• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I must of been watching a different game to you as in the first half, not for the first time this season, he doesn't seem to understand his team mates wear blue!!!

3 quality cross field passes that found his team mates (they went directly to feet). I agree at times his passing is woeful, but today he was much improved. Did double the work Spicer seemed to as well.

Shows how opinions differ, thought Martin was pretty poor and Straker did next to nothing when he came on.
Straker got the ball down and passed it well when he came on, played a fantastic ball though to Tomlin who should have scored.

Strange game in that for a lot of it we were second best, but by the end I was disappointed we only scored 3 as frankly we couldve hit 6 or 7 (as we couldve last week too).
Thought Dagenham were a credit, with 10 men they kept having a go and have some decent footballers. Sadly for them they put together a shocking string of poor finishes.
We looked very sluggish at the back at times. Phillips looks a way off his best and we gave away too many needless fouls. I also think that Luggy must be begging Ron for a couple of midfielders as Spicer didnt put much of a shift in today and we got overrun at times. A better team mightve punished us more. Liked the fact that we had balance on the wings but Martin had a poor game, didnt look confident or willing to take his man off and didnt produce one decent cross. Hurst on the other flank was much more impresive, very skillful and put in some good crosses, worked his nuts off too. An astute signing.
Cresswell was a rock at the back, uncanny how much he looks and plays like Barrett. Strong in the air but also decent on the floor and a real threat in the opposition pentalty area. Can see him becoming a real favourite and must now be aiming for 10-15 goals.
Smith I didnt see the goal very well but looked like it caught him cold. Other than that he did ok. Perhaps needs to communicate more with his back 4.
Up top the 2 lads worked so hard and Britt once again looks the real deal. Tomlin wouldve loved to score and should have had 2 at least. Against teams where the games are tighter he will have to start taking those but as Luggy said in his interview post match, if he was more prolific he wouldnt be playing in this league. I thought his movement and pace caused them lots of problems and creates other chances for others.

Overall a pleasing week, 3 wins and plenty of goals. I was one who was worried where the creativity and goals would come from without Hall, Kane and Mohsni but we have not looked lacking in those departments. Britt must be signed up for a longer loan and we need a bit more steel in the centre, Timlin and Spicer should be kept on their toes and today we really needed to change one of them second half.

Great atmosphere in the North bank and good banter with the Daggers fans. Oh and Rotherham lost 6-2 so lets rejoice in Steve Evans' misery tonight.

We were rubbish, the ref was rubbish, they were rubbish and my half time burger was rubbish.

Happy with 3 points, harsh on them for the red card and for our 3rd there were 3 in an offside position (one of them Cresswell) and then a handball from Barker (I think) before the ball went in.

Today we got the big decisions.

Before we scored everyone was woeful and the midfield passing went out of play or to a Daggers shirt more often than not. After the goal and in particular the second we grew in confidence but the got a bit sloppy. Assombalonga got caught in possession for about the 4th time before their goal and Martin was a tad unlucky with the 50-50 challenge he lost. Poor keeping as well.

We probably just about shaded it but they had 10 men for 83 minutes and in that heat they should have wilted and we should have murdered them. If it had stayed 11 v 11 we would have done well to avoid defeat I think.

A good win but the next three games will be tough with the squad we have.

Strange game in that for a lot of it we were second best, but by the end I was disappointed we only scored 3 as frankly we couldve hit 6 or 7 (as we couldve last week too).
Thought Dagenham were a credit, with 10 men they kept having a go and have some decent footballers. Sadly for them they put together a shocking string of poor finishes.
We looked very sluggish at the back at times. Phillips looks a way off his best and we gave away too many needless fouls. I also think that Luggy must be begging Ron for a couple of midfielders as Spicer didnt put much of a shift in today and we got overrun at times. A better team mightve punished us more. Liked the fact that we had balance on the wings but Martin had a poor game, didnt look confident or willing to take his man off and didnt produce one decent cross. Hurst on the other flank was much more impresive, very skillful and put in some good crosses, worked his nuts off too. An astute signing.
Cresswell was a rock at the back, uncanny how much he looks and plays like Barrett. Strong in the air but also decent on the floor and a real threat in the opposition pentalty area. Can see him becoming a real favourite and must now be aiming for 10-15 goals.
Smith I didnt see the goal very well but looked like it caught him cold. Other than that he did ok. Perhaps needs to communicate more with his back 4.
Up top the 2 lads worked so hard and Britt once again looks the real deal. Tomlin wouldve loved to score and should have had 2 at least. Against teams where the games are tighter he will have to start taking those but as Luggy said in his interview post match, if he was more prolific he wouldnt be playing in this league. I thought his movement and pace caused them lots of problems and creates other chances for others.

Overall a pleasing week, 3 wins and plenty of goals. I was one who was worried where the creativity and goals would come from without Hall, Kane and Mohsni but we have not looked lacking in those departments. Britt must be signed up for a longer loan and we need a bit more steel in the centre, Timlin and Spicer should be kept on their toes and today we really needed to change one of them second half.

Great atmosphere in the North bank and good banter with the Daggers fans. Oh and Rotherham lost 6-2 so lets rejoice in Steve Evans' misery tonight.

Tomlin's movement is fantastic, he closes people down and chases everything. He put the keeper under pressure today and made the keeper make 2 mistakes. His pace is scary and he brings others into play. I'd love him to score a few from open play but if his movement and speed creates goals for others that'll do for me. He and Britt also seem to have a good understanding already which we will reap the benefits from

It didn't catch Smith cold. He had a clear view the whole time and no keeper should ever let a shot like that in at the near post.

