• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 3-2 Burton Albion

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Huge win! There's still hope...

After a nervy start we got better and better. Tired legs showed late on and allowed them back to it but that's to be expected with an unchanged team. Much like Walsall on Friday only this time we saw it out as we deserved the three points.

Bond has got some confidence in this team and got them playing better. Two draws, one win and one loss looks like he won't be carrying much of the blame if we do go down.

Mantom was excellent, Cox the best for me, and Dieng was a big improvement from his recent form when he came on. Turner also deserves a shout and a brilliant save from Oxley stopped them from scoring a second earlier on.

Now let's follow it up at Rochdale with another win please!

SOUTHEND United boosted their survival hopes with a vital 3-2 victory against Burton Albion at Roots Hall this afternoon.

More...

My last visit at Root Hall when we beat Gillingham, my first visit since our last win, we won!

I have given our players an pep talks on twitters two days before Burton (they responded to my post), to start from the front foot, keep your head up even we are losing, keep going until the end, show fight & passion, the crowds will be right behind you, win or lose, we want to see that you tried your best, that all we ask from you.

Very good performance today, everyone deserves a 10/10 and brilliant effort from everyone round the club. The season is in our hands now which we look for the next game at Rochdale, let’s take an army away as today proves our support really does give the lads a boost!

UTB

Unreal shift from everyone. That’s where you turn round and tell the players have tomorrow off. They’ve all emptied the tank and then some. Incredible noise from the stands too. I’ve not heard a roar like that a full time in years

Well done Kevin Bond. You’ve got these boys running their nuts off

What a rollercoaster that game was. Burton are a tidy team who seem to know where each player is all the time. Neat passing and moving had me worried right from the start.

The lads dug deep, put their bodies on the line constantly and got what they deserved. The relief and elation at the final whistle was very apparent.

We did the usual thing of getting deeper and deeper in the last 20 mins and we were lucky in the end to hold on. That said, we had a few chances we should have taken and could easily have scored 4 or 5.

Our future is still out of our hands but a performance like this next week at Rochdale has to deliver 3 points and a massive chance of surviving the drop

All you can ask for the players to look like they give a ****...we now have that! Up the Bondy...my hero.

Huge win! There's still hope...

After a nervy start we got better and better. Tired legs showed late on and allowed them back to it but that's to be expected with an unchanged team. Much like Walsall on Friday only this time we saw it out as we deserved the three points.

Bond has got some confidence in this team and got them playing better. Two draws, one win and one loss looks like he won't be carrying much of the blame if we do go down.

Mantom was excellent, Cox the best for me, and Dieng was a big improvement from his recent form when he came on. Turner also deserves a shout and a brilliant save from Oxley stopped them from scoring a second earlier on.

Now let's follow it up at Rochdale with another win please!

Elvis deserves a mention as well, thought he was excellent today

I feel physically drained watching that today
That was one of the longest 5 minutes of extra time I have known

A great team effort and the elusive win against a good side.
The team looked more organised and committed......if only we had showed up like that against Wimbledon and Wycombe.
Just got to hope the other results go our way,and then what a game coming up against Rochdale.
Support was superb and responded to the players efforts...
The relief at the final whistle said it all

Credit to all those involved today, to pick yourselves up after what happened and to get a massive 3 points and set up a great game next week in Lancashire

it will be interesting to see how many travel to Dale next Saturday....a must win game again 800 plus would be a good turn out.....maybe it will be more around 500

A massive, massive 3 points today! Only listened to the game on the radio but sounded like we were excellent throughout the game. Results currently going our way as well elsewhere so it's turning out to be a good Easter Monday for us! Atmosphere sounded brilliant as well.

Support was immense! From start to finish and players seemed to respond, what we lacked in skills we made up for in effort!
Rochdale here we come!
If you thought about going just do it!

Back