• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-3 Plymouth Argyle

PLYMOUTH Argyle’s Freddie Ladapo felt Roots Hall was the best possible place for him to end a six match goal drought.

More...

SOUTHEND United defender John White felt the Shrimpers were well below their best in Saturday’s 3-2 defeat to Plymouth Argyle at Roots Hall.

More...

THE Southend Horror on Sea film festival got underway on Saturday. And for most of the afternoon the main showing appeared to be involving Southend United at Roots Hall.

More...

SOUTHEND United striker Simon Cox has revealed how Charlie Kelman told him to shoot from long range just minutes before his outrageous debut goal.

More...

Yes, but judging them on two matches is a very small sample size.
Yes I agree, but you don't always get that many chances. I would love to see all our academy players succeed, but the reality is many will not. I am really not sure Elvis has the defensive qualities at League One level and Hutchinson looks a little too lightweight for me..but would love to be proven wrong.

Did you even read the stats I did for the PA game? I’m not sure they support many of your observations....so best ignore them altogether....

Have you considered at all the difference between not good enough and still learning?

Elvis has just turned 20 and not played 20 games....I’m sure his defensive work (bearing in mind defending is based around decision making which is developed with experience and coaching) will improve very quickly.....

Hutchinson is still 18 (!!!!) and nowhere near finished growing let alone adjusted to adults football yet! Of course he looks bloody lightweight!!! Much like David Brooks did at Sheffield Utd a year ago and he’s 21 now!!!!

Give them both time for gods sake. If they aren’t good enough that’s different but your reasons for writing them off are flawed. Very flawed.

I give up on this forum I really do. ?‍♂️?‍♂️??

Still learning..not sure we have the luxury, I was only making an observation IMO they are not good enough. Football is a game of opinions. but if I was a betting man, I would put a wager on them playing in the National League South in 2 years time!

Our current injury crisis is however giving players an opportunity that would never have got and it interesting to see more youth team players then ever before being given first team opportunities, but we can not look through rose tinted spectacles just because they are one of our own!

Ludicrous statement given the level they’re both at and the experience they both have, at the moment.

Both are already already above that level and barely out of footballing nappies!

Remember Hutchinson is being picked out of position ahead of two experienced pros for their best position....Unless you have some hidden experience in talent ID in elite sport I’ll go with CPs judgement over yours.

The fact you’ve written off an 18yr old based on 70 mins of football (where statistically he was our most productive player) simply for being lightweight whilst heralding the arrival of a 17 yr old based on 20 minutes of football simply based on a wonder / freak goal, tells me all I need to know....

Something tells me a goal from Hutchinson in a 3-0 win or a couple of games without one for anyone else and we’ll all witness a completely different post, such is the inconsistency in your logic.

Let’s speak again in time, everyones entitled to an opinion of course, but once again I’m shocked at the outrageous extremities that football fans opinions demonstrate from week to week with no logic or objectivity whilst ignoring what little evidence we have other than instantaneous reaction.

Back