• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United boss Kevin Bond to up the work-load against Exeter City

I know friendlies are not about the result, but it seems we've been pretty **** in them - and these teams have been way down the league ladder.

Chill pill, people. Not about the result means not about the result (to paraphrase Theresa May :Smