• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fantastic Five on the pitch before the game, then super 4 during the 97 minutes of footie.
Tilly, Dave Martin, Sammy, Julian Hales AND Ricky Otto! WOW, what great players for our club:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:, worth the admission just to be able to applaud them once again and remember all the pleasure of watching them play.

Then the game,truth is MK are poor and their position in the table is a true one.
None of our lads had an off day, Theo took his goals very well, especially his second.
Worry is the injury to Anton who was having a good game.SCP will have a selection decision or two to make for Tuesday.
AND we are almost, almost at the mathematical certainty of safety.
UTB!

Couldn’t make it today but just bumped into 3 fans in pub ( who I’ve never seen before).
General comment was that we did ok against a desperately poor side.
Also said Theo had “3 tap ins” so nothing special ......
As I say , wasn’t there , so can’t comment.

I suggest you reserve judgement until the highlights are posted Danny. His second goal was probably the furthest away half volley tap-in I've ever seen. Maybe they were MK fans incognito?

Not sure they were at the game if they saw 3 “tap ins”

To get a tap in, you need to be in the right place to start with.

That said, Theo's second was real quality. Not only because his finish was top class, but also because of the really neat passing between him and Timlin and the fact that Timlin found a blue shirt with 2 passes in a row

We were very good today and we didn't need to be any better than that.

I still can't believe Theo scored a hat-trick. I'm not going to pretend to be someone that always had faith in him because I wasn't, at the beginning of the season he looked out of his depth and today he's basking in glory; and very much deserved.

Ferdinand, didn't have a bad game by any means but he was struggling from very early on in the match which is a reoccurring theme. He always seem to be in discomfort. It's easy to say from the stand but I think he should consider whether it's worth putting he body through it for another season.

Despite his hat-trick I'm still going to give Dru MoTM... There I said it!

The thing that stands out for me from today is that the midfield works best with those four as the personnel. They complement each other perfectly.

I think I'd also like to see Cox & Robinson upfront and see how that might work on a regular basis. That said, MAF had a decent game, IMHO.

That second save of the two from Oxley was World class. Hopefully it will feature on the longer highlights released by the club, tomorrow.

Some great goals, as well. Especially the second one.

Forgot to mention that highly amusing incident from the free-kick. With Tims and the referee debating what was exactly 10 yards! :smile:

We don't score many hat tricks over the years so when a so called useless striker does it I would say that is a unique event.

We were very good today and we didn't need to be any better than that.

I still can't believe Theo scored a hat-trick. I'm not going to pretend to be someone that always had faith in him because I wasn't, at the beginning of the season he looked out of his depth and today he's basking in glory; and very much deserved.

Ferdinand, didn't have a bad game by any means but he was struggling from very early on in the match which is a reoccurring theme. He always seem to be in discomfort. It's easy to say from the stand but I think he should consider whether it's worth putting he body through it for another season.

Despite his hat-trick I'm still going to give Dru MoTM... There I said it!
I have been one of Theo’s critics, but felt really good for him today and credit where it’s due.

One swallow does not make a summer though, and really really hope that Theo continues with this type of form.

Thought Dru was immense and was MOM, closely followed by Fortune who once again ran himself into the ground for the cause!

I have been one of Theo’s critics, but felt really good for him today and credit where it’s due.

One swallow does not make a summer though, and really really hope that Theo continues with this type of form.

Thought Dru was immense and was MOM, closely followed by Fortune who once again ran himself into the ground for the cause!

Yes. Love watching Fortune on the ball - he was trying so hard to get a goal today. And it would have been well deserved.

Sometimes you can play relegation teams and see players you might like to poach ...... but not today. The whole M.K. team was poor.

However I thought we were (once we scored) exciting and sparky.

Big question for me is why not play that way when we are away?

Oxley great saves in the final minutes....John White another really great solid 90 mins...Dru ..what a prospect, gets better with every game ,but really gels with Timlin.Theo ..Nice to see things go for him,a well taken hat trick let's hope this is a start of a successful spell in a blue shirt. On a positive ..great to end the season with 3 players blooded and looking the part in this division...Dru ,Elvis and Harry ...Ricky Duncan should be really proud of what he has achieved

To get a tap in, you need to be in the right place to start with.

That said, Theo's second was real quality. Not only because his finish was top class, but also because of the really neat passing between him and Timlin and the fact that Timlin found a blue shirt with 2 passes in a row

The thing that frustrates me with Timlin, when he keeps the passes simple he's fine, it's just that every now and then he thinks he's a world class passer and ends up giving it away.

Have to say though, since Leonard's left, he looks far more comfortable now.

I felt we did a job today without being excellent (though we did play well) and if Dru carries on the way his is, we'll make a heck of a lot of money out of him!!

Final point, CP please, please, please stick to 4-4-2 away from home against Oldham

When was the last time we won 2 consecutive home games 4-0? I don't know that we ever have. I remember one Easter beating Port Vale and Chesterfield 5-0 and 5-1 but can't remember any other occasions.

