• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Yeovil Town

I disagree with the thinking behind the first statement to be honest. Glory doesn’t mean winning the champions league for a club like Southend, it means reaching the highest heights you can / ever have. Our ‘halcyon days’ were in the championship and I’m pretty sure we all as fans enjoyed those days. They were our ‘glory days’ and regaining that level is not beyond the scope of Southend United if it is well run for a few years.
For that to happen we need a new stadium. Yeovil got there by accident not that long ago and look what happened.

When we finished 7th in L1 all the clubs above us, and in the Championship were far stronger financially. Over spending chasing past glory is why we are in the NL.

For that to happen we need a new stadium. Yeovil got there by accident not that long ago and look what happened.

When we finished 7th in L1 all the clubs above us, and in the Championship were far stronger financially. Over spending chasing past glory is why we are in the NL.
I couldn’t agree more

I couldn’t agree more
I'm not saying you can't have the same or even better in life. The key is to admit that you may need a more 'modern' approach......Soulless half empty out of town stadiums is apparently the way forward in football

The problem is that the new stadium will have three sides and a 7000 capacity. And we’ll still pay rent to Ron Rachman. Less potential than our beloved Roots Hall.

I’m being pessimistic here but it’s not an unlikely scenario.

The problem is that the new stadium will have three sides and a 7000 capacity. And we’ll still pay rent to Ron Rachman. Less potential than our beloved Roots Hall.

I’m being pessimistic here but it’s not an unlikely scenario.
So the main stand will hold 14,000 ?

Of course his goal had an element of luck, but if you don’t buy a ticket you don’t win the lottery. He deserved his bit of luck with his performance.

Think you’ve read far too much into my post.

I felt Demi was excellent Tuesday night. However, he is someone whose deal I wouldn’t have renewed in the summer, and I wouldn’t be renewing it this summer, but I felt he was excellent. Maybe it’s the increased competition with Davies in the building, maybe it was a fluke, or maybe he is one of the ones who has really suffered with a lack of confidence.

Maher, on more than one occasion, has mentioned that Demi has been excellent since he (Kev) has arrived at the Club. Long May it continue.

No need to cringe, or get a hard on…
Personally I think Demi is the best of the senior pros at the club. Is he still at his peak? No. But he still had plenty to offer even as a reserve in the dressing room. Wouldn’t imagine Maher will be throwing that away without due consideration.

Personally I think Demi is the best of the senior pros at the club. Is he still at his peak? No. But he still had plenty to offer even as a reserve in the dressing room. Wouldn’t imagine Maher will be throwing that away without due consideration.
Quite a few managers have highly favoured demi the last few years, hasnt gone so well has it.

Quite a few managers have highly favoured demi the last few years, hasnt gone so well has it.
Nope you’re right, it hasn’t gone well. They also favoured a number of others who still play for the club and others who play at a higher level than us now…what’s your point?

Nope you’re right, it hasn’t gone well. They also favoured a number of others who still play for the club and others who play at a higher level than us now…what’s your point?
Point is he should have gone a couple years ago. My opinion.

Back