• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 3-2 Burton Albion

Support was immense! From start to finish and players seemed to respond, what we lacked in skills we made up for in effort!
Rochdale here we come!
If you thought about going just do it!
Disappointed to hear somebody in the South Bank telling Kightly to "earn his wages" as soon as he came on. Really don't understand how that kind of comment is expected to help improve performances during a game.

That was my last game of the season as I'm away for Sunderland and I couldn't of asked for a better day.

A few less people at the Hall and a few more doubtful of our League One status after Friday's dropped points, myself included. But you wouldn't never known that judging by the noise. Great day.

Cox, like so many times MoTM.

Oxley - 7.5, came off his line, one super stop, when we need the senior keeper he stepped up to the plate
Elvis - 8, best game as a professional for me, seemed determined to make up for his miss against Walsall, some lovely passes
Moore - 7.5, not sure why he was left out, but the rest seems to have done him good, the extra pace in the centre helped massively
White - 6.5, not his best game, typical patchy distribution
Turner - 7.5, rock solid, thought he was past it a couple of weeks ago...he probably still is, but immense in the air!
Hart- 7, good going forard but weak defensively
Kiernan, 6, not a midfielder and never will be
Yearwood, 7, best game for a while, still doesn’t look match fit but very tenacious
Mantom, 8, excellent performance, everywhere. Captains performance.
Bunn, 7.5, best game in a Southend shirt, a bit one dimensional and no left foot
Cox, 9.5, immense! Literally ran himself into the ground, player of the season by a country mile. Held the line so well and such an intelligent footballer.

Subs

Hyam, 7, improvement on Kiernan when he came on, though should have scored.
Dieng, 6.5, a beautiful towering header, but doesn’t get into the game enough for me
Kightly, 7, much better as a sub, you know he might last 20 mins!

Crowd, 10, the whole ground right behind the team all the way until the end!

It is now back in our own hands and given the permatations, win at Rochdale and I think we will be safe!

Come on Southend!!!

That game was a tonic! It's been a long wait and it was wonderful to see how much it meant to the players as well as the fans.

Everyone worked hard today and there were some great moments, both of desperation and skill.

I loved seeing Elvis play well today, it's been great to see him grow as a player.

And the crowd were fantastic today, right from the start. I think my favourite thing was how, after each Burton goal, instead of going quiet the crowd got louder for the restart to encourage the team on. It was great! Hats off to everyone.

I admit I cried after the end of the game. It was such a relief. It's not the despair that gets you, it's the hope.

Come on, you Shrimpers! Do it again next week!

Whole team deserved mom. Even John White who hoofed everything is included. The effort is all we have been asking for. A great performance against a good team. Always space for them. I was impressed with Burton. Which is why the defeats against the rubbish previous is so hard to take. The atmosphere was superb

At least one thing has been decided so far......OBL is now going to Rochdale, Hopefully with a good few more of us.

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Bond is keeping his feet firmly on the ground despite the Shrimpers’ pulsating 3-2 win against Burton Albion yesterday.

More...

What a game! The team ran themselves into the ground from the start against a skilful, determined and quick-passing Burton outfit. As others have said, Cox was immense but no one epitomised the team’s determination and ‘never say die’ attitude more than Bwomono. His athleticism shone out today and I think the licence to push forward in a wingback role suits him. Our fate is in our own hands now and I just hope that we can rouse ourselves to get the two more wins that would see us safe.

we got our club back today. Full of hard work and commitment, reminiscent of the team in the early Powell days. Couldnt fault the team any of them, all gave everything they had. A huge 3 points and just a shame its taken four months to win at home again. Now on to next week.

We bought our tickets weeks ago as hoped that the game would still have some meaning, and boy doesnt it. Dale all but safe so they need for a win more important to us. If we continue our decent away performances of late (Scunny aside) i see no reason why we cant get the result we need. Not sure how many tickets have been sold but would be great to get 600-700 up there.

Come on fellow Shrimpers lets do this together

HARRY Bunn helped fire Southend United to a 3-2 victory against Burton Albion and will continue to do all he can to avoid the ‘worst feeling’ in football.

More...

WOW. I didn't realise how high Dieng got for his goal.

9749954.jpg

WOW. I didn't realise how high Dieng got for his goal.

9749954.jpg

Yes he has been rightly dropped because of his work rate but that was a great and very much needed header.

Good set piece all round, as its difficult from that close. Two players made convincing runs to the near post and created some room for Dieng.

Heart rate settled? Just about. I actually checked mine at the final whistle, it was banging along at 110 bpm. My normal resting rate is about 54-56. That finish got me going.

Back