• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United agree terms with experienced defender John White

Let's hope he can stay relatively injury free next season. Had a few nasty arm breaks of late

You’ve got to think if he does it again he would have to seriously consider calling it a day.

JW is a great pro, but his arm is a huge worry for me. We can't afford to have another player occupying the treatment table this season for a long spell, especially with the squad likely to be a lot smaller this year.

good news although I do worry about his arm, I'd make him club captain regardless as his attitude optimises what the club needs next season

I think the arm is overplayed a bit. Two breaks in different places all be it same arm. Very unlucky. The long time off (I nearly said break..) will have been perfect for the healing process.

appreciate John White and personally would renew His contract. But surely we should be appointing a manager first? Entirely possible new manager arrives soon and decides White isn’t for him. What then?

appreciate John White and personally would renew His contract. But surely we should be appointing a manager first? Entirely possible new manager arrives soon and decides White isn’t for him. What then?
If a player's contract is up you have to make a decision. Release or keep/offer new terms. That's it. In this case the right decision is made.

I think the arm is overplayed a bit. Two breaks in different places all be it same arm. Very unlucky. The long time off (I nearly said break..) will have been perfect for the healing process.

I believe its 3 now. Someone post the x-ray of the second one and it looks like it broke right at the end of the plate. Is it possible that the plate my have contributed or saved a weaker area?

I believe its 3 now. Someone post the x-ray of the second one and it looks like it broke right at the end of the plate. Is it possible that the plate my have contributed or saved a weaker area?

Pretty much. The 2nd one like you say broke at the end of the small plate they put in. Trouble was they just shifted up the small plate over the new break, uncovering the first one (whilst in most jobs it would have been strong enough by then, they're not fully healed for quite some time) and the 3rd one was in a similar place to the first one. Fortunately they've done a proper job this time and he now has a plate virtually the length of the lower arm, covering all the areas that that could have a reoccurrence (fingers crossed)

Pretty much. The 2nd one like you say broke at the end of the small plate they put in. Trouble was they just shifted up the small plate over the new break, uncovering the first one (whilst in most jobs it would have been strong enough by then, they're not fully healed for quite some time) and the 3rd one was in a similar place to the first one. Fortunately they've done a proper job this time and he now has a plate virtually the length of the lower arm, covering all the areas that that could have a reoccurrence (fingers crossed)

I hope Ron has done his due diligence on this.

Carl Emberson had hands like plates and it didn't help him.

Will he be able to pass airport security for any European Cup ventures we may have further down the line?

Will opponents be able to distract him with magnets?

I fear it raises more questions than it answers.

Great news well done Ron for getting this done,nice to have some good news.Whilst JW getting to the end of his career and possibility he wont get a lot of game time,he will be usefull in the club and dressing room for the younger and inexperienced players to go to.

Back