• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good ball from Yearwood to Kightly to draw the foul for the Second Yellow and Red for the number 21 and ultimately our winner

You can tell it was a good match because the highlights are longer than a minute.

Awful defending for there first goal, we created lots of chances and there keeper pulled off a few great saves.

Nice to actually want to watch the highlights for once.

A draw would have been a harsh result based on the chances we had.

I was close to leaving after 70 minutes as didnt feel well, only stuck it out as I was in the East Blacks and getting out is a nightmare. Luckily felt better after a while, then perked up quite a bit after about 91 minutes.

Just seen us as the lead game for L1 on Football on 5 (normally too depressing to watch!). They showed a good set of highlights, and some of Chris Powells post match interview. Great to see upbeat and positive comments, with an honest appraisal of the work to be done. Top man :Worthy:

Just seen us as the lead game for L1 on Football on 5 (normally too depressing to watch!). They showed a good set of highlights, and some of Chris Powells post match interview. Great to see upbeat and positive comments, with an honest appraisal of the work to be done. Top man :Worthy:

Next two home games 7500 and 10,000 plus IMHO

When Kightly floated the first in the top corner, i expected him to turn around smiling once he knew it had gone in, raise his arms and wait for everyone to jump on him. But his reaction was to turn and run to the west stand and pump his fist, scream, his face wretched with emotion that screamed determination. I wasnt expecting that tbh. You have to put that down to a management that sends the players out pumped up and ready to fight every ball. I saw Macca throwing himself around like never before. No, this wasnt a Phil Brown team. We ran Scunny off the pitch, all over the pitch. The transformation of Turner from start of the game to the end was noticable, he looked like a lad that needs that confidence to do well at Southend. Just what we needed that was, i'll bet our defence do well next week. This looks like a team that will fight and beat the drop. Like Chris Powell said in his after match interview.. we are gonna have some fun in those last 15 games. Love it.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but anyone who knows Michael will know how passionate and genuine he is. I was Lucky enough to coach with him at Basildon Ladies, when he was at Southend the first time around and you could not wish to get someone who wanted to do so well for Blues, coming from the local area. At the time and God knows why, Tilly was favouring James Lawson and Michael was so frustrated at not getting a fair chance.

After his tour around the higher leagues, he still views as unfinished business, any time at Southend. It's been a frustrating time for him under PB, but CP has a different outlook on the game and far more attacking, despite what the pleb from Huddersfield has to say! When that goal went in yesterday that was a combined release of some of that frustration and the passion that MK has for this club. Believe me, we will be seeing an "unleashed" Kightly from now on and I for one will be glad to see him exorcise some of his inner demons and show us the real MK in Shrimpers Shirt. |There are so many pusses about the appointment of CP and this is just one of them.

UTB!! IN it TOGETHER!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but anyone who knows Michael will know how passionate and genuine he is. I was Lucky enough to coach with him at Basildon Ladies, when he was at Southend the first time around and you could not wish to get someone who wanted to do so well for Blues, coming from the local area. At the time and God knows why, Tilly was favouring James Lawson and Michael was so frustrated at not getting a fair chance.

After his tour around the higher leagues, he still views as unfinished business, any time at Southend. It's been a frustrating time for him under PB, but CP has a different outlook on the game and far more attacking, despite what the pleb from Huddersfield has to say! When that goal went in yesterday that was a combined release of some of that frustration and the passion that MK has for this club. Believe me, we will be seeing an "unleashed" Kightly from now on and I for one will be glad to see him exorcise some of his inner demons and show us the real MK in Shrimpers Shirt. |There are so many pusses about the appointment of CP and this is just one of them.

UTB!! IN it TOGETHER!

No Mrs Slocombe jokes please - its a family site :blush:

UTB!! IN it TOGETHER!

Before his first injury Kightly had numerous chances to unleash from no more than 15 yds but had to have an extra showboat touch.

Many of us on here have wanted him to keep it simple and just shoot or cross it without fuss. Our first attack yesterday he had a needless extra touch in the area and a great chance was lost when gently chipped it into the keepers arms because he run out of room.

He learnt his lesson after that and improved much to all our delight. I would have thought our highest paid player could have worked that out himself because our first goal of the season v Blackburn came from a corner. McG had forced a fine save at the far post after kightly had put a good ball in on his right foot from out by W block. Yesterday of course it crept in and we were back in the game.

Lets hope he can stay injury free and we get to see the player he can be because he was just getting back to sharpness when he went off last time with that ham-string.

UTB!! IN it TOGETHER!

Good post, that! :thumbsup:

I predict we'll be singing "he's one of our own" to Kights very soon. If he's been shackled and now feels like the chains are off, then we'll have a great player on our hands all of a sudden if he stays injury free. I really hope he does brilliantly and who better than Powell to push that extra out of him. Our wing play was outstanding against a team in 4th, they really excelled and tore Scunny apart. At times the rest of the team couldnt get in the box to support quick enough. Coxy normally has to drop off to receive the ball, he'll be playing off the last man's shoulder at this rate, busily poking in all these lovely crosses and looking for the keeper to spill all these shots that will rain down from almighty.

I predict we'll be singing "he's one of our own" to Kights very soon. If he's been shackled and now feels like the chains are off, then we'll have a great player on our hands all of a sudden if he stays injury free. I really hope he does brilliantly and who better than Powell to push that extra out of him. Our wing play was outstanding against a team in 4th, they really excelled and tore Scunny apart. At times the rest of the team couldnt get in the box to support quick enough. Coxy normally has to drop off to receive the ball, he'll be playing off the last man's shoulder at this rate, busily poking in all these lovely crosses and looking for the keeper to spill all these shots that will rain down from almighty.

Very poetic! :)

UTB!! IN it TOGETHER!

:unsure::unsure:

Kightly, a winger, left the club at the end of the 04/05 season play-off winning season.

James Lawson, a forward, made his debut that season in an one minute cameo on New Year's Day in a 3-0 win whilst Kightly was on loan at Farnborough. Lawson's next appearance wasn't until the title winning 05/06 season when Kightly had already left.

Let's hope CP can get the best out of him.

Back