• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

im watching the whole match again on sky never deleting this off the box!!!!! :happy:

Sturrocks face when Reeves scores is classic! Looks more shocked then anything..

Yeah decent highlights there. initial disbelief all round really when Ben scores (including us in the crowd!)

Yeah I had a delayed reaction moment when the ball hit the net, couldn't actually believe it had happened!

Given our luck in the league lately at home I thought the ref was not going to give it as he appeared to run over to the linesman but I think he was doing that to ask the players celebrating to get on with it!!

Honestly, when we scored the second, I didn't celebrate.

Reason? Well, Southend being Southend, I thought the flag would go up for offside, or it had hit the side netting, or just something to disallow the goal. I turned to mate mate, whilst people were celebrating, and still asked "have we scored?".

God I must have looked like a right idiot now I think about it. :dim:

Maybe it was shock, or fatigue, but I thought Ben's celebration was oddly understated. Scoring a winner in the last minute has to be a big high anyways, but to score the goal to take your side to Wembley? He just kinda stood there?!

:dim:

Reason? Well, Southend being Southend, I thought the flag would go up for offside, or it had hit the side netting, or just something to disallow the goal. I turned to mate mate, whilst people were celebrating, and still asked "have we scored?".

Jesus, I did exactly the same as you've described here...and in the same order. Something had to be wrong didn't it? Last minute winners against Orient to get to Wembley just don't happen do they....!!

Just from the players reactions and how the ball nestled, I thought it had gone wide and bounced back against the back of the net.

Mind you when Wayne Gray scored against Bristol City in 2006 I thought that had gone wide too. Maybe I should go to Specsavers.

so so moist. Corr's finish just gets better and better, that ball was really high up

Watching streaming on 'Sport Lemon' and it froze 30 seconds or so before the goal..........general disbelief when the sound and then image started up again. Luckily they replayed the build up, cross and goal a number of times, so I eventually understood that it was true.

Back