• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-2 Altrincham

The South Stand experience was no better today. Used to the pigeon s**t but the walk way behind the upper tier seats is now covered in fox s**t. Gets worse every game.
Heartbreaking, seems the whole ground is crumbling like Atlantis?. And the property developer ( ?? ) in charge, appears happy to let things get worse?.

Disappointing day, thought we would struggle with lack of options up top but no biggest concern is back line appear to have imploded. Is it Ralph or the change in goal? 3 points there for the taking today without getting out of second gear and we managed to throw it away. Kacper I think your too good for us, but take some responsibility there and hoof it into row Z. Even worse after was his slating of Blondey and body language to try and exonerate himself for the clanger. Altrincham are not too bad but 2 points lost today with tougher games too follow.

Blondey 5
Hobson 6
Lopata 5
Ralph 5
Scott-Morris 6
Miley 6
Taylor 5
Fonguck 6
Bridge 7 MOTM
Wreh 6
Mooney 5

Cosgrave 4

Jack Bridge continues to be our shining light and definitely prefer back at LWB hugging the touchline, Also felt Wreh put more chasing and work rste in. But unless we can stop giving goals away, whatever else is going on we will struggle to win games. Happy to score 2 today with 4 missing strikers, should not need to score 3 to win games. UTB

Heartbreaking, seems the whole ground is crumbling like Atlantis?. And the property developer ( ?? ) in charge, appears happy to let things get worse?.
Extremely sad, and depressing. Something we all cherish is being drained of any and all life by one man and held to ransom. I see no way out to be honest. Only one person will win from all this and sadly if it will be due to monetary gain then that is sad in its own right.

More to the point he's not putting in any money cos he hasn't got any.
Or..... Maybe he's an advocate of Plato? The mother of all necessity, in such circumstances. Who knows? I do know, as everyone does who cares to look back that huge sums have been historically invested in our comparatively little, poorly represented club (relevent as size is inextricably linked to inward outward finance). However we do not know how much he has now or may have in the future, or more pertinently have any real say as to how he should spent it. I hope some goes to the club, obviously. Clearly the club is highly unattractive to any investment, unless if corse if the players that cross the white line at kick off over perform, which in turn drives a form if interest. So back onto the thread theme, such a perfor today, in a game if two Half's, error strewn and lacking quality, in parts is a keen example of the clubs position. I hassen to add the same position and typical performance seen up and down the country on a typical wk. I was however very pleased with other aspects of the performance and happy in that we seemed to avoid defeat, somehow.. today's game stopped a mini spiral from whirling us down the table quicker than some can say... Oiii Ron 'clear up that pigeon xxxx that you had no idea about, that I didn't inform any staff about you incompetent twit' (not my words).

he has he just can’t be bothered. I still think ff will be built. And the club will be in tact but a shell of itself. What a soulless Operation

Decent 1st half. Bridge the standout player. We could have had 3 or 4 by HT if we had had our shooting boots on.

Everyone was poor 2nd half. Morale massively dipped after the howler between Blondy and Lopata.

What was disappointing, was the 2 times that the W block had a little 'Martin out' chant 1 of the Trust board members sitting 2 rows in front of me by the halfway line responded both times with comments shut up and to f**k off.
Very poor from them.

Don't worry the 12 or so fans on Shrimperzone that think they own the club will willingly, voluntarily go clean it up for you (for free), you know, as it's their club and all that. Not sure how this affected the performance or ratings from the today's match tho. But willing to be informed.
One could say that many reports written in here cover the writers' entire matchday experience, of which the surroundings/facilities are a legitimate factor for some. Bee in your bonnet this evening, friend?

One could say that many reports written in here cover the writers' entire matchday experience, of which the surroundings/facilities are a legitimate factor for some. Bee in your bonnet this evening, friend?
No not at all, maybe adding context though, removing problems possibly?

Interesting how all our problems are exacerbated by a few bad results.

Horrible stank around the club right now, and although not the only factor, it would be naive to think off field issues arent effecting the players, theres only so much 'brave face' you can put on things...

Im sufc for life but its pretty depressing and exhausting.

Last edited:
Seems to me our fortunes changed when the captains armband was taken off Miley ,who had been inspirational up until then ,if the threads you people were posting were factual and given back to Ralph and the dropping of Kensdale, The defence up to that point had been rock solid and praised by all .This i think was a big mistake by KEV and co. If its not broken why tinker with it, Ralph should have had to bide his time on the subs bench. Why and there has to be a reason are we getting so many injuries mostly i may add to our strikers and now keepers. Maybe its time to recall Benton from his loan and give him a run , he at least not afraid to have a shot ,seems to score plenty of goals from midfield .And i wonder if Hobson can do what our favourite ,defender come attacker come fighter from Tunisia once did for us and play a strikers role whilst we wait for others to return from injury .

Seems to me our fortunes changed when the captains armband was taken off Miley ,who had been inspirational up until then ,if the threads you people were posting were factual and given back to Ralph and the dropping of Kensdale, The defence up to that point had been rock solid and praised by all .This i think was a big mistake by KEV and co. If its not broken why tinker with it, Ralph should have had to bide his time on the subs bench. Why and there has to be a reason are we getting so many injuries mostly i may add to our strikers and now keepers. Maybe its time to recall Benton from his loan and give him a run , he at least not afraid to have a shot ,seems to score plenty of goals from midfield .And i wonder if Hobson can do what our favourite ,defender come attacker come fighter from Tunisia once did for us and play a strikers role whilst we wait for others to return from injury .

Kensdale started in the 3-1 defeat to Gateshead. The 2 game losing streak started before Ralph came back into the side

Interesting how all our problems are exacerbated by a few bad results.

Horrible stank around the club right now, and although not the only factor, it would be naive to think off field issues arent effecting the players, theres only so much 'brave face' you can put on things...

Im sufc for life but its pretty depressing and exhausting.
1 point against 3 poor sides isn't great considering 11 match unbeaten run. I do believe the off field issues are playing its part. Staff not paid, players paid late, disinterested chairman and HMRC winding up order with court date in January is not a recipe for success. Kev said couple weeks ago its impossible to block out those off field issues..... the management/ players must be wondering when will this madness end bit like us fans. Kev and Co will be trying to put fires out in January instead they should be looking to build. Play offs looks pipe dream now.

He's got the money to have the builders work on the training pitches at Fossets all week though. This I can see from my window at work.

I think it is pure neglect of Roots Hall.

Back