• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-3 Plymouth Argyle

This has to be the longest wait I've ever encountered in my life! I just want to see Kelman's goal again!

Still have this remarkable home record that if an away team scores at RH they win the game.

No away team has scored and lost yet or even drawn, in the league.

They have also scored at least 2. We have also scored in all the defeats.

When PB was sacked we had lost only 3 at home but scored less goals than this season.

I know people don't like it but its never about how many you score. A good defence gets you promoted a bad one gets you relegated.

Dreadful performance. Cox and White, of the starting eleven earned their wages with effort. The rest were an embarrassment. And then Kelman's goal. Not just going to be the goal of the season but the highlight of the year.

I said on here a month ago I’d be happy just to avoid relegation this season and that’s still the case. CP might not be Poch but we’re L1 with a sizeable chunk of our top talent out for the season. He’s not a magician. I’m celebrating every point like a cup final win because trust me unless Ron unlocks the war chest soon we’re in a relegation fight regardless of our league position.

What's almost as good about that is he gets the ball back after scoring and is straight on to getting us moving again for the equaliser.

I'm tired of hearing the youngsters aren't ready boll*x.

FFS, get them in this side with the seniors who care and give it a bl**dy go!

Looks familiar eh !! Almost like Bish throwing the ball out on new years day. Waste of time putting the youngsters on Andy ..... They have no idea do they

They have also scored at least 2. We have also scored in all the defeats.

When PB was sacked we had lost only 3 at home but scored less goals than this season.

I know people don't like it but its never about how many you score. A good defence gets you promoted a bad one gets you relegated.

Spot on.

I think I'm also right in thinking that we have lost every game by a single goal difference.

Dreadful performance. Cox and White, of the starting eleven earned their wages with effort. The rest were an embarrassment

I’m not having that! I’m not getting into long debate on it tonight - I will watch the whole game again on ifollow and draw some conclusions from that rather than the hair trigger drivel some have written already....but it was without doubt Coxs worst performance of the season. With and without the ball. As for white, take away one outstanding tackle he was dragged from pillar to post by lapado, he got in Hendries way several times and Bishop can’t have seen his face all afternoon as he showed no interest whatsoever in receiving it off the GK. It’s ok saying we shouldn’t just boot it upfield but someone had to take responsibility to ask for the ball in the first place to at least try!!!

If we are going to gripe at players then let’s all at least be brave enough to gripe at the senior lads too...there are some easy targets out there aren’t there....??

Last edited:
Spot on.

I think I'm also right in thinking that we have lost every game by a single goal difference.

Yes I think its the case for league games but the 2 cups were 2-4. Obviously Barnsley should have been 3-3.

So that makes 5 games where we have scored 2 goals at home and still lost.

this is a tough league and we started with Bishop, Bwanono, Hutchinson and Yearwood.

I reckon Elvis is worth his place - ideally Dru would be playing as first change in midfield and Bishop would just be playing in cup games.

Selecting Hutchinson is a mistake - he lost everything he competed for - out muscled all game and when the ball did fall for him in their area he fluffed it. Not ready - poor decision to play him.

Yearwood has the talent cannot maintain the performance level or physical attrition of league one football in midfield.

The core of experienced players know they are carrying them ... I don't think they necessarily believe - that when they have to go out fight for points having 3 or 4 kids in the team fills them with confidence - hence the long balls

All their goals were the result if our screw ups ....

1st goal down to Hendrie
2nd goal down to Bishop
3rd - we gave them possesion .

Kelmans goal stopped the day getting too ugly -

I noticed Ladapo had dropped loads of weight - I still have doubts about the fitness and conditioning regime ,,, Bunn ?

A small interlude which made me, and those round me, laugh.....the Plymouth fans started chanting 'We're winning away, we're winning away' countered by our chaps chanting 'we lose every week, we lose every week'.

A small interlude which made me, and those round me, laugh.....the Plymouth fans started chanting 'We're winning away, we're winning away' countered by our chaps chanting 'we lose every week, we lose every week'.

And we are dirty northern bastards .... That was quite funny

this is a tough league and we started with Bishop, Bwanono, Hutchinson and Yearwood.

I reckon Elvis is worth his place - ideally Dru would be playing as first change in midfield and Bishop would just be playing in cup games.

Selecting Hutchinson is a mistake - he lost everything he competed for - out muscled all game and when the ball did fall for him in their area he fluffed it. Not ready - poor decision to play him.

Yearwood has the talent cannot maintain the performance level or physical attrition of league one football in midfield.

The core of experienced players know they are carrying them ... I don't think they necessarily believe - that when they have to go out fight for points having 3 or 4 kids in the team fills them with confidence - hence the long balls

Maybe you should lend someone your crystal ball next week pal......or use it yourself BEFORE a game....it’s a bit harder that way!!

These were your comments last time they all started at home to Gillingham!!!

SUFC started today with 3 teenagers - and Elvis (20) all products of our youth teams.

Yearwood
Elvis
Hutchinson
Bishop

blooming fabulous !

I would like to apologise to SCP for the idiots on here with their endless moaning and ridiculous criticism..

hes doing a good job

And we are dirty northern bastards .... That was quite funny
Until the last few minutes we certainly needed something to laugh about. I must be honest, I had a little smirk when the four guys to the left of me left after 75 minutes saying we would never score even if they stayed to the end. Way to go chaps.

Aside from Kelmans worldly and a couple of excellent blocks from John White that was a disgraceful performance. The last time a Southend team played as poor as that was under Tilson, when the players weren’t being paid. Is this happening again...?!
Thats was the rumour i heard in facebook shrimperzone,2 months since the players were paid .

I think we saw with Hutchinson the danger of putting I think children before they are ready. The youth may not be the answer
The youth is the answer if they are good enough. Unfortunately Elvis and Hutchinson are not and will drift into non league over the next couple of years IMO.

Bishop and Kelman on the other hand have both grabbed the opportunity they may never have got in years gone by......

Dru looks a shadow of the player he was second half of last season..a little overhyped for me. Good but no world beater and needs a consistent run injury free.

For me the weaknesses are Turner (over the Hill) Hendrie (Scottish League 2 standard), Elvis and Hutchinson (out of their depth) Bunn (average League 2 running into dead ends). Combined with poor formation, tactics and uninspired management. Too many players either at the start or end of their careers or here on loan.

Things need to change fast and we need Moore and Demi back ASAP and at least 2 signings this window if we have the money!!

Until the last few minutes we certainly needed something to laugh about. I must be honest, I had a little smirk when the four guys to the left of me left after 75 minutes saying we would never score even if they stayed to the end. Way to go chaps.

Yeah quite a few vacated the east stand. Only ever left a game early once and that was a family emergency. Loyalty it is, but painful :Smile2:

Back