Brilliant for Theo - I was one of his critics and really didn't think he had a future here but if he keeps finishing like that then he'll become a legend.

More injury woes at the back - that'll be Anton's lot this season I reckon - and that could make the final three games interesting. And as for Oxley, fantastic double save that deserved the standing ovation from 3 sides of the ground.

Super stuff.

Ratings - Everyone 8 except -

Timlin - 6 - passing was DREADFUL
Yearwood - 8.5 - he's a real prospect
Robinson - 9 - deserved MOM

Last edited:
The jeykll and hyde that is Southend United. Very good and times brilliant at home, yet very different away. As others have said , MK very poor, but you can only beat whats in front of you. Stand outs today, Dru, Theo and White. I believe since SCP took over we are the highest scoring side at home in the Country which is some feat. Get the away form sorted and you just never know

My usual Under 8 didn’t want to use his ticket so decided to take my niece to her first ever football match, knowing that she would be bored senseless unless we had lots of home goals to celebrate.

Asking her in the car what she thought the score might be she said “3, it will be 3. But what happens if I’m right?” “If you are right then we’ve had a great match, if you are wrong then it just means we’ve done even better!”

On to the player ratings.

Ox - Could have sat having a cup of tea, reading a nice book for 90+ minutes and then ends up making the save of the season
the only time he is needed. Would love to see it again but the guy shooting should definitely have scored that second chance.

Elvis - Out of position and with very little first team experience. I feel we were lucky that we played the worst team in league one (shows just how disastrous a season bury have had) but he did enough. As long as we look after him he is going to be one hell of a player at right back!

Ferdinand - I felt like I only appreciated how well he played today once he went off injured. Doesn’t have the pace or movement but was directing the rest of the defence and once he went off they were able to get in to a few positions that better teams may have punished us from.

The midfield - As another post mentioned, this combination seems to be our best one. Each of them compliments the other very well and has good balance. Yearwood has done everything but score so far and if he could add that to his game he will go for so much money that we could re build the whole squad with the money.

Theo - If he is going to play as well as he has in the last two home games then he has to be the first name on the team sheet. Caused them all sorts of problems and always seemed to be in the right place to finish. Scored the goal of the season with his and our second goal and I loved the celebration when he got the third.

Where did Chris Powell find this player!

Special mention to MK who were easily the worst team I have seen this season, body language seemed all wrong and each time we scored you could see their heads drop even more. Other people have mentioned that they would take Aneke but his finishing was terrible, he just looked stroppy and disinterested. When you are in a relegation scrap you need players to bust a gut to get the points and he didn’t look like he cares, wouldn’t want that character around the club.

So in the end the prediction both my niece and I made was correct, when we scored the third she looked delighted that she was right and when we scored the fourth we were both delighted we’d done even better!

A thoroughly enjoyable day with a cracking performance on the pitch and greeting 5 SUEPA legends back to the Hall, all followed by our Trust Quiz Night.

I thought Yearwood and White were both outstanding, White battled and won every challenge and it's part of the reason MK looked as poor as they did as nothing worked for them until that incredible double save from Oxley very late on...when it still didn't, but it would have if it weren't for Ox! Yearwood impressed more than ever with his midfield performance - I had friends with me who don't come along often but run a ladies' team and both love their football - they both were very impressed with him. Robinson deservedly MOTM with our first hat-trick in several years - noticeable for me how much more focused he is since "someone" is no longer associated with the club.

Oxley - 8, untroubled for 88 minutes of the match then pulled off an incredible double save which earned a deserved standing ovation. I do hope he is one of those who is, at least, considering a contract offer
Demetriou - 8, was surprised to see him stay on the right as would have expected the more senior pro to play "out of position". He'll have enjoyed himself
White - 9, a very convincing centre half performance, lots of battles, lots of decent and important challenges
Ferdinand - 7.5, very solid and mugged a couple of their players off once or twice, he'll also have enjoyed that - hope his injury isn't too bad
Bwonomo - 7.5, the youngster did very well on the whole, there's still the odd touch of naivety but I'm sure that will go as his confidence grows. Does need to make sure he looks up more before passing
Kightly - 7.5, keep him fit next season and we'll definitely be a force to reckon with
Yearwood - 9, I know he's on a long contract but we need to offer him an improved one. What a prospect this young man is, I loved Lenny to bits but Yearwood is beginning to grow into the role more and more and can only continue to improve while he's learning by playing. Good work from him in Theo's 1st
Timlin - 7, does so much well, the tackling, the hassling, the organisation, the passing - as seen for Theo's 2nd - and then misplaces passes...and that free kick, really badly
McLaughlin - 8, another very good performance from Mac, thought he was going to go off early as he got a foot trapped under him and he looked to be struggling. Thankfully not, and another headed goal for him
Robinson - 9.5, can't quite give him a 10 as there were a few mistakes but, really, this was the Theo of old and the Theo who so inspired Lincoln and gave Phil Brown reason to sign him. A very well taken hat-trick
Fortuné - 7.5, thought he worked really hard and enjoyed some freedom for once - when they didn't have him round the neck! Defied his years with some very good runs

Subs:
Harrison for Kightly - 7, did ok, but still a bit lightweight for me
Kyprianou for Ferdinand - 7, an enforced change. It would worry me having Harry Kyp and Elvis on the same side at the back if Anton's not fit for the next game or two but nice to see him back and playing
McGlashan for Robinson - 7.5, lovely to see him back on the pitch and showed that lightning turn of pace that we all reckon makes him such a good substitute for running at tired defences. He's great at turning players and showed it several times in the short time he was on.

