• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2, Plymouth Argyle 0

That's wrong in my opinion. The fine for Port Vale I can understand as it was after the final whistle and Mohsni was winding up their fans but all the players did on Saturday was respond to an opponent grabbing our player by the throat. That sort of thing happens all the time. It's called sticking up for your teammates. Only a few of the players got involved to start with. It was nothing really, handbags.

That's wrong in my opinion. The fine for Port Vale I can understand as it was after the final whistle and Mohsni was winding up their fans but all the players did on Saturday was respond to an opponent grabbing our player by the throat. That sort of thing happens all the time. It's called sticking up for your teammates. Only a few of the players got involved to start with. It was nothing really, handbags.

Agree, the fine is for "failing to control their players", what did they expect, Paul Sturrock to run on and stop it all?

Just got back home to Malta. Well, I attended the game... a rare visit... and was quite apprehensive about what to expect given our rather erratic start to the season and propensity to leak goals.

My feelings were not, it was to prove, misplaced.

The first half was bloody diabolical and, at half time, my 5 year old son was asking me if we can go home on his first ever visit to Roots Hall. I couldn't blame him. In fact, I empathised with him and only years of experience and suffering following The Shrimpers made me resolute enough to stick with it.

The 1st half was abysmal to say the least.

I turned to my brother, who I dragged to the game for a rare visit these days, and I tried to console him by proclaiming "It can only get better in the 2nd half". My heart really did think so, but my head was saying "No, actually, it could get worse and we could lose this game!"

Thankfully, my heart was the winner on this occasion... but only just. The midfield still lacked a certain spark and the forward line seems to be on different wavelengths. Had that sending off and penalty never occurred, I wonder if we would have woken up at all.

Good job we were playing a poor, down on their luck Plymouth who have had their morale plundered by defeats and financial woes... because if we were playing a better side, the game would have been out of reach by half time I reckon.

Back