• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United Band

mrsblue used to play the broken record quite well?

Rumour has it she still has Jason Williams locked up in the basement.

I'm sure I can rustle up a couple of theremin and zither players, maybe even a bassoon at a push.

My brothers red hot on the Irish Bazouki, a Resonata, lap steel guitar, acoustic and electric guitars from Fender to Taylor and Martin and also exceptionally good on a Mandolin , also used to support Cajun Blues
Infact his expensive collection stretches to 24 guitar like instruments at last count

One Lutherian visited is currently building a personal guitar for around £15,000, but will take over a year to complete so wont be available yet for the Shrimpers blues all star band

As an old supporter of many, many years SUFC had our own Supporters Brass Band. They played and marched up and down the field at half time. The band leader had a long staff beating out the time as he led the band. Both men and woman in uniform.

I remember on one occastion it flicked out of his hand and stuck upright ahead of him in the turf, it was very funny.
I was there.It was a perfect piece of comic genius

Ron Martin used to be pretty good ...

but he only plays one song now and everyone is pretty sick of hearing it.

When I run a quiz at a new venue I usually do an intros round. For the first nine questions I play taped intros from various songs and then stop and pick up a guitar. I cannot play a note on it but for question 10 I thrash my hand quickly across the strings and then put the guitar down.

Typically about 80% correctly guess "Hard Days Night" by the Beatles. Although usually chuffed with this recognition I suspect it is not enough talent to sustain a concert night and so I will have to decline any invite to be part of your band ensemble.

But get yourself down to the Swanage Tennis Club quiz on Sat 21 Jan 2023 and you'll be able to admire this talent live, and have the answer to one question in the bag.

The thread is not really SUFC related anymore so I’ll move it to Homer’s Bar for continued chat!

Back