• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United are still in talks with Timothee Dieng

Shouldnt this thrill me more ? no ?,no regrets?, Non Je Ne Regrette Rien

So Au Revoir and thanks for the effort to date

PB: Tim, fancy a role as bit part player for a quarter of the wage in non league?

TD: merde

"He knows what the club is all about though and he did say he would like to play for me."
Thanks Phil, that is really good to know!

Why are we bothering with dieng! We need to stop this habit of re-signing previous or current players who lets be honest have been poor over few years. Dieng in my opinion needs fresh challenge, so let's move on and sign players who want to play for sufc (preferably young hungry players)

If it gets to a playoff game next season and someone needs to stick their head on the end of something, ether defending or attacking it certainly won't be Dieng.

Not tough enough to be a CB and not able to tackle/shirt grab/stop or if all else fails at a vital time, take one for the team as CM. Look at the Coventry winning? goals home and away in the CP/Bond season....That sums up his time with us.

If it gets to a playoff game next season and someone needs to stick their head on the end of something, ether defending or attacking it certainly won't be Dieng.

Not tough enough to be a CB and not able to tackle/shirt grab/stop or if all else fails at a vital time, take one for the team as CM. Look at the Coventry winning? goals home and away in the CP/Bond season....That sums up his time with us.

Have to agree !!

Thought he was one of the better ones (not that difficult) last season. That said, I wouldn't be fussed if he stayed or left and is probably on a decent wage that we could better utilize.

Dieng is very replaceable IMHO. There is undoubtedly a decent player in there and we've seen moments of brilliance from him at times. But he's very inconsistent and they tend to be just moments.
The national league is a tough physical league and I'm not sure he has the physical qualities or mental attitude to thrive there. He also strikes me as somewhat jaded from his experiences at Southend.
Might be best for both parties if he moves on.

Personally cannot wait to see the back of him and think he's got a cheek. Once again another player I associate with losing and the less of them i see in a blues shirt the better.

I don't think he warranted a new deal on the table in the first place. He had his moments last season, but few and far between. Too laid back for my liking... especially for the VNL. Part of a double relegation team to boot.

How can any of that be rewarded.

We need as few a number of players from the past 2 diabolical seasons as possible.

I actually think Dieng could do okay elsewhere, so best end the relationship here.

Mixed feelings on this one. Really like him as a player, he had a good season and is versatile. But after two successive relegations, we need to clear out as much of the losing mentality as we can and he must be front of the queue.

Reading between the lines following one of Brown’s comments the other day, Dieng is potentially the one who said he was a league one player, which he certainly isn’t. Wouldn’t mind him staying but absolutely wouldn’t break the bank for him either.

Back