• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United All-Time Draft

Just wanted to say what a fantastic thread this has been, with over 300 posts and 3,700 views.

I must say that I wished I had joined in, now that I have seen how it works.

It has brought back so may great memories reading all your stories about some of our great forma players.

As you get on, it is surprising how many if these players you forget about until someone mentions them and then all those fantastic memories come flooding back.

Thanks from a grateful Shrimper.

PS OK I will ask, what happens now?

I had Britt. Hunter. Butters ,Burridge all on a short list of loanees. But I didnt feel the loanee issue made it worth the gamble

The one I almost used was Peter Sylvester

Last edited:
George Molyneux, Nathan Jones, Damon Searle

I'd forgotten Nathan Jones, but I think my next left-back would have been Steve Yates. Rather surprised he wasn't picked as he was part of the 4th division Championship side that kept all those clean sheets (but maybe people were put off the idea of title winning left-backs being good by Che Wilson).

I was surprised neither Sodje nor Roget got picked up.

I'd forgotten Nathan Jones, but I think my next left-back would have been Steve Yates. Rather surprised he wasn't picked as he was part of the 4th division Championship side that kept all those clean sheets (but maybe people were put off the idea of title winning left-backs being good by Che Wilson).

I was surprised neither Sodje nor Roget got picked up.

Mentioned Steve Yates further back, he was quality (and, as previously mentioned, had very nice thighs!).

Here is the "Southend United All-Time Draft" draw.

Generated at:-
http://www.randomresult.com/ticket.php?t=981794YM9AV

Competitors/Teams in draw:-

1. Team Yorkshire Blue
2. Team Spaceman Spiff
3. Team FBM
4. Team Ricey
5. Team Napster
6. Team Firestorm
7. Team Lord Football
8. Team Thomas Finney

Draw Result

Group No.1

7. Team Lord Football
1. Team Yorkshire Blue

Group No.2

6. Team Firestorm
2. Team Spaceman Spiff

Group No.3

8. Team Thomas Finney
3. Team FBM

Group No.4

4. Team Ricey
5. Team Napster

Semi Finals

Winner Group No. 1 will play winner Group No.2
Winner Group No. 3 will play winner Group No.4

Final

The winners of the two Semi Finals will play each other

Good Luck everyone and may the best team win.

What a fantastic thread.... best I've been involved in since I joined over a decade ago. Thanks for letting me be part of it.

I am sure we all had players who didn't quite make our elevens who were completely over-looked by everyone else.

I am ummed and aaahed over my last centre forward pick, and I cannot believe no one picked up on Britt Asambalonga! Anyone else have a gem up their sleeve that never got picked up?

How no-one picked Phil Gridelet i will never know.

It is... one of the best threads for a long time.

I'd be interested to know if anyone not in the game is reading the thread with as much interest!
Loving it.
I’m driving home 1200ks north of Perth, through the outback, of north Western Australia.
It’s a great read, when having a break from driving and have phone coverage.
Especially, as those playing, are giving the reasoning behind their choices.
First class by everyone involved.
UTB’s 👏💙👏💙👏

Last edited:
Loving it.
I’m driving home 1200ks north of Perth, through the outback, of north Western Australia.
It’s a great read, when having a break from driving and have phone coverage.
Especially, as those playing, are giving the reasoning behind their choices.
First class by everyone involved.
UTB’s 👏💙👏💙👏
You do realise this thread was 4 years ago, don't you? It was great though. I think the semi finals had their own thread.

You do realise this thread was 4 years ago, don't you? It was great though. I think the semi finals had their own thread.
No I didn’t 🤣
I was waiting for the semi’s 🤦‍♂️
I was on a 12 hour drive home and it popped up on the thread.
I’ll have to find the semi thread to get closure.
At least you had a response to your question, after waiting 4 years 😳

Last edited:
Back