• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United 2 Harlow Town 0

Blues4LifeDan

Manager
So we beat these 2-0 today. Dennis from the spot after a good run into the box from Bridge. Murphy with a good goal by all accounts.

Again, all about fitness. Was interested to read Brown say that Bridge wouldn't have been able to play on the astro if Maidstone had gone ahead. Nursing an injury it seems.

Southend United: Idem, Howard (Chandler 80), Davis, Mitchell-Nelson (Hobson 65), Clifford (Sayers 65), Egbri (Walsh 75), Stewart (Moore 68), Ferguson, Bridge (Brown 80), Dennis (El-Mhanni 70), Kargbo (Murphy 68).

Worried that Arnold hasn't featured yet, especially when he's injury prone.

We need another keeper.

Anyone know how Idem got on today?

Good win against a similar side to wakering, clean sheet and more minutes in the tank for players:Thumbs up:

We must be in a poor state if our friendlies are against teams three leagues below us. Harlow were in last position when their league was stopped last season. The Southend United team confidence must be as thin as ice if we are playing teams that are not even full time.
As for getting fit? playing teams so far down the pyramid will not get you fit. Fitness wise it is a stroll in the park. Lets see how we cope at Ebbsfleet hopefully that will give us all an idea of where the team are really at.

We must be in a poor state if our friendlies are against teams three leagues below us. Harlow were in last position when their league was stopped last season. The Southend United team confidence must be as thin as ice if we are playing teams that are not even full time.
As for getting fit? playing teams so far down the pyramid will not get you fit. Fitness wise it is a stroll in the park. Lets see how we cope at Ebbsfleet hopefully that will give us all an idea of where the team are really at.
I take it that you've already decided it's going to be an unsuccessful season this year? If Mr Brown has mapped out our pre-season and he is happy with it, then that will do for me and I'll judge progress from Kings Lynn onwards.

Good post. But if you believe these are the 'real' friendlies you not on the ball so to speak. A few of us who are ITK have attended the 'shadow' friendlies where PB's elite have drawn 1-1 with Bayern Munich and beaten Boca Juniors on penalties. You have to go on the "dark web" to learn about these fixtures. Often they are played at off grid locations such as Trenders in Rawreth or Pooles Lane in Hullbridge. Anyway, as a consequence I am quite confident about our prospects in the Gola League next season.

You are clearly a supporter else you wouldn’t be on here- but all this endless whining and negativity- if we didn’t know we would be certain you weren’t :-)

Looks like Ferguson played for 90 minutes - guess work on my part but I would hope that this signals an improving position with regard to this player.

Jesus christ only averaging a goal per FORTY-FIVE minutes against that lot? We're going to get eaten alive, sign some players before it's too late.

According to brown the goalkeeper on trial had decent game, admittedly against inferior opposition. I would personally sign him up..... The guy huge, can see him being upgrade from seaden if I'm honest.

Jesus christ only averaging a goal per FORTY-FIVE minutes against that lot? We're going to get eaten alive, sign some players before it's too late.
Take a break Barry mate, cannibalism is illegal in this country . A win is a win and another step towards the start of the season.

Back