalscoring ability, but he was excellent at giving them an outlet to clear the ball to when defending. He then held it up, or brought an onrushing player in to the game with a lay off.

Without that outlet we would of controlled the ball more, inviting even more pressure and they would of subsided.

Hobson continuing the trend of getting forward and showing great skill. From being dodgy in a three he now seems to be benefiting from it.

I think the key with Hobson - other than the change in manager - is putting him on the right side of the three. I never got why White, who played a fair bit of left back earlier in his career, was always the right-sided centre-back.

Not sure how the KL player didn't get booked for throwing Dennis's shin pads(?) into the east stand, could've caused an injury to an spectator.

Wasn’t it Dennis’ boot? I thought it was unsportsmanlike conduct even if they hadn’t gone into the stands but throwing them into the crowd was reckless.

We talk about players needing to stay down to secure the booking. The crowd member that hit needed to go down and stay down.

Sorry but I have to take issue with the comment on Arnold’s distribution. every game he is looking for the quick ball out and has a terrific low trajectory kick. It adds a whole new dimension to our play now we have Dennis and turns defence on not attack in an instant.
We scored from it last week and it was effective again last night
Maybe I didn't explain my point well enough to an extent, in terms of seeing players and the threat, by all means he is very good at doing so, however it's some times I have seen the ball be kicked straight out of play or it hasn't gone exactly where planned, it's just my own personal view ?

Back