• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Please post all ratings and reports here.

Words cannot explain how ****ed off I am and I didn't even go to the game.

Bentley easily the man of the match. Sounded like only Corr and Phillips had decent games too.

Brown's tactical changes and subs were wrong and poorly timed. Would like to see Williams start the next game as it sounded like he did more in his 5 minute cameo than Barnard did in 70 minutes.

What the hell were we doing sunning it up this week when we needed all the practice we could get on poor pitches in windy conditions. And Brown the tan must have known Gomez wasn't ready for the battle so why put that poor excuse for football on the pitch. What is wrong with playing Lairdy. Gomez above Laird you - must be joking. Brown really messed up this week.

Why does Brown constantly say players are training well, and then keep the side that was uninspiring vs Mansfield?

Beginning of the season Laid was our best player and now he can't get onto the pitch!
Make some changes for **** sake brown!

And yet again our strikers draw another blank

Why does Brown constantly say players are training well, and then keep the side that was uninspiring vs Mansfield?

Beginning of the season Laid was our best player and now he can't get onto the pitch!
Make some changes for **** sake brown!

And yet again our strikers draw another blank

Are you mrsblue in disguise? :winking:

Its not scoring that is the problem when you are conceding 3 at home.

Our problem is that our defence picks itself based on who is available. We have 4 fit defenders, how on earth did we not think about strengthening that in January. Brown said he tried to get Kiernan back, but that was never going to happen with Brentford pretty much having first option. Need to get in another defender at least.

Corr did well, won every header. Bentley exposed but did his best. We need Prosser back quick as he is our best CB by far.

Gomes looks a worse player than me. Williams looked strong and powerful when he came on. Would love to see him start some games and Laird needs to start

I must say, that central defensive partnership of Thompson and Phillips looked dreadful. It just shows what a bit of pace can do in boggy conditions up front as well, with Williams bursting through on goal as soon as he came on. Yes I know he didn't score, but at least we had a forward that looked like he might. It reminded me of Assombalonga when he would outstrip a defence with his pace.
Gomis did look like a fish out of water, but I've learnt over the years never to judge a player on one performance. He must be showing something otherwise he wouldn't be out there.

Our problem is that our defence picks itself based on who is available. We have 4 fit defenders, how on earth did we not think about strengthening that in January. Brown said he tried to get Kiernan back, but that was never going to happen with Brentford pretty much having first option. Need to get in another defender at least.

Indeed we are lacking a centre half and should have had one in place. We defend as a team though and if the oppostion are getting more chances its the team rather than the defence itself at fault.

Whilst we need a centre half we need to sort the team performance out, our midfield was our strongest asset but seems to have been sacrificed to try to improve the strike force.

Indeed we are lacking a centre half and should have had one in place. We defend as a team though and if the oppostion are getting more chances its the team rather than the defence itself at fault.

Whilst we need a centre half we need to sort the team performance out, our midfield was our strongest asset but seems to have been sacrificed to try to improve the strike force.

We need someone in the Dervite mould. Someone who is dominate in the air and can just calm the defence down when the pressure is coming, will be very difficult to get.

Go back to 4-3-3 and I'd be tempted to put Williams in the front 3 with his pace and strength. Leonard, Atkinson and Laird in the middle as well.

Poor start, equalised, then soaked up 10 minutes of severe pressure, then got our noses in front - From that point onwards, I thought we looked comfortable. That was more to do with a poor looking Exeter side rather than anything we did.

To be fair, their second goal was a Worldy and he won't hit one like that again for as long as he plays football.

Defending overall, however, is inadequate, which is completely uncharacteristic for us as we have built out success this season on being difficult to score against. Thompson and Phillips do not mix I;m afraid.

The biggest issue for me, however, is the signing of Lee Barnard. Not directly his fault we have lost the last two games, but Brown is trying to find a way of including him, and that has meant dismantling the very successful 4-3-3 formation which was the bedrock of our good run of form. He may not be the most popular player in our squad, but we are massively missing the natural balance offered by Straker, and the entire team look far less comfortable playing this system than they did previously.

