• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-3 Aldershot Town

Half a dozen managers and hundreds of players later, 16th in the NL and yet it’s the players and managers fault? Don’t get me wrong they are of course accountable. But one person hasn’t changed. Co-incidence, or is it that he is the root cause? Time to wake up people. This can still get a hell of a lot worse…

He doesn't need a shiny new stadium, he needs shiny new homes

If there is no club left he will be able to build as many houses or flats as he likes on both plots of land.

He's not going to lose any sleep over us.
I don't think Ron is trying to purposely destroy the club to build houses! If he really wanted to do that why appointment phil Brown? Why sign rhys Murphy? Why put any money into the club at all? Why not just appointment himself as manager and make sure we never win again?

Only 4 pluses in this team, Arnold, Bridge, Dalby, Ralph …….rest absolute paceless cripples , Phil Brown signings that will be fighting relegation as there is the usual negative set up under Tango…..may as well go now as he has returned more clueless than before.
Signing Atkinson said it all……paceless defence will get ripped apart every week and strikers will get no service from the sideways merchants that he has cobbled together. It was win win for him taking over from the equally useless Molesley but after tonight it shows how badly he has read this League……not sure what can be done either as you can try as hard as you like but if the pace isn’t there then it never will be, September 15th and what’s mess!

Actually, if Molesley had had Dalby and Murphy I think he would have done better than our Phil.

Only 4 pluses in this team, Arnold, Bridge, Dalby, Ralph …….rest absolute paceless cripples , Phil Brown signings that will be fighting relegation as there is the usual negative set up under Tango…..may as well go now as he has returned more clueless than before.
Signing Atkinson said it all……paceless defence will get ripped apart every week and strikers will get no service from the sideways merchants that he has cobbled together. It was win win for him taking over from the equally useless Molesley but after tonight it shows how badly he has read this League……not sure what can be done either as you can try as hard as you like but if the pace isn’t there then it never will be, September 15th and what’s mess!
What about rhys Murphy? 3 in 3 now ? Not bad for no service right? And he's quite quick.

I don't think Ron is trying to purposely destroy the club to build houses! If he really wanted to do that why appointment phil Brown? Why sign rhys Murphy? Why put any money into the club at all? Why not just appointment himself as manager and make sure we never win again?

I agree he's not going to purposely do it but if it does all end in tears for SUFC it won't end in tears for him.

Why appoint PB ? Why sign Murphy ? Because if SUFC are doing well, it justifies needing a new stadium. Simple as. And once built, he'll be able to build on RH without the need to worry about the covenant.

Yes I agree that what is happening at the club is down to RM mismanagement of the club.But what is happening on the pitch is down to PB.He has decided to bring in his type of player and it's not working.Its down to him to motivate and encourage which clearly he is failing to do.If he doesn't turn it around we then are faced with yet another managerial change and so the cycle of dome continues. Regrettably I cant see RM selling up and frankly who wants to buy us.

Was gonna include Murphy tbf so it’s 5 pluses and 11 negatives on Phil’s hands, trouble is the two striking positives end up negatives with the non existent supply line that they get!
What about rhys Murphy? 3 in 3 now ? Not bad for no service right? And he's quite quick.

Awful, simply awful.
new manager
new league
new squad
yet the same old ****. When will it change.
tonight for me was an all time low. Up against an opponent who hadn’t got a single point from 5 games yet we made them look like promotion favourites. They passed and moved their way around us with pace, something this squad lacks. They deserved the win and even after our bizarre opener there was onLynn one team looking to win that game tonight and it wasn’t us. No idea what the tactics were other than pointless long hoofs up field.
I don’t know what to say anymore as I’ve run out of words to describe how sad and upsetting this all is, 3 seasons of misery but tonight topped the lot. We are off to Torquay Saturday, why? Well it’s what we do. Another 5000+ crowd again turned up to be disappointed. No doubt we will probably have around 400-500 there Saturday as well, we deserve so much better. I don’t know when this misery will end, but calling for RM head is not the answer. He is going no where so we are stuck with him. As for Brown, I don’t know. Martin has backed him in the transfer market and that team tonight was made up of players he signed or offered new deals to, so who is to blame when the team doesn’t perform. For me it’s PB. But again tonight he is throwing players publicly under the bus, I’m really not sure what can be achieved by doing so other than causing issues in the changing room and that’s not a good road to go down especially when you need the players and fans behind you

I thought Murphy had a decent game. Looked lively and made some good runs. Dalby started well but drifted out of the game.

Coulson was running on sand. If he’s not injured then I’m struggling to see that we haven’t signed a dud.

Most puzzling was Atkinson lasting 90 minutes. It was like playing with 10 men. Contributed nothing despite his running. Even back in the day he was a defensive wide midfielder, so centre midfield alongside someone who can’t pass the salt?!? That was the worst centre midfield pairing I’ve ever seen us put out and it’s where we lost the game against a team who were total garbage

But im sure this owner who just wants a shiney new stadium knows without success on the pitch his stadium and development plans are dead in the water!! So I'm guessing he does know a bit about the football side of things and wasting money on an old crock with past injury problems was not in the best interests of the club!
Rest assured I have known Mr Martin long before he got involved with Southend United and he knew nothing about football then and knows very little about football now. As far as property development is concerned see if you can find one major development he has completed

No decent player would want to sign for Southend,
You cannot guarantee to get paid on time and are always unsure when the club may go into liquidation. Is there anybody on Shrimperzone that would go for a job with a company that is always late paying HMRC with the threat of liquidation, A company that often does not pay its bills, a company that keeps its staff waiting sometimes weeks late for their salary.

Back