• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 3-1 Grimsby Town

We needed experience and we’ve got experience and MM can now go shopping for more. We’ve gone from being woefully short to having options from the bench that change games. Bloody brilliant. Molesley’s subs were spot on. I honestly had a feeling we’d win tonight...what a shame fans can’t attend the Hall now. Col U game would’ve been rocking. We’re now in touch and we are BACK!!!!

What a difference a week makes. Embargo lifted, three debutants all making an instant impact and most importantly, six points from two games. We might still be bottom but we've closed the gap to those above us and are within touching distance now.

Grimsby had the better of the game in the first half but full credit to MM who made changes at half time and they've paid off big time. Akinola is a different prospect to anything else we have up top. How nice is to be able to say that the strength of our squad won us that game.

Delighted with the 3 points but it's clear our survival rests on players like Hart, Akinola and Macca staying fit and playing. Would like to see 2 more experienced players come in the January window but so proud of the team tonight

MM taking Acquah and Sterling off at half time shows why he's highly rated, he saw the problem and he changed it when a lot of managers would have hesitated and given it 15 minutes in the second half. He's had one hand tied behind his back with the embargo (last week he wouldn't have been able to make either of those changes at HT) but now that he's got a bench that isn't made up of kids we look so much more confident. Yes Grimsby were crap but we only need to be better than 2 sides in this league to stay up and that's good enough for me this season. We need reinforcements in January but this is the first time I can say that I think we'll survive this season.

Good 2nd half, defence played well, we now have options on the bench, & we also saw some presence upfront.

Key to this season is keeping olayinka in January. Didn’t set the world alight tonight but is a cut above. Any criticism of acquah is valid tonight, but he is still learning his trade. I still think there is a player in Sterling, just hope he can find his form.
UTB

I was never one of those calling for MM’s head, and equally I will not be lauding him as our saviour just yet.

But I’m so pleased for him. Considering what he has had to contend with he has conducted himself with absolute integrity, and is an example to more experienced managers who should know better.

Back