• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-2 Altrincham

Considering his leg was in a splint, I don't think we'll be seeing him again anytime soon.

First time I have been for a couple of months...thought we played well first half; less so second half. If you are going to hand your opponents two goals though, it is not going to be easy to win games of football.
The matchday experience I have to say is as bad as it has ever been. Half the turnstiles closed, couldn't hear the tannoy annoucements as was muffled, the clock on the South Stand was broken and the North stand scoreboard was switched off. Couldn't get a hot chocolate at half time as they had run out (as well as Bovril) and the tea I had in replacement was awful (not PG tips as normal but a cheap tasting replacement). Are we that short of money that we couldn't have bought a few catering packs of Cadbury instant chocolate and some decent teabags?

First time I have been for a couple of months...thought we played well first half; less so second half. If you are going to hand your opponents two goals though, it is not going to be easy to win games of football.
The matchday experience I have to say is as bad as it has ever been. Half the turnstiles closed, couldn't hear the tannoy annoucements as was muffled, the clock on the South Stand was broken and the North stand scoreboard was switched off. Couldn't get a hot chocolate at half time as they had run out (as well as Bovril) and the tea I had in replacement was awful (not PG tips as normal but a cheap tasting replacement). Are we that short of money that we couldn't have bought a few catering packs of Cadbury instant chocolate and some decent teabags?
Yes we are that short of money

Genuine question, is Wreh any better than Acquah?

Acquah was given a very tough job to do and wasn't ready for it, I'd class Wreh as being in the same position just a league down.

The same thing being, we had no other forwards fit and no chance of bringing any in due to an embargo
Yes, Wreh is better than Acquah.

Acquah never looked like scoring.

Yes Andy, things really are that bad finance wise.

**** performance on the pitch backed up by a **** supporter experience as @Andyhsufc rightly points out.

No hot chocolate or Bovril in the East Black/Greens kiosk and I'm definitely not keen on the coffee/tea on offer considering the reviews from others.

Sat in my seat freezing cold, no decent hot drinks to warm me up, the announcer's microphone appeared to stop working at times and no idea of the time in-game thanks to the lack of scoreboard.

Truly tinpot matchday experience, not sure about anyone else but it was a new SUFC low today for me. I'm absolutely seething at how this club has been left to rot.

Has the south stand clock ever worked?

I don't know but someone else will. Can we sign an 'emergency' keeper even under umbongo?
National League regulations concerning embargoes: “In the event of an Embargoed Club having no fit goalkeeper (again as evidenced by medical certificates) then it shall be entitled to register a goalkeeper for an initial maximum period of 28 days. A goalkeeper registered under this clause must not be nominated on the Team Sheet for any match at the same time as the goalkeeper he has been signed to replace, and must not be engaged on more favourable terms than the goalkeeper he has been signed to replace.”

At the moment, we do have a fit goalkeeper in Blondy Nna Noukeu, of course, so unless he’s injured or recalled (should that be in the terms of his loan arrangement), no new goalkeeper will be allowed to come in.

However Altrincham maintained their non stop running for 90 + minutes - they were much physically stronger than us and when they ran forward they ran strongly directly towards our goal
Against physically strong hard running sides we struggle. They had the energy to quadruple up on Bridge when he got the ball in the second half. They easily brushed aside our less strongly built midfield
Agreed, yet their 17th in the table, so how do we set our stall out against teams like this?.
Our next 2 games are against Boreham Wood, & after the 1st game of the season we all know what their tactics are re shirt tugging, going down as if they'd been shot etc.
It will be very interesting to observe our game plan, for these 2 match's.

**** performance on the pitch backed up by a **** supporter experience as @Andyhsufc rightly points out.

No hot chocolate or Bovril in the East Black/Greens kiosk and I'm definitely not keen on the coffee/tea on offer considering the reviews from others.

Sat in my seat freezing cold, no decent hot drinks to warm me up, the announcer's microphone appeared to stop working at times and no idea of the time in-game thanks to the lack of scoreboard.

Truly tinpot matchday experience, not sure about anyone else but it was a new SUFC low today for me. I'm absolutely seething at how this club has been left to rot.
Asset stripping

Genuine question, is Wreh any better than Acquah?

Acquah was given a very tough job to do and wasn't ready for it, I'd class Wreh as being in the same position just a league down.

The same thing being, we had no other forwards fit and no chance of bringing any in due to an embargo
Dear Lord, please tell me you are having a laugh. There is absolutely no comparison between the two. Wreh looks like a footballer, scores some goals and has an iota of skill with the ball at his feet. Maybe some question marks over fitness/work rate. Acquah is just dog ****.

Considering his leg was in a splint, I don't think we'll be seeing him again anytime soon.
Turned to my brother at the time it happened and called a broken leg. Was a horrible challenge that went completely unpunished, and looked and sounded like a classic impact break situation.

Yeah, absolutely all of this. Was gonna post something similar in my match report but didn't want to make it an essay. The East stand is swimming in dried bird **** too. Shocking state of rot all throughout the club and its facilities.

Last edited:
Not much to add to the above. But a couple of small points.

Blondy was nowhere near as bad as some are saying. Actually made a couple of decent saves to keep us in it as the defence fell apart.

The defensive frailties all seem to be stemming from Ralph being squeezed back in for me. He’s a problem in a three as plays too wide meaning gaps are bigger than when Kensdale plays and we look poor in a 4 as GSM then has to stay back more (I believe we switched in the 2nd to stop Colclough).

Wreh looked in decent nick today. Worked very hard and will need to keep that up if we can’t get anyone else back fit.

Gutted for Mooney. Super talented lad who has moved to a new area and has clearly not shown his best due to a couple of niggles and has now seemingly picked up a bad one.

Oh and what was that little protest in the East green/black stand early in second half? Wasn’t aware of it happening and couldn’t really hear what they were chanting.

Oh and what was that little protest in the East green/black stand early in second half? Wasn’t aware of it happening and couldn’t really hear what they were chanting.
It wasn't a protest, I believe it was a group of people remembering someone with some chants and waving custom made scarves. A great little tribute

Yeah, absolutely all of this. Was gonna post something similar in my match report but didn't want to make it an essay. The East stand is swimming in dried bird **** too. Shocking state of rot all throughout the club and its facilities.
The South Stand experience was no better today. Used to the pigeon s**t but the walk way behind the upper tier seats is now covered in fox s**t. Gets worse every game.

Back