Officials - well, Mr Ward gave one of his usual fussy performances but he didn't get much wrong, apart from one advantage which clearly should have been played. He is an annoying little bloke though!

No doubting MK were poor, they're playing like a team being relegated but let's not take away from the fact that we were very good. Hopefully we'll see some of that confidence at Oldham and Bradford.

Good luck to the boss and to Chris Phillips in their London marathons today.

For which, I think, he rightly got booked.

Indeed, but that doesn't detract from the entertainment value.

I particularly enjoyed the referee re-stamping the yards stroppily, as if to emphasise who was in charge, along with the derisory cheers. Pure pathos! :smile:

A thoroughly enjoyable day with a cracking performance on the pitch and greeting 5 SUEPA legends back to the Hall, all followed by our Trust Quiz Night.

I thought Yearwood and White were both outstanding, White battled and won every challenge and it's part of the reason MK looked as poor as they did as nothing worked for them until that incredible double save from Oxley very late on...when it still didn't, but it would have if it weren't for Ox! Yearwood impressed more than ever with his midfield performance - I had friends with me who don't come along often but run a ladies' team and both love their football - they both were very impressed with him. Robinson deservedly MOTM with our first hat-trick in several years - noticeable for me how much more focused he is since "someone" is no longer associated with the club.

Oxley - 8, untroubled for 88 minutes of the match then pulled off an incredible double save which earned a deserved standing ovation. I do hope he is one of those who is, at least, considering a contract offer
Demetriou - 8, was surprised to see him stay on the right as would have expected the more senior pro to play "out of position". He'll have enjoyed himself
White - 9, a very convincing centre half performance, lots of battles, lots of decent and important challenges
Ferdinand - 7.5, very solid and mugged a couple of their players off once or twice, he'll also have enjoyed that - hope his injury isn't too bad
Bwonomo - 7.5, the youngster did very well on the whole, there's still the odd touch of naivety but I'm sure that will go as his confidence grows. Does need to make sure he looks up more before passing
Kightly - 7.5, keep him fit next season and we'll definitely be a force to reckon with
Yearwood - 9, I know he's on a long contract but we need to offer him an improved one. What a prospect this young man is, I loved Lenny to bits but Yearwood is beginning to grow into the role more and more and can only continue to improve while he's learning by playing. Good work from him in Theo's 1st
Timlin - 7, does so much well, the tackling, the hassling, the organisation, the passing - as seen for Theo's 2nd - and then misplaces passes...and that free kick, really badly
McLaughlin - 8, another very good performance from Mac, thought he was going to go off early as he got a foot trapped under him and he looked to be struggling. Thankfully not, and another headed goal for him
Robinson - 9.5, can't quite give him a 10 as there were a few mistakes but, really, this was the Theo of old and the Theo who so inspired Lincoln and gave Phil Brown reason to sign him. A very well taken hat-trick
Fortuné - 7.5, thought he worked really hard and enjoyed some freedom for once - when they didn't have him round the neck! Defied his years with some very good runs

Subs:
Harrison for Kightly - 7, did ok, but still a bit lightweight for me
Kyprianou for Ferdinand - 7, an enforced change. It would worry me having Harry Kyp and Elvis on the same side at the back if Anton's not fit for the next game or two but nice to see him back and playing
McGlashan for Robinson - 7.5, lovely to see him back on the pitch and showed that lightning turn of pace that we all reckon makes him such a good substitute for running at tired defences. He's great at turning players and showed it several times in the short time he was on.

Officials - well, Mr Ward gave one of his usual fussy performances but he didn't get much wrong, apart from one advantage which clearly should have been played. He is an annoying little bloke though!

No doubting MK were poor, they're playing like a team being relegated but let's not take away from the fact that we were very good. Hopefully we'll see some of that confidence at Oldham and Bradford.

Good luck to the boss and to Chris Phillips in their London marathons today.

I was reliably informed me just after the game that was the first hat-trick for 273 leagues games.

Our first goal started from a throw that should have been a corner in the N/W. To be fair to the ref could see as it was in the air when it went out but as per normal the East side 'assistant' refused to take any responsibility over a decision.

Up until then what with the weather, the game had a both teams are safe end of season feel to it, Walsall crossed my mind. Football has that funny habit of producing something from a wrong decision etc. As we all witnessed the Southend who go a goal up look a 30% better side than at 0-0 and look 100% better than the SUFC that go a goal down.

Back