• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United 2 Harlow Town 0

You are clearly a supporter else you wouldn’t be on here- but all this endless whining and negativity- if we didn’t know we would be certain you weren’t :-)
Watched my first game in February 25th 1967 Southend 4 Bradford Park Avenue 0 Division 4 Attendance 7,749 I stood on the North Bank for those that know as a child if you stood at the bottom of the terrace by the wall you could not see the pitch. I have a record of all the Southend matches I have seen since that date. Having seen the promotions the relegations and more promotions, I am only expressing an honest opinion. This Chairman who I personally know very well is in my humble opinion clueless when it comes to football too arrogant to take advice and sliding our club into non league oblivion. The current squad is worse than the previous two that got relegated. The end of season position will prove me right or wrong.
But through it all I will still be at Ebbsfleet, Dartford and our first league game at Kings Lynn
because it is my team. I predicted Mark Molesley and his motley crew did not have a clue and look what happened. So mid season I will still be following the Blues to Weymouth, Chesterfield, Yeovil and other far flung places. But face facts Southend are in for a very tough season.

Watched my first game in February 25th 1967 Southend 4 Bradford Park Avenue 0 Division 4 Attendance 7,749 I stood on the North Bank for those that know as a child if you stood at the bottom of the terrace by the wall you could not see the pitch. I have a record of all the Southend matches I have seen since that date. Having seen the promotions the relegations and more promotions, I am only expressing an honest opinion. This Chairman who I personally know very well is in my humble opinion clueless when it comes to football too arrogant to take advice and sliding our club into non league oblivion. The current squad is worse than the previous two that got relegated. The end of season position will prove me right or wrong.
But through it all I will still be at Ebbsfleet, Dartford and our first league game at Kings Lynn
because it is my team. I predicted Mark Molesley and his motley crew did not have a clue and look what happened. So mid season I will still be following the Blues to Weymouth, Chesterfield, Yeovil and other far flung places. But face facts Southend are in for a very tough season.
May well be, maybe we will have a nice surprise. And my first game wasn’t until 1972 so I can’t compete on the oldest supporter competition either.. but we need to get our positive heads on. All this whinging and whining is extremely boring and repetitive, and in some cases predictable ..

May well be, maybe we will have a nice surprise. And my first game wasn’t until 1972 so I can’t compete on the oldest supporter competition either.. but we need to get our positive heads on. All this whinging and whining is extremely boring and repetitive, and in some cases predictable ..
Nice surprises are for mothers day, fairy tales and disney films this is real life.

We must be in a poor state if our friendlies are against teams three leagues below us. Harlow were in last position when their league was stopped last season. The Southend United team confidence must be as thin as ice if we are playing teams that are not even full time.
As for getting fit? playing teams so far down the pyramid will not get you fit. Fitness wise it is a stroll in the park. Lets see how we cope at Ebbsfleet hopefully that will give us all an idea of where the team are really at.
I am not a fan of PB and believe him him definitely NOT to be the man for the job but I am happy to defend him on this occasion.
Originally a friendly was arranged against Maidstone on Saturday which was cancelled at short notice. A competitive friendly on this date was obviously seen as a vital part of our pre season build up so we would have been desperately looking for a replacement team to play.
Beggars cannot be choosers still less at short notice so the very fact they were able to find alternative opposition is to the management's credit.
A game against Harlow was much better than no game.

We must be in a poor state if our friendlies are against teams three leagues below us. Harlow were in last position when their league was stopped last season. The Southend United team confidence must be as thin as ice if we are playing teams that are not even full time.
As for getting fit? playing teams so far down the pyramid will not get you fit. Fitness wise it is a stroll in the park. Lets see how we cope at Ebbsfleet hopefully that will give us all an idea of where the team are really at.
Harlow was asked if they wanted a game only because the match against maidstone had to call the arraged match because most of there team had contracted covid .So hardly a fair comment

For once I see a logical and sensible quote.

Come on mods. These 2 clowns are clearly not supporters and are trolls having a field day. Whilst most sane people have them on ignore they really should be banned. These sort of people can destroy a decent fans site.
If you're referring to me, then I assure you I am just commenting my opinion like you. Don't insist on censorship purely because it differs to yours.

Come on mods. These 2 clowns are clearly not supporters and are trolls having a field day. Whilst most sane people have them on ignore they really should be banned. These sort of people can destroy a decent fans site.
Or enhance the site if you don't feed the trolls and laugh instead at their idiotic comments?

Back