• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What on earth was Cox doing slipping in that inch perfect pass to Atkinson, it has been well documented that he is useless overweight and doesn't shoot enough!
The ball in by Fortune was perfect also, the defender was all too aware that Ranger was lurking behind him.
Great result, onwards to Tuesday :thumbsup:

Don't subscribe to sky. Don't like what they have done to the game in England.
And yes Suffolk it was short and sweet. But they don't half get their highlights out PDQ.

With two good finishes like that you kinda wonder why Atkinson doesn't score more often, normally when he gets anywhere near the penalty area he looks like he has no idea what to do next.

The mannequin was great and Demetriou sliding head first into the goal after out third! :smile::cool:

Southend vs Bradford

Hmmm, the orignal thread wasn't showing for me!

Great goals from WA :happy:

I'm not saying the Sky highlights are usually great, but this must have been the worst coverage in ages.

There was a lot more to the match than that was shown, from both sides, from both teams near misses to Oxley's goal line clearances, heavy tackles etc..

As Suffolk Shrimper said "short but sweet".. Perhaps it's a blessing and the Swindon & "Warsaw" coaches have nothing to go on in the next week!.. and no, that wasn't a typo just a Soccer AM thing, (a lot like the infamous Soccer Saturday Jeff Stelling drinking game)

BTW.. Never again!! :nope:

A longer clip of yesterday, better quality too. Shows just why Fortune is needed at the club.

[video=youtube;-LSnD_btD20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LSnD_btD20[/video]

Shows how well Fortune played when he came on. I had forgotten about his great run that lead to Atkinson's 3rd chance.

Cheers for the extended highlights.

Cox did really well to close down the pass for the first goal, highlighting how we pressed from the front and knocked them off their game.

Great example of Ranger's presence in the move that lead to Will's hat-trick chance. Long clearance and Fortune is already on the move, knowing Ranger was going to win the flick on. Once in the box, Ranger jumps to put the keeper off coming to claim it, resulting in it dropping to Will for the shot.

I'll probably get shot down for this but Cox definitely had a 'hand' in Atkinson's first goal.

.. Absolutely. In fact, using more than one body part counts as two assists! :thumbsup:

A longer clip of yesterday, better quality too. Shows just why Fortune is needed at the club.

Don't move too bad for a old boy does he. I don't think Brown is even considering getting rid of him come January, the only sticking point I can see is that Fortune will be after a decent contract rather than just to the end of season which might throw a spanner in the works.
Lets hope he's realistic with us and we sign him on for a year as I can't see Martin agreeing to longer.

McCall said it was a "blatant handball" for the first goal. I disagree personally, it strikes Cox's hand but he could hardly do anything about it, would have been very harsh to penalise him for that.

Don't move too bad for a old boy does he. I don't think Brown is even considering getting rid of him come January, the only sticking point I can see is that Fortune will be after a decent contract rather than just to the end of season which might throw a spanner in the works.
Lets hope he's realistic with us and we sign him on for a year as I can't see Martin agreeing to longer.

I take full credit for the third goal, having seconds earlier remarked that Fortune is not great on the ball and a bit of a donkey. You're welcome.

Back