• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-2 Altrincham

I have just watched it again and have another possible take on it. On Saturday I couldn’t understand why Lopata was having a go at Captain Terrible Ralph, but it appears that Ralph seems to telling Lopata to leave it to Blondy. Just watch as Ralph sticks out his arm.
To be fair, I noticed this. Many fans were quick to assume that Lopata was laying into the keeper but he actually aimed most of his aggression at Ralph. Therefore, what your suggesting makes sense.

As the captain with experience on his side, Ralph should have read the situation and shouted for Lopata to just boot it out into row z, especially knowing that the keeper is new into the side.

Lots of us talk about Lopata's maturity and leadership qualities for a young player, but I think he showed his inexperience on this occasion. He should have thought, I don't know what the keeper is going to do here so I'm taking ownership and I'm going to get rid of it. He can't be blamed for this however, because he is still very young and is learning his trade, just like the goalkeeper is. That's why I stated on another post that you'd hope both players take equal blame and move on.

Wasnt there for this game for personal reasons but heard the stretcher got dropped while carrying Mooney !
Hopefully we'l find out pretty quickly what the extent of the injury is.. Suspected broken fib or tib.
Yep, think one of the elderly carriers lost his grip, Darren Currie was in there pretty quick as were one or two others.

Hopefully it is only a suspected break and not actual.

Yep, think one of the elderly carriers lost his grip, Darren Currie was in there pretty quick as were one or two others.

Hopefully it is only a suspected break and not actual.
I think KM said in his post match interview he didn't think it was as bad as needing a stretcher might suggest - mind I think he caveated it by saying he wasn't an expert

To be fair, I noticed this. Many fans were quick to assume that Lopata was laying into the keeper but he actually aimed most of his aggression at Ralph. Therefore, what your suggesting makes sense.

As the captain with experience on his side, Ralph should have read the situation and shouted for Lopata to just boot it out into row z, especially knowing that the keeper is new into the side.

Lots of us talk about Lopata's maturity and leadership qualities for a young player, but I think he showed his inexperience on this occasion. He should have thought, I don't know what the keeper is going to do here so I'm taking ownership and I'm going to get rid of it. He can't be blamed for this however, because he is still very young and is learning his trade, just like the goalkeeper is. That's why I stated on another post that you'd hope both players take equal blame and move on.
So easy for folk to heap the blame on Blondy who had a very good game or even Ralph.
Lopata fully deserves his popularity—he’s been heroic in commanding our back line but he struggled on Saturday, not winning his aerial duels and getting caught out of position by balls over the top.When he saw Blondy coming out ,if he decided against whacking it into the stand ,he just needed to get out of the way.

Back