• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United All-Time Draft

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Right, not sure if this will work but thought it might be fun to try.

The idea is that 8 people take part in a 12 round draft of players and managers from Southend United's history to try and build the strongest XI (plus a manager). Once a player is selected nobody else can then choose that player. Participants are encouraged to explain why they took a player or manager and why they were so good.

Once 8 sides have been selected we can then play them off against each other by voting who drafted the strongest team in quarter-finals, semi-finals and then a final. When voting and determining which side was best we can take into account things like the number of appearances they made for us, the goals they scored in a Southend shirt, the honours they won, the level they played at and the transfer fees they went for.

If you are interested sign up below and once we have 8 participants we'll have a random draw to see which order we draft in.

1. Yorkshire Blue

Rules
1. Draft order will be determined by a random draw and then reversed after each round, so if you pick last in a round you pick first in the next round.
2. If you haven't made your pick within 24 hours of being up then the next person is on the clock and can make their pick if they get in before you.
3. Teams need to be balanced eg make sure you include a keeper and a manager and play in a recognisable modern formation. Players being played out of position will be penalised in the vote.
4. Loanees can be included but should be penalised in the voting for lack of longevity.
5. Current players (and manager) can be included.
6. Managers are counted separately from players so Paul Clark the player could be selected by one team and Paul Clark the manager by another team.

I hope that makes sense but if I've missed anything out or it's unclear please let me know.

would it not be more equal if you rotated after each player was picked rather than a team, Or have I got the rules wrong?

would it not be more equal if you rotated after each player was picked rather than a team, Or have I got the rules wrong?

I probably haven't explained it very well but the idea is
12345678876543211234567887654321 etc

Clearly my humour was lost on some here, after i took a bit of banter a few weeks back about posting something similar.

Misread that as all time daft...... or did I? ?

1. Yorkshire Blue
2. Spaceman Spiff
3. FBM
4. Ricey
5. Napster
6. Firestorm
7. Lord Football

Right, one more needed

(Plus if someone not playing wants to volunteer to do the draw)

Back