I understand the temptation to change to incorporate Barney, but it is to the detriment of the team unfortunately. Brown does not seem to be able to get the team playing the right way with 4-4-2 and I really hope he switches back for Tuesday night. On top of that Barnard looks so far off the pace right now, he's not offering anything to the side.

The indirect consequence of the formation change is that we are nowhere near as solid - 5 goals conceded against two pony teams playing this way shows that. At least with his 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 the defence gets plenty of protection and also allows at east one of the three central midfielders to get forward in and around the box.

Inconsistent performance, caused by the wrong formation IMO, and a soft centre was our downfall in a game we really ought to have seen out from the position we were in.

What the hell were we doing sunning it up this week when we needed all the practice we could get on poor pitches in windy conditions. And Brown the tan must have known Gomez wasn't ready for the battle so why put that poor excuse for football on the pitch. What is wrong with playing Lairdy. Gomez above Laird you - must be joking. Brown really messed up this week.

Spot on, plus I would add how poor Thompson is. He is possibly the slowest 20 year old footballer I have ever seen

Poor start, equalised, then soaked up 10 minutes of severe pressure, then got our noses in front - From that point onwards, I thought we looked comfortable. That was more to do with a poor looking Exeter side rather than anything we did.

To be fair, their second goal was a Worldy and he won't hit one like that again for as long as he plays football.

Defending overall, however, is inadequate, which is completely uncharacteristic for us as we have built out success this season on being difficult to score against. Thompson and Phillips do not mix I;m afraid.

The biggest issue for me, however, is the signing of Lee Barnard. Not directly his fault we have lost the last two games, but Brown is trying to find a way of including him, and that has meant dismantling the very successful 4-3-3 formation which was the bedrock of our good run of form. He may not be the most popular player in our squad, but we are massively missing the natural balance offered by Straker, and the entire team look far less comfortable playing this system than they did previously.

I understand the temptation to change to incorporate Barney, but it is to the detriment of the team unfortunately. Brown does not seem to be able to get the team playing the right way with 4-4-2 and I really hope he switches back for Tuesday night. On top of that Barnard looks so far off the pace right now, he's not offering anything to the side.

The indirect consequence of the formation change is that we are nowhere near as solid - 5 goals conceded against two pony teams playing this way shows that. At least with his 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 the defence gets plenty of protection and also allows at east one of the three central midfielders to get forward in and around the box.

Inconsistent performance, caused by the wrong formation IMO, and a soft centre was our downfall in a game we really ought to have seen out from the position we were in.

Perfectly said.

For me losing the midfield that has been our strongest feature is doing us no good at all.

We have been a bit hit and miss before we changed to 442 but so far 442 has done nothing to improve anything.

Need luke back and a quick cb ,has I said we need pace at the back .and now pb mix it up a it guys look tired

Bottled it as usual in games where we need to win to get a run going again.

Subs were wrong, Gomis looked comical in all honesty but I won't judge him by that. Williams looked strong, fast and powerful. Would like to see him more. Laird was the obvious choice of sub, he must be ****ed off.

Hurst was ****, has been **** in the last 3-4 games. Please drop him.

Bentley done well but can't help but think he could have done more for the first and third goal, but did do well otherwise don't get me wrong.

BBBC won everything, gets subbed off and we concede 2.

Prosser get back ASAP.

****ED OFF !!

Barnard has been poor since returning but we are badly missing Prosser. Has been our leader at the back this season

Bottled it as usual in games where we need to win to get a run going again.

Subs were wrong, Gomis looked comical in all honesty but I won't judge him by that. Williams looked strong, fast and powerful. Would like to see him more. Laird was the obvious choice of sub, he must be ****ed off.

Hurst was ****, has been **** in the last 3-4 games. Please drop him.

Bentley done well but can't help but think he could have done more for the first and third goal, but did do well otherwise don't get me wrong.

BBBC won everything, gets subbed off and we concede 2.

Prosser get back ASAP.

****ED OFF !!

I think I heard that he may be carrying an injury and that perhaps was the reason for the substitution (on reflection Williams may have been a better and more positive replacement). I reckon Tuesday night may be a game too far for Corr..............that should present PB with an interesting dilemma.

Back