• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Kings Lynn

Harrison Neal appears to be a bit of an un-sung hero for me - probably due to his style of play. I think he is hugely influential in our improvement, and we will need to replace him with a similar style player when he heads back to Sheffield.

I agree with OBL and can’t understand why Louis Walsh isn’t getting a look in as a sub. As excellent as we were first half, I felt we lacked energy in the second. Dennis needs to be hooked a few minutes earlier - not a criticism, just down to the way he plays the game.
I think he'd had Covid, I know John White had too. Maybe he's not recovering quite as well.

I've been to a couple away games but my first at the Hall this season, sat in the South Upper and some of the balls Arnold was pinging out was almost Federici-esque. He really seems the real deal, great shot stopper, organiser, claims crosses and very good distribution. Imagine he's a leader in the changing room and a great character to have around too.

Hopefully our number one for a long while.
My only concern is he travels more or 2hrs to get to us for training and games then 2 hrs home again ....more if travelling through in a rush hour I guess. traveling for two hours home after being dropped off after an away game takes it toll, as does feeling shattered after training and facing that drive. How long does it take for that to become an issue. I'm guessing it's not so bad when winning with good support but must have been tough when we were pants !

You cant beat a Friday night under lights. Especially if you are 1-0 down at h/T but everyone in the ground knows its never going to end that way.

Well done to all the players, staff and the 6,000 who teleported the refs whistle into his mouth and blew it before he could think.

A proper number 9 who had done more in his opening 30mins than some did in all of last season. If Dennis can move half a second earlier on the flicks we really are in business.

There is more to come next week and possibly 2 going out.

Im looking forward to an afternoon in London on Tuesday with the lads. We intend to visit places of historic interest, before boarding a train to that grubby little northern town called Aldershot.
When you say “more to come next week” are you referring to additional signings?

You cant beat a Friday night under lights. Especially if you are 1-0 down at h/T but everyone in the ground knows its never going to end that way.

Well done to all the players, staff and the 6,000 who teleported the refs whistle into his mouth and blew it before he could think.

A proper number 9 who had done more in his opening 30mins than some did in all of last season. If Dennis can move half a second earlier on the flicks we really are in business.

There is more to come next week and possibly 2 going out.

Im looking forward to an afternoon in London on Tuesday with the lads. We intend to visit places of historic interest, before boarding a train to that grubby little northern town called Aldershot.
I don’t know if this has been picked up by anyone, but that was our first Friday night home game since December 18th 2015, over 6 years ago.
That night we beat Bury (remember them), 4-1 and I can recall Jack Payne scored an excellent individual goal in one of his best games for the Blues.
What is also worth noting is that after the win, we were up to 7th place in league 1 and Bury were 8th!
There was one similarity however; last night’s crowd of 6122 was only FIVE less than the crowd for that Bury game.
That is something we can all be proud of.

My only concern is he travels more or 2hrs to get to us for training and games then 2 hrs home again ....more if travelling through in a rush hour I guess. traveling for two hours home after being dropped off after an away game takes it toll, as does feeling shattered after training and facing that drive. How long does it take for that to become an issue. I'm guessing it's not so bad when winning with good support but must have been tough when we were pants !
Where's SA based, ITK? Midlands?

I don’t know if this has been picked up by anyone, but that was our first Friday night home game since December 18th 2015, over 6 years ago.
That night we beat Bury (remember them), 4-1 and I can recall Jack Payne scored an excellent individual goal in one of his best games for the Blues.
What is also worth noting is that after the win, we were up to 7th place in league 1 and Bury were 8th!
There was one similarity however; last night’s crowd of 6122 was only FIVE less than the crowd for that Bury game.
That is something we can all be proud of.
I was at the game but forgot it was 6 years ago. Yes JP played well, did he also win a pen?
Traditionally crowds are lower just before Chritmas. I missed a games Accrington and Scunny a few years back as I had something that clashed. What night was Scunny on ?

Last nights crowd were great all round, obviously boosted by results, signings and lack of 'Lad time' over Christmas and Saturdays. Surely everyone will be back again in Feb.

My first game since Maidenhead, what a difference, the new lads all impressed and others like Atkinson and Hobson produced hugely improved performances. The main area for improvement for me is the final ball & decision making in the final third, but that will hopefully improve. The talent and desire appears to be there.

Yes, the pen was lucky, but even if we’d have only got a draw I was buoyed by the overall performance. For the first time in a while, I actually enjoyed the match rather than going through the motions.

I was at the game but forgot it was 6 years ago. Yes JP played well, did he also win a pen?
Traditionally crowds are lower just before Chritmas. I missed a games Accrington and Scunny a few years back as I had something that clashed. What night was Scunny on ?

Last nights crowd were great all round, obviously boosted by results, signings and lack of 'Lad time' over Christmas and Saturdays. Surely everyone will be back again in Feb.
Wow, 6 years ago! What a game that was. Payne on fire, I believe you’re right, won a pen, then scored a cracking fourth!

Tommy Widdrington's assessment of the penalty decision, his red card and the game. Says our front 3 took the game to Kings Lynn, and that Kev knows what he's doing. He says the penalty was one of the best tackles he's seen this season. He lives down this way since he was assistant to Luggy. Actually supports us and goes when he can to Roots Hall, with us being his local team, he said in an interview this week.

I rate Walsh and was playing ok when he got his chance! He's quick and can go past players but unfortunately he's another from the Molesley and the brown regime and I think maher wants to move most of them on and bring in stans players.
The idea that they’re “Stan’s players” is wrong. Kev knows what he has in front of him and is making those decisions based on facts. The likes of Stan, Still, Benno, Currie and their various scouts are merely providing Kev with a list of players for Kev to choose from based on who he feels would fit best into his system.

Stan made this very clear the other night that Kev is given all of the required information but it’s his decision as to who we actually persue.

On the subject of Walsh, I think he has a lot to offer the team. He was one of the bright sparks during the Brown days and I think he will only improve as the team, as a whole, improve.

You may well be right, but who would you bench to make way for him?
Would have been good to have the option and Dennis will go at end of season and a front four of Cardwell, Dalby, Murphy and Sim would be pretty potent. It would probably see the end of Rush

Back