• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting that we have now played 6 of the top 8 teams so far this season...hopefully some happier people tonight but my breath is baited..

Great performance and team spirit, people stay the players don't want to play for Brown etc that wasn't showing today. Only nervous part of game was when they scored getting through to half time

Match report: Southend United 3, Millwall 1

SOUTHEND United surged back to winning ways with an impressive 3-1 triumph against Millwall at Roots Hall this afternoon.

More...

Are some fans going to let go of the myth that unless you play at least 2 strikers you won't score goals, now? I reckon brown has been paying lip service to the negativity of the fans when he's attempted to play 1 striker in the past, but the necessity to play 2 at all times leads to lopsided formations and unbalanced sides elsewhere on the pitch.

Today, we played like a team that cared. Look at the difference that makes.

Everyone played well. Stand out players - McGlashan and McLoughlin.

UTB

Not at the game but, yes this is me, kudos to PB for one of the best post match interviews I have heard from him. Praised the whole team. Let's hope he and the team can keep it up. UTB

Listened to the game on the radio and it sounded like we put a real shift in today. The atmosphere sounded a lot better and it was great to hear Mooney get applauded when he was subbed - hopefully that will give him the bit of confidence he needed. I hope it showed the players that as long as they are putting 100% in, the fans will back them all the way and we will win more games than we will lose.

Best performance I've seen of us in a long time, pressing and chasing everything and we looked (mostly) solid throughout and even posed an attacking threat at times. Not convinced by the formation but today it worked a treat and I think Mooney had his best game in a Southend shirt. Millwall were disappointing, fortunate not to have been down to 10 men though I think that may have actually made life harder for us. We did seem to tired after 60/70 minutes and then invited pressure onto us but defended well. Great performance and some massive improvements.

Oxley 7.5 Couple of great stops early on, looked like a League 1 keeper for the first time
Demetriou 7 Ventured forward well but still did his defensive duties
White 7 Solid at the back and covered for Demetriou well
Barrett 8 Gave his all and threw his body in the way of everything
Thompson 6.5 Couple of slips and lapses of concentration but did well
Coker 7 Not at his best still but improved as the game went on
McGlashan 8 Superb pressing and pace we've really missed, tired from about the hour mark onwards
Leonard 8 Back to his old self, won every battle and chased everything
Atkinson 7.5 One of his best performances in a long time, got forward with the ball and also solid in front of the back four
McLaughlin 8 Slow start but his goal sparked him into life and his movement up tip was superb
Mooney 8.5 MOTM Best he's ever played in a Southend shirt, battled their centre halves and pressed everything, scored too!

Subs
O'Neill 7.5 Can't ask much more than to score, put himself in the right positions
Kyprianou 7 Held the ball up well
Cox - No time

Still think Brown should go, but today's performance suggests he hasn't lost the dressing room like some came. Some great performances and there seemed to be a desire and fight back in some of the players which has been missing. Fair play to Phil and hopefully we can carry that on at Northampton.

I think that today we can put to bed the myth that the manager has lost the dressing room. Every single player gave 100% today, chasing everything and battling for every 50/50. The fans responded to the commitment on display and the ground was rocking in the first half!

We need to show consistency though and carry on this level of work rate for the rest of the season.

I think that today we can put to bed the myth that the manager has lost the dressing room. Every single player gave 100% today, chasing everything and battling for every 50/50. The fans responded to the commitment on display and the ground was rocking in the first half!

We need to show consistency though and carry on this level of work rate for the rest of the season.

spot on mate

I'm not a fan of Mooney but he was superb today. Play like that more often!

Don't understand those booing Worrall

Not one player gave less than 100% - I was amazed and enjoyed the match just so much.

special word for Mooney though who was immense and played so well without the ball- he never stopped.

Well done PB, you got them firing and the crowd responded - heard the interview and sounds like Adam B told a few home truths that hit home after last week.

I'm not a fan of Mooney but he was superb today. Play like that more often!

Don't understand those booing Worrall

Probably le as he sounded like a bit of an idiot in that interview he done when he left. Described him self as a nasty player etc.

Great performance today. Cocko didn't like the formation, thought it was too negative but when he visited the players in the dressing room before the game he asked them to give their all. The players did just that, for Cocko, not Brown.

Great performance today. Cocko didn't like the formation, thought it was too negative but when he visited the players in the dressing room before the game he asked them to give their all. The players did just that, for Cocko, not Brown.
And you know that how?

What is the point? Really? Best game, best performance and best result at the Hall for some time and you come on here and post THAT. What's wrong with you man?? You've clearly just made that up for reasons I don't know. If you really can't get behind Phil Brown and the team, at least enjoy the result rather than post ***** like that.

Back