• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
Extract from the latest Shrimpers Trust newsletter:

Meanwhile, a swathe of youngsters, have found time to gain work experience in non-League football, with Luke Thurlbourne in particular impressing at St Albans City of Blue Square Conference South. Henry has appeared at BGB Southern League Premier Division Cheshunt and is currently with Ryman League Premier Division outfit Harlow Town, where he joins Lindie and Obaze, whilst Hopkins and Richard Priest appeared at Cheshunt. To complete it all, Sam Higgins has performed for Conference South Bishops Stortford, and [Tom] Hopkins and Dan Harvey have joined Spanish Fourth Division club CD Javea.

... and thoroughly enjoying themselves by all accounts.

No, not really. Pure coincidence I reckon. I think the board saw the "La Lower Liga" programme on Sky Sports back in January and got in contact. (Sky Sports are following our progress this season.) Ray Osbourne, Ricky Duncan, Luke Hobbs and Mark Bonner came over to experience our home game against CD El Campello at the beginning of the month, liked what they saw, and things progressrf from there. Aside from me, Fay and Unc, the real link is the fact that Kenny Brown, one-time loan player at Roots Hall (1996/97) is the manager. Our president is apparently guest-of-honour of Ron Martin at this Saturday's game against Walsall; I missed out due to the fact that my passport has expired!

Ah well, hope you can keep us informed with the progress of Hopkins and Harvey.

Hopefully they'll be better than Dave "Crueyff" McSweeney, Yemi Aboudin and the other young hopefuls we had when you were last attending regularly.

Sure will. They should be attending this weekend's home game against Santa Pola CF (we've had a two-week Easter break) so I hope to make "official" contact on Sunday ...

Back