Ok ta, I was down the other end so couldnt see clearly. Best to make a howler in a victory I guess!

the way we goin on tonight you would think we had lost 3 1 great win now move on

the way we goin on tonight you would think we had lost 3 1 great win now move on
thats just it, i cant understand why everyone is so keen to slag off our own players, we won 3-1 and played ok and i thought all our players were worth at least a 6\10 at least, up the football league we go.

Didn't go. But just so I'm clear, we won 3-1 and we're having ago at Dave Martin, yes?

Its still ok to highlight weaknesses in the side when we win.

Just ignoring anything negative after a win is just as bad as ignoring all positives in a defeat.

It was a good result today but we played 10 men and its worth discussing whether the team today and the system played will work in the future.

Poor standard, poor game. Cresswell, Assombalonga and Tomlin were the players that stood out for me. Timlin didn't play badly but I barely noticed Spicer! Clohessy was slightly below his usual standards. I do like the Assombalonga-Tomlin partnership and felt a bit sorry for Tomlin - he kept getting in the right positions but couldn't find the back of the net. Think there's goals in him, but I would love to see him out wide with Freddy and Assombalonga up top. I don't think our two wingers did enough today, particularly Martin and I think Tomlin would have more of an influence.

Today really showed how much we miss Grant. No-one really got to grips with the game and bossed the midfield like he did. Think we need a Kalala-esque player and someone like Donnely as well.

Smith 5 - Decent, but should have saved the goal
Clohessy 7 - Always a 7
Barker 6 - Looked pretty comfortable at left back
Phillips 5 - Not the best from Mark today - was turned too many times or let his man go once too often
Cresswell 8 - Immense at the back, and another goal. Couple of silly fouls given away
Timlin 5 - Gave the ball away far too often in dangerous positions. A few good tackles, but a better team would have punished those mistakes
Spicer 5 - Not really involved enough today, although when he does get the ball in the final third looks creative. Good work for the second goal
Hurst 6 - Some fantastic crossing, and good set piece delivery.
Martin 5 - Looks neat and tidy on the ball, but doesn't like the rough side of the game
Britt 8 - Fantastic finish for the first and in the right place for the second. Worked hard and constant thorn in the side of Daggers
Tomlin 7 - Non stop running, creative, skillful. Type of player that his teammates would love to play with. Should have scored twice though

Subs
Straker 7 - thought he did really well when he came on - the pass to put Tomlin through was perfect.
Harris / Benyon - not long enough to comment

Officials - did OK. I was down the wrong end for the 'offside' 3rd, so can't comment there. The sending off was right for me though - the guy clipped Tomlin accidently, but he was through on goal and the law says red.

Overall - not a great performance, but 3 points is the important thing. I think our back four are starting to shape up ok now (Cresswell is looking like a massive player for us). Forwards are looking great although it does depend on Britt signing for longer. But the midfield seems to be the poorest it's been for several years - new bodies desparately needed

I thought we played well in patches. It's a cliche, but it's always hard against ten men. Defence looked more shaky than normal today and Phillips in particular was under par by his standards. Thought smith did well, obviously goal was his mistake but other than that , he came off his line well, caught well and dominated the six yard box. Midfield worked hard, thought despite what others have said Timlin ran his socks off, hurst was tidy and put some decent crosses in, spicer based on recent performances was off the pace and Martin also worked very hard. Don't get all the criticism,Martin didn't look 100% and with more resources probably wouldn't have started, but I really think with a run of games can come good. Upfront I really like the partnership, Tomlin does everything asked of him apart from hit the net. Britt had another good game, brilliant header and a poachers goal, although second half was a bit selfish. All in all a hard game and not the best performance but another three points. The next two games will really show us where we are. Must get a couple of bodies in.

3 quality cross field passes that found his team mates (they went directly to feet). I agree at times his passing is woeful, but today he was much improved. Did double the work Spicer seemed to as well.

I'm not arguing about that, they were pretty good cross field passes, but in the first half most of his passes went to them and the one he hit back straight to their forward was shocking.

3 great passes and 15 shocking ones does not warrant a marking of 8 :facepalm:

Anyway I like Timlin, just think his passing so far this season has been woeful, hopefully it's just a lack of match practice with having no pre-season

Red card changed the game, but from my view in the North, he stuck his foot out and was the last man with their keeper woefully out of position.
Smith at fault for their goal, just saw it again on Sky, awful error but his only one.
We are sooooo light in midfield our defence was not picking up their runners from their midfield which should have been tracked, this IMO led to the most shaky defensive performance for a while.
3 Pts from a none too convincing performance is something we should be celebrating, Tomlin and Assamabolngalonga scared their defence Shi*less with their running and pace and were the standout performers, with Creswell running them close.
Last word for the North Bank, AWSOME!!

3-1 flattered us i feel, it was a clear red as Tomlin was clean through but his shooting is little better than abysmal so a daft rush of blood by the defender to drag him down

Martin got robbed just outside the 18 yard box and made NO ATTEMPT WHATSOEVER to try to fight back, thats where the lazy tags are coming from i'm sure, Smith should be hugely embarrassed to have let the cross in though ... it was a cross, not a shot and wasn't exactly travelling at pace

Assombalonga is a real handful and us keeping him for the season is VITAL if we are to challenge as Tomlin is about as effective as Sturrock Junior in front of goal

Back