• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's a shame goals of the season have already been collated and voting has begun because Theo's second goal and the movement leading to it gets my vote!

Theo’s reaction to scoring a hat trick is easily my favourite moment of the season!

For the first goal, the really impressive thing is Dru's strength in that challenge with Aneke, who was a huge unit and had already muscled his way into the referee's notebook.

The second goal was a superb move and the third goal was a product of working harder at set-pieces on the training ground. Something I recall SCP saying was a priority when he took over.

Oh and look at that lovely pitch. Looks like the first game of the season! :thumbsup:

Best goal, 2nd goal, I have seen at Roots Hall for many a year. If Man City had scored that the BBC would be showing it for years

It's a shame goals of the season have already been collated and voting has begun because Theo's second goal and the movement leading to it gets my vote!
Well if all the collating has been done perhaps someone ought to uncollate it. Either that or rename the award goal-of-90%-of-the-season. At least 3 people on here - and now I make a 4th - would vote for it, and it’s not hard to see why: zippy interpassing (there were two triangles weren’t there?) and then a first time shot that came at the keeper so sharp that he could only have saved it if he’d got lucky. But wait a minute squad, the timing was all wrong. You forgot to look at the calendar.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a standing ovation for a keeper before. Well deserved, and underlined why he's my player of the season :Worthy:

Gordon Banks 1970 World Cup?

But then i'm guessing that the Brazilians were on their feet to applaud what they thought would be a Pele goal...

Theo’s reaction to scoring a hat trick is easily my favourite moment of the season!

So, goal of the season, save of the season and champagne moment of the season all in one match!!! If only the voting hadn't already opened! :facepalm:

Re-looking at that double save, at the time I thought the second one was better, but that first one is extraordinarily good and probably the slightly better of the two now, IMHO.

I assume you are talking about Demi who was trying to grab the ball as he had been fouled.

But he hadn't been 'fouled' (whether think that was the right decision or not) 'cos the ref didn't give a free kick. Therefore a pen would almost certainly have been given.

Don't 'grab the ball' until after the whilst has blown. :facepalm:

But he hadn't been 'fouled' (whether think that was the right decision or not) 'cos the ref didn't give a free kick. Therefore a pen would almost certainly have been given.

Don't 'grab the ball' until after the whilst has blown. :facepalm:

I thought the foul was given, hence why Dru stopped and the ball was sent back to where he was fouled. Perhaps my memory is mixing up events but I’m sure we were given a free kick after the double save.

I thought the foul was given, hence why Dru stopped and the ball was sent back to where he was fouled. Perhaps my memory is mixing up events but I’m sure we were given a free kick after the double save.

Fair enough, i wasnt able to make it on saturday so i was just going by what i saw on the highlights:thumbsup:

Demi certainly wasn't fouled and missed with his attempted swat at the ball, maybe it was just a clever dummy. The foul was for the trip on Dru.

Back