• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend United 2-4 Barnsley

Never offside. Big big question marks against Oxley today, I seem to be saying this every week now.

He’s a liability that lanky big jock, you would have thought at that size he would have a bit about him? People scoring from 4 yards out and he doesn’t leave his line ?

Oxley is fast becoming a massive problem... lost count the number of goals he has been indirectly responsible for with his inability to move his feet and command his area. Game after game after game.

I notice their keeper left his line and failed to get to the ball when Dieng scored.

That said, Oxley is starting to look like the keeper who had the difficult start a couple of years back, culminating in the howler at Northampton, that time.

Hopefully, he can regain some confidence, if that's the issue. He was, after all, POTY last season.

Agree with all above. No way was that off side, Oxley raising a few eyebrows and Bishop always looks more confident in goal at the moment when he plays. As recently quoted elsewhere, Nathan trains like an animal, 3 to 4 sessions a day and then goes down the gym. If he is working that hard give him the break he deserves.

For the disallowed goal, looks like their goalkeeper is claiming a handball on McCoulsky instead of offside.

Yep. Exactly how I saw it.

Looks like he does as well

Trouble is the ref said it was disallowed for offside which the lino flagged for

The ref had his hand up to indicate an indirect free kick so it was definitely given for off-side. Everyone was confused as to why it had been disallowed. It was clear even from the half way line that Turner was on side and it didn't hit anyone on the way in.

CP even shouted at his players to get over to the linesman. One things for certain that flag wouldn't have ben raised in the Stadium of light or Fratton park. Or can you imagine the officials having that little chat in front of the Dockers stand.

It was a controversial decision that has bemused and incensed in equal measure. However much we dissect the decision, and mull over the autopsy of the game, we are out of the cup. Some verdicts go for us and some against but I do feel referees are generally poor at this level but not any poorer to us than they are all other teams. C'est la vie.

I mean giving offside is a laughable decision but it did look like McGoalshy handballed it as the ball came off the GK from where I sit. So maybe right decision for the wrong call. What followed from that though was an absolute embarrassment.

Back