• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A convincing win over an awful MK Dons side. The game varied from tedious at times when we descended to their level to fantastic when we kept stepping up a gear creating a hatful of chances and converting a healthy percentage of them. Oxley's double save at the end was a wonderful bonus. I was surprised to see the MK Dons keeper applaud the Southend fans at the end so enthusiastically. Not just a token handful of claps .... it went on for a long time. Maybe he fancies playing for us next season! Hope not.

A convincing win over an awful MK Dons side. The game varied from tedious at times when we descended to their level to fantastic when we kept stepping up a gear creating a hatful of chances and converting a healthy percentage of them. Oxley's double save at the end was a wonderful bonus. I was surprised to see the MK Dons keeper applaud the Southend fans at the end so enthusiastically. Not just a token handful of claps .... it went on for a long time. Maybe he fancies playing for us next season! Hope not.

Perhaps his aware the Ox will be off in a few weeks and we'll be on the lookout :whistling:

To be fair, it was only his 2nd game for the club. Maybe a bit enthusiastic.

A lovely ice cream sundae of an afternoon, with that late double save by Oxley the chocolate sprinkles and little sparkler on the top.

One other thing - I though the 'Retro Day' was great. Doing stuff like this won't win us any more league points but it does add to the enjoyment of the afternoon.

Spotting old shirts and remembering the players who wore them with (or without) distinction, was good fun. And an education for my son too, who asked me about almost every shirt and stumped me once or twice with shirts of more recent vintage.

Yes, I was getting strange looks in my 'Custard Splat' shirt from the 90's. One guy even offered to buy it off me after the game!

It was probably because we gave him some playful stick whilst he was warming up for second half. He seemed to enjoy it as did we.

A lovely ice cream sundae of an afternoon, with that late double save by Oxley the chocolate sprinkles and little sparkler on the top.

One other thing - I though the 'Retro Day' was great. Doing stuff like this won't win us any more league points but it does add to the enjoyment of the afternoon.

Spotting old shirts and remembering the players who wore them with (or without) distinction, was good fun. And an education for my son too, who asked me about almost every shirt and stumped me once or twice with shirts of more recent vintage.

They're really getting the bug your two, aren't they? Great to see!

They're really getting the bug your two, aren't they? Great to see!

Yes, the work is paying off! They've been relatively lucky this season as well, with a record of W4 D4 L2 from the games they've attended.

I need to keep at it though, as when senior school comes around, they're sure to have lots of school pals supporting the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Watford, ready to turn them!

I think you've lost mine. The last bore-draw vs Donny killed any interest she had - though still likes football in general so maybe I can get her back next season.

My feelings entirely...They robbed AFC and are now getting their just deserts.
I know this is a thread about our performance, which without being there sounds like most home performances under CP, leaving us thinking why aren't we at least in the play-offs. But I want to comment on franchise fc. Nothing against their players or unfortunate management, I even have some sympathy with their fans although they kind of deserve it for taking the short-cut route to what they thought would be success with ****leman & his millions. My point is, how refreshing it is in these days of money guaranteeing success, to see that abomination of a 'club' slowly declining to where it should be, which hopefully is non-league. I'd have no problem with them starting again in the Ryman Third Division South or whatever, and working their way up. Fair play to any club who does that I.e. AFC Wimbledon, Fleetwood, Burton etc. They may all have money, but at least they started at the bottom & had to earn the right to their place in the EFL. Milton Keynes should never have been allowed to buy a league club, but what's done is done. Maybe karma is slowly taking place, and I for one will feel justice has been done if god willing this time next year they slide into non league taking their idiot owner and his plastic palace of a stadium with them.

I think you've lost mine. The last bore-draw vs Donny killed any interest she had - though still likes football in general so maybe I can get her back next season.

You do need to get lucky. This season isn't going to remembered by many of us in years to come, but the twins have been fortunate enough to see...

• Oxley's last minute penalty save v Blackpool
  • The 3-1 v Charlton
  • SCP's first game
  • Back-to-back 4-0 home wins

Plus at least one Southend goal in every home match they've ever attended.

I need to keep at it though, as when senior school comes around, they're sure to have lots of school pals supporting the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Watford, ready to turn them!

Its works if you allow them a "2nd team" in the prem - and then whenever they talk about this "2nd team" to you - point out this is only their "2nd team" and remind them who they actually support:smile: You can even encourage one that they have no affinity to and unlikely to ever see play live...

Back