• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Band

Hawkwell Blue

Manager
Before the Bromley game I was talking to a supporter and the drummer of a popular International Indie Band. I was wondering if there are enough proper musicians who support the blues to form a virtual band.

I know the bass guitarist of the legendary Dr Feelgood is a season ticket holder and goes home and away gigs permitting.

Alison Moyet could be on vocals so any more out there to complete the line-up?

As an old supporter of many, many years SUFC had our own Supporters Brass Band. They played and marched up and down the field at half time. The band leader had a long staff beating out the time as he led the band. Both men and woman in uniform.

I remember on one occastion it flicked out of his hand and stuck upright ahead of him in the turf, it was very funny.

Before the Bromley game I was talking to a supporter and the drummer of a popular International Indie Band. I was wondering if there are enough proper musicians who support the blues to form a virtual band.

I know the bass guitarist of the legendary Dr Feelgood is a season ticket holder and goes home and away gigs permitting.

Alison Moyet could be on vocals so any more out there to complete the line-up?

John B Sparks was part of the original line up of Dr Feelgood and what a great rockin' band they were back then (I saw them twice and what a treat)--They covered Jerry Byrne's "Lights Out" and it was fabulous.

As an old supporter of many, many years SUFC had our own Supporters Brass Band. They played and marched up and down the field at half time. The band leader had a long staff beating out the time as he led the band. Both men and woman in uniform.

I remember on one occastion it flicked out of his hand and stuck upright ahead of him in the turf, it was very funny.
I bet he took some stick for it lol

Yes, I remember. One of the members gave music lessons at Sweyne School on a one to one basis. The lessons were held in the Church Hall in Sir Walter Raleigh Drive. His name was Ted and the lessons were for brass instrument tuition only. Would have been around 1968 to 1970.

I was in a group with Peter Knight at school, well the music teacher didn't want us in his class so told us to form a band with a few others and sent us to the cloakroom. Peter ended up with a triangle and I had a chime-bar. Come the day we had to perform to the school, Peter and myself said "cobblers to this". The thought of Peter playing a triangle in front of the whole school would have been priceless to watch.

Back