• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Yeovil Town

I never worry about Arnold as I did the Ox….was due a clanger and we got away with it….the only thing Tango got right!
As well as Arnold, I think PB's signings of Murphy, Dalby and Dennis were also pretty astute. But to state the obvious. PB could not get the best out of the good players he did sign, with Dennis a case in point.

As well as Arnold, I think PB's signings of Murphy, Dalby and Dennis were also pretty astute. But to state the obvious. PB could not get the best out of the good players he did sign, with Dennis a case in point.
As Phil never seemed to play him in his best position is MD really a valid example of his astuteness?

As Phil never seemed to play him in his best position is MD really a valid example of his astuteness?
I am not defending PB's second spell as manager. It was disastrous. I was simply saying it was one thing to make a shrewd signing and quite another thing to know how to make the best use of the talent brought on board.

Matt Dennis is an example of a potentially good signing - PB publicly recognised his skills and terrific speed - but seemed to have little idea in practice on how best to utilise those qualities for the benefit of the first team.

Are we finally getting an idea of what "Kev-ball" looks like?

A few weeks ago there were murmurs of discontent that maybe King Kev was just very good at making PowerPoints, I think the management had something of a lucky accident with Dennis against Dorking, and he's now gone from being the forgotten man, to one of the first names on the team sheet.

I'm confident we are doing enough to avoid the drop now, a mid-table (10-12th) finish is do-able, but sadly our first 15 games will have cost us a shot at playoffs this year.

Couldn’t get there last night but seems one I definitely missed. I was looking at points last night…60 is a possibility, not sure how far up the final table that generally gets you

Loooooool, I was so busy with work yesterday that by the time I'd finished I went straight to bed and completely forgot about this game ?

What a nice feeling, waking up to a win ??

1 defeat in 7 ... And unbeaten in 4 ... Can't moan about that one.

But with 3 Crucial league games coming up, we should be expecting at least 7 points out of 9

7 points clear of the drop zone and feels as if we are at the start of something here. Look much more solid at the back, playing far better football and the boys are giving it everything out there.

We have 3 huge games coming up, with a genuine opportunity to potentially put 15 points from 15 available on the board following those games.

Very big few weeks for the season but from what we have seen recently we can feel a lot more confident. What a result against a decent outfit, come on you blues
That's the important thing. By the time we play our next league match both Wealdstone and Maidenhead will have played their games in hand. Maidenhead have Chesterfield so you'd have to hope they don't get anything from that, but Wealdstone are at home to Dover so will probably go back ahead of us.

Jesus, on debut and against a physical side putting under pressure, give the guy some slack, maybe heading wise slightly weak, but otherwise positional play was good and stood up to them when run at. To be fair the back three all struggled when Reid and quigley came on
Debut or not, you said Kensdale did all that was asked of him. Personally I think it's quite important for a central defender to be able to win the ball in the air. He went for 3 headers and missed them all. In my book that is not doing all that's asked of him.

A few weeks ago there were murmurs of discontent that maybe King Kev was just very good at making PowerPoints, I think the management had something of a lucky accident with Dennis against Dorking, and he's now gone from being the forgotten man, to one of the first names on the team sheet.

Every good manager has a bit of luck. I'd say Dennis was even luckier in a way. From what I was hearing, he just wasn't doing it in training. If the FA Trophy didn't allow 18-man squads then he would never have gotten that opportunity to come in from the cold because he wasn't doing enough to earn a place in the 16-man squads for league fixtures.

Even better, Col Ewes lost! I hope we can have an derby with them next season!!

I think your wish may come true, we are not a bad side but really need a striker or two, I can see us going down this season or next because there is little sign of us improving in the goalscoring dept, thank goodness Freddie Sears is doing his stuff!

Made a last minute decision to go last night, and what a great choice that was.

Best performance I’ve seen for a very long time, and a massive lift for the mental health, not only to get out of the house but to see a superb performance and to get a much needed win.

Massive credit to Kev and the coaching staff, what a transformation. Every player was totally up for it and we now actually look like a team who plays for each other and the badge.

So many contenders for MOM; but personally I though Demetriou was immense.

I’m still chuckling at the “who are ya!” chants at their nameless player everytime he got the ball… And this is why I will always love going to RH. Our supporters are just the best!

I am not defending PB's second spell as manager. It was disastrous. I was simply saying it was one thing to make a shrewd signing and quite another thing to know how to make the best use of the talent brought on board.

Matt Dennis is an example of a potentially good signing - PB publicly recognised his skills and terrific speed - but seemed to have little idea in practice on how best to utilise those qualities for the benefit of the first team.
I think anyone would have signed him after the Wakering performance. Ripped them apart with his speed, got him in, never had a clue how to use him and of course weren’t keen because he was under 30!

Debut or not, you said Kensdale did all that was asked of him. Personally I think it's quite important for a central defender to be able to win the ball in the air. He went for 3 headers and missed them all. In my book that is not doing all that's asked of him.
Glad I wasn't the only one who saw that. Hopefully that was a result of getting into the game late as a sub, which can make it difficult to keep up.

I thought if the ball hit the ref, play would stop with a drop ball - or is this not applicable to NL?

Back