• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United boss Kevin Bond to up the work-load against Exeter City

Echo site continually freezes my iPad, I think due to too many ads. The amount of advertising is counter productive for me as I have to navigate away without reading the article.

Won’t bother to visit the Echo website any longer.

Echo site continually freezes my iPad, I think due to too many ads. The amount of advertising is counter productive for me as I have to navigate away without reading the article.

Won’t bother to visit the Echo website any longer.
agreed, the same on laptop or phone tbh. pointless.

Same with Chris Phillips22, always bogs up my ipad

p.s. I hope Bondy js upping his game on the transfer front

echo website - ridiculous!!!

PS i think i may have mentioned my disdain for this awful ill informed, badly researched, lazy, 'rag' of a comic before.

Grammatically incorrect and **** smelling is an every day occurrence.

ALLEGEDLY

Possible solution, use an Ad Blocker. Alternatively the full story is here:

Blues boss Bond to up the work-load against Exeter

10142451.jpg

Upping the workload - Southend United manager Kevin Bond

SOUTHEND United manager Kevin Bond will up the work-load for his players against Exeter City tomorrow.
Blues face the Grecians in a behind closed doors friendly on Wednesday morning.
And the game will some of the Shrimpers squad playing 90 minutes for the first time this summer.
“This will be the first game we have a few outfield players playing for the full 90 minutes,” said Bond, who confirmed summer signing Nathan Ralph would figure at some stage in the game.
“We’ve slowly stepped things up and they’re ready now to push things on.”
The Shrimpers head into the game on the back of a five-day training camp in the south-west.
And Bond feels the trip has been hugely beneficial.
“It’s been very good and we’ve been able to get a lot done here,” said the former Bournemouth boss.
“We’ve done double sessions most days and the players have been working hard.
“The facilities and everything here have been good and I’m pleased with the way it’s gone.”
Blues will return home after Wednesday morning’s clash with the Grecians before continuing their pre-season schedule with a trip to Dagenham & Redbridge on Saturday.
The Shrimpers then host Millwall at Roots Hall next Wednesday before heading to League One rivals Gillingham just two days later to complete their warm-up matches.

Looks like a full strength side we are putting out:Clap:

I can’t see how full strength can include Goodship or Robinson as your wide players....

One was crucified and almost hounded out the club by his own fans due to lack of ability, is a CF and is in his 30s......

The other comes from non league four leagues below where he is and he’s not actually hit the ground running from what I’ve seen....

Kelman, Klass, Hutchinson, Acquah will all look at this as a kick in the proverbials and that spells trouble.

Anyone following the Exeter twitter feed on the game?

I expect them to be one sided in their commentary but Jesus.....

Blues starting line up versus Exeter: Oxley, White, Kiernan, Lennon, Ralph, Milligan, Yearwood, Mantom, Robinson, Humphrys, Goodship.

Excellent. That looks like our strongest lineup at the moment, with the possible exception of Elvis for White, but JW needs the minutes I think so its sensible to include him today. 4-3-3 by the looks of it and I like the forward line.

I can’t see how full strength can include Goodship or Robinson as your wide players....

One was crucified and almost hounded out the club by his own fans due to lack of ability, is a CF and is in his 30s......

The other comes from non league four leagues below where he is and he’s not actually hit the ground running from what I’ve seen....

Kelman, Klass, Hutchinson, Acquah will all look at this as a kick in the proverbials and that spells trouble.

Not really. Kevin Bond can't play everyone. He has to juggle. They will get their minutes in the next friendly. Acquah will have to up his game tho to stay around the first team. So easily marked out of the game at the moment. Needs to learn how to get away from the marking defender and find space in the area, as he is a good powerful finisher.

Yeah that’s a fair point but in football most will recognise that the first opportunity the manager gives to start strong and up the minutes will usually be what he perceives at the moment to be his best 11.

Acquah and klass, I’d be surprised if they get much first team action this season, Kelman with more than likely be sent out on loan to get game time.

Back