• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didn't go, nice to hear we can score/save penalties though :happy:

Last edited:
The penalties we scored were very well taken, no one was saving them. Great save from Evans for their first one.

Pretty dire game I thought and pretty even. Not many chances for either side, but I think we just shaded it.

Good to see the lads hold their nerve and a couple of decent stops from Evans in the shoot out.

Good noise from W block tonight as always. Credit to Scott on the drum, cracking effort mate.

I agree with Smiffy....a very dull game and not much to report ...although I do like the look of Mushy Bible.

We where on top for most of the first half, playing some lovely stuff through in the midfield. Back line completely solid.
Hall always got a cross in, Bouzid looked very bright and went on some good runs with the ball at his feet, nothing too special yet though.
Corr and Sturrock both played well, but it just isn't working with two target men upfront together, for once we have two very good target men, but we aren't using them properly. Although if we played three upfront it will work. Or moving Granty further up the field. Who knows, that is why I'm not the manager. It has to be Corr and Patterson, Patterson and Spencer, or Blair and Spencer, or three up front Blair, Spencer and Corr.

Blair plays a lovely pass out to the wing and can play a deadly ball in. Sadly he isn't a goal scorer. He will get a couple but he is more of a play maker.

Rhys Evans - 7 - not much to do, good penalty stop though, and questioned where the ball was placed on all of their penalties, which was genius.
Simpson - 7 - Brilliant, hope we sign him for longer. Solid and great going forward.
Barker - 9 - Don't want to give him 10 in fear of it not being counted in the pringlejon index. He was unbeatable, the most headers ever won in a game.
Moshni - 7 - Massively solid with headers and tackles. Sometimes the distribution is a bit silly, will get better in time with that though.
Gilbert - 6 - Did nothing wrong in my opinion.
Hall - 7 - Got a cross in nearly every time he got the ball, very quick, should have been rewarded a fair few free kicks. Ohwell.
Easton - 7 - Tidies everything up, good passing.
Grant - 7 - disapointing today, still never gave up though.
Bouzid - 6 - Bright, nothing that special, but looks to be a good player with what he did.
Corr - 7 - Good headers and touches throughout the whole game.
Sturrock - 7 - thank god he stuck the penalty away.

Soares - 6 - hmm...He will get better with time.
Zaboub - 6 - Few good crosses, didn't really get much, he put the ball where he should everytime, but no centre forwards going to the front post.
Patterson - 6 - A tad hopeless, still had some good touches though, why is he so lollopy?

Referee - **** off you ****.
Linesmen - clueless

Blues Voice - 8
Rest of fans 7

Attendance - Surprising.

A lot of 7's sorry!

Just got home. The match itself was poor, neither team had a cutting edge. Sturrock had a great 1-on-1 chance that he hit straight at the keeper and corr had a couple of headers he maybe should have done better with. For me, we were missing out the midfield in favour of hoof ball.

Debutants Rhys Evans and Adam Bouzid looked ok during the match, Bouzid was taken off at half time, but Evans stayed on and won us the penalty shootout, especially impressed with the first penalty save.

Bilel again looks like, and i quote, "a drunken giraffe", yet he gets the job done at the back. Not his best performance in a blues shirt but good enough and another clean sheet at the back.

The strike partnership of Corr and Sturrock just doesnt work for me. With sturrock it is like playing Kevin Maher up front; at one stage he should have been running at their final defender and then shooting, but he stopped turned around, stroked his ponytail, fell over and lost the ball. God know's how he scored the winning penalty...there was a bigger groan from the crowd when he stepped up than when grant missed.

Ratings:

Evans: Looked a bit shaky during the game but great in the shootout (7)

Gilbert: My first game watching him and not a huge fan. Was inaccurate with his passing and wasnt strong enough for me (6)
Barker: Solid, but beaten in the air too much for my liking. Led the backline well and communicated with Mohsni, telling him what he should be doing (7)
Mohsni: Not his best game in a blue shirt, has great distribution at times, culminating in a cracking 50yard cross field pass to feet, but then can give it away the next minute with a rushed ball (7)
Simpson: Wasted at right back. Good crosser of the ball and reads the game well (8)

Bouzid: Didn't do much. Ran around. (5)
Grant: Not a great game by his standards. Drifted in and out of the game. (6)
Easton: Same as grant. Struggled to get the ball on the floor and play it forward (6)
Hall: Has NO right foot at all, easy to defend against when you know what he is going to do. Their right back had him in his pocket (5)

Corr: I don't think he deserved to be subbed. Won a lot in the air, a willing runner and got in a couple of good positions for crosses. Maybe should have done better with his headers. (7)
Sturrock: Deary me. Never looked forward. His dad gave him a good rollicking at times for it. How he scored the decisive penalty I will never know. (5, would've been 4 had it not been for the pen)

Subs:
Soares: Much improved performance for me, couple of good crosses and brilliant tracking back on the right wing (7)
Zaaboub: Didn't do much, sent a stonking ball into the danger zone between the strikers though (6)
Paterson: Didn't look up for it. Warming up half time and couldn't keepy-up. Not our 20-a-season striker so many people want (5)

Ref: Looked like King Farquad from Shrek, but reffed like the Donkey from it. (4)

Last edited:
Yep, not sure what Pringlejon was watching.
Maybe he doesn't know who Barker is ;) .
I thought he was bloody brilliant.

I was watching the same game, but i think for a CB he is a bit short, he won a fair share of headers but i expect CBs to win more than half, which i dont think he did. Not saying he didnt do a great job, his reading of the game is top notch and a step ahead most players in L2.

Rhys Evans - 8 for the pens
Simpson -5 dont rate him at rb but like him as a player
Barker - 9 briliant better than at rb
Moshni - 8 think he could be a star
Gilbert -6 didnt do much
Hall - 8 very fast but poor defending
Easton - 7 poor mans maher would love him bac.
Grant - 6 tired today i think.
Bouzid - 4 didnt rate atall
Corr - 8 he is growing on me
Sturrock - 6 just no

Soares 5 pointless player does nothing for me
Zaboub 6 didnt do much
Patterson - 7worked hard

I was watching the same game, but i think for a CB he is a bit short, he won a fair share of headers but i expect CBs to win more than half, which i dont think he did. Not saying he didnt do a great job, his reading of the game is top notch and a step ahead most players in L2.

Haha.
Maybe I'm being a bit over the top. I thought he won 85% (atleast in the air). He is 6 ft 2, it's fairly tall. Oh I don't know. Where you in East or West?

Haha.
Maybe I'm being a bit over the top. I thought he won 85% (atleast in the air). He is 6 ft 2, it's fairly tall. Oh I don't know. Where you in East or West?

I saw you in the West OBD hiding behind your hair..so I am going to agree with PJ on this one.:cool:

Evans 7 during the game seemed rooted to his line. But the penalty saves were very good
Gilbert 6 looked solid defensively
barker 6.5 again pretty solid
Moshni 7 I love this geezer, in a couple of months time he will reach cult hero status, its like watching efe sodje......on speed
simpson 6 played out of position but is good enough to do this (does that make sense ?)
Hall 6.5 I like the look of hall always has a go at his full back and puts in good crosses
easton 6 didnt really make an impression on the game IMO
Grant 6 didnt really get into it tbh
bouzid 5.5 ok at times needs minutes
corr 6.5 held the ball up well and linked play well at times, really needs a nippy little'un in and around him
sturrock 5 missed a really good chance and at times looked like he didnt know what he was doing, worked hard however and a couple of good lay offs

The match overall was a tight affair with neither team doing enough to really deserve the win, we looked well organised and certainly worked hard and looked determined, we still need a bit more drive from centre midfield, someone who really joins in the attacks (lee sawyer would turn this team into something very good) we do need a touch of pace/flair up front as well, corr does his job well what we need is someone to feed off this. A back line of Gilbert, barker, moshni and clohessey should be fine for league two. I think we are two maybe three good first teamers away from mounting a challenge for a play off place, our ability to grab a game and win it may cost us a few points. But plenty of positives too, I think Hall will develop into a decent winger and moshni will be very good

Evans - 8 - Not a lot to do until the pens, but very good distribution that just wasn't capitalised well enough, saved two penalties as well so top stuff.
Simpson - 7 - Probably the best I've seen of him so far.
Barker - 8 - Absolutely outstanding performance and seems to compliment Bilel very well.
Moshni - 7 - First I've properly seen of him, am very impressed, but he does need to improve with distribution.
Gilbert - 7 - Again, first I've seen of him, nothing special but did his job well.
Hall - 7 - Looks to be our best wide player, always tried to take on his man, on another day this will work better, but that full back was fast!
Easton - 7 - Good in the tackle, and his passes were better then I've seen from him before
Grant - 6 - Got around a bit, but didn't do much else and was a very poor penalty
Bouzid - 7 - Another one I'm seeing for the first time, felt he has something about him, but didn't quite get enough time to show it.
Corr - 7 - Won a few headers, but could probably have done better on a couple of occasions, can't understand why he was taken off for Pato
Sturrock - 6 - Poor, and I've always rated him quite well on here, just didn't get anything right.... until the final penalty that is!

Soares - 6 - Didn't particularly do anything wrong, but in my opinion wasn't as threatening as Hall
Zaboub - 7 - Might need to start looking up when he crosses to make sure it goes where the forwards are, but I do quite like him.
Patterson - 6 - Very well taken free kick, but didn't do a lot else, however might not have had enough time on the pitch, and probably would have looked a lot better with Corr instead of Sturrock on the pitch

The referee missed endless pushes by the Gillingham CB's, and was just generally awful. Glad to see the back of that ref for a while!!

This board just amazes me, we put in an ok performance, win our second game on the trot (in theory) keep a second clean sheet, yet people still moan and arent happy. What is wrong with you people. Do you not undertsand that it is still a new team, they are still getting to know each other, style of play etc.

Gilbert -6 didnt do much.... for gods sake, he is a left back who has just been part of a defence that is kept 2 clean sheets on the trot. He doesnt need to do much. Defend to start with would be handy and the last two games i have seen, his first two of the season i might add, he has been rock solid. Maybe in a few weeks he will DO a bit more going forward.

Just be happy with whats going on at the mo, its not been a bad start to the season and give the guys a break. Massive support needed for Saturday, really could get our season going good and proper. UTB

Very confusing on Barker I must say.
'Most headers ever won in a game, unbeatable'. 'Solid, but beaten in the air too much'. 'but i think for a CB he is a bit short, he won a fair share of headers but i expect CBs to win more than half, which i dont think he did'. 'He is 6 ft 2, it's fairly tall'.:dizzy:

A wins a win, jurys out on how well we'll do this season, but having that winning mentality, squad unity and spirit can transform average players into contenders.

This board just amazes me, we put in an ok performance, win our second game on the trot (in theory) keep a second clean sheet, yet people still moan and arent happy. What is wrong with you people. Do you not undertsand that it is still a new team, they are still getting to know each other, style of play etc.

Gilbert -6 didnt do much.... for gods sake, he is a left back who has just been part of a defence that is kept 2 clean sheets on the trot. He doesnt need to do much. Defend to start with would be handy and the last two games i have seen, his first two of the season i might add, he has been rock solid. Maybe in a few weeks he will DO a bit more going forward.

Just be happy with whats going on at the mo, its not been a bad start to the season and give the guys a break. Massive support needed for Saturday, really could get our season going good and proper. UTB

you said it yourself it was OK yet you moan about a rating of 6, 6 is OK in my book, gilbert looked solid but not spectacular, do you think this deserved a 9? I do agree with you on many points though especially the new team part, looking forward to saturday will be a good marker

Back