• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 3-3 Portsmouth FC

****ing hell. An unexpected point.

Terrible terrible first half with zero passion.

What changed? Why start trying?

Cox - 10
Klass - 7
Everyone else - below 6
Hart - Below 2

Can powell FINALLY smile and get the team up for it? Or do we revert back to next week like the useless unergentic unbothered first half?

Well you know our team. We have always been the same.......fantastic dig out from being 3-0 down. You actually don't know where your head is these days.

Well done Blues.

But for a 25-minute spell in that first half, where Pompey blew us away, we were more than a match for them.

We still have a clear lack of class, but personally I thought we showed plenty of desire & commitment. Well deserved point by the end of it.

As somebody else stated in another thread.

5 academy players and 2 young loan players 21 and 22 on at the end and a well earned point

Massive well done to everyone. Game over in 30. Changes made and a nothing to lose attitude. We need to build on that second half cause we were genuinely awful for them 3 goals, all avoidable imo.

Cox 10 POTY

I am buzzin, cmon!

I don’t like 1 up front- but Klass when he came on sat in the middle and it gave us control of the game.

We are also lucky that the one fit senior forward we have is Simon Cox (fantastic player for us - I would probably be looking at getting him a 2 year contact). Might be 31 but utterly professional, looks after himself and let pray ever present for the remainder of the season.

Well any neutral would have to like that comeback.

Sitting here watching that I was despondent after 30 minutes. After the game I was ecstatic.

Simon Cox MOTM by a mile.

****ing hell. An unexpected point.

Terrible terrible first half with zero passion.

What changed? Why start trying?

Cox - 10
Klass - 7
Everyone else - below 6
Hart - Below 2

Can powell FINALLY smile and get the team up for it? Or do we revert back to next week like the useless unergentic unbothered first half?
I wouldn't be that generous with Hart apart from his cross for Cox's first goal was terrible! Reckon Tom Clifford from the under 23s would do better!!

Posters are praising the changes. Who made them?
The bloke whose pair would have ended up on a kebab around 1pm had they been within spearing distance.

When we pass forward and move for each other we show we have more than enough skill in this side to match anybody. I think we flattered Portsmouth in the first 30 mins.

I wouldn't be that generous with Hart apart from his cross for Cox's first goal was terrible! Reckon Tom Clifford from the under 23s would do better!!

If you look at what came from youth players today you wouldn't discount him playing a part between now and the end of the season.

A STUNNING Simon Cox hat-trick saw Southend United fight back from 3-0 down to secure a 3-3 draw against Portsmouth at Roots Hall.

More...

Well, well, well................we never do well on TV! :Winking: Bloody nuisance, in the end, that I only had commentary. Like Charlton last week, in the end we showed plenty of fight and deserved our point. Unbelievable that the injuries carry on piling up. We'll have to wait and see how bad it is for Humphrys and Kightley.

Back