• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United 2 Harlow Town 0

If you're referring to me, then I assure you I am just commenting my opinion like you. Don't insist on censorship purely because it differs to yours.

I've not read one positive post from you. Add that to the fact you post the same negative stuff on every thread, people have had enough of you already and you haven't been here long

Hopefully you don't sit anywhere near me at home games or I'll be contemplating suicide. Constantly reading it is bad enough, constantly hearing it at matches is a step too far

I've not read one positive post from you. Add that to the fact you post the same negative stuff on every thread, people have had enough of you already and you haven't been here long

Hopefully you don't sit anywhere near me at home games or I'll be contemplating suicide. Constantly reading it is bad enough, constantly hearing it at matches is a step too far
Okay, some positives just for you:

- Reece Murphy has very good pedigree at this level, and he's consistently scored goals wherever he's been. Having someone who can readily get between 15 and 20 a season is a massive hurdle already overcome.
- White is a great captain and leader.
- Bridge is a very good signing exactly of the mould we want at this club, young and hungry.
- We have exceptional support, and will be out in good numbers next season despite a lot of suffering over the past three years. Hopefully this will give the players a boost.

Behind all my supposed negativity is a desire for my club, our club, to do well and I'm sorry this hasn't come across perfectly.

Okay, some positives just for you:

- Reece Murphy has very good pedigree at this level, and he's consistently scored goals wherever he's been. Having someone who can readily get between 15 and 20 a season is a massive hurdle already overcome.
- White is a great captain and leader.
- Bridge is a very good signing exactly of the mould we want at this club, young and hungry.
- We have exceptional support, and will be out in good numbers next season despite a lot of suffering over the past three years. Hopefully this will give the players a boost.

Behind all my supposed negativity is a desire for my club, our club, to do well and I'm sorry this hasn't come across perfectly.

It's good to read something more positive from you BB. I would add that Terrell Egbri will shine in this league (if he can avoid being clogged too often). A fit again and healthy Akinola will be useful also.

However, this is a tough league and we will do very well to reach the play-offs.

Pre-season friendlies are warm up matches but although there's no problem about losing neither is there much joy about winning UNLESS the loss is heavy or the win is emphatic. Being hammered by West Ham didn't help, it has to be said. Our first opponents in the National League have thrashed Gorleston (only one level below GWR) 7-0 and only conceded three against both MK Dons and Norwich so far. Hopefully that means nothing for our clash on 21st August.

Ideally you want to win pre season games but that's not the objective.Players getting fit,management working out systems who to play where and who with.PB also trying to bed in new players as well.The time to worry if PB cant do the obvious

We beat Charlton last season and got pumped by Harrogate first game.

The other season, we beat Millwall and everyone was bigging up Shaughnessy and Theo for getting a couple of goals.

You can never read too much into preseason games. The best thing is to get fit and not pick up too many injuries.
We were 2-0 down at ht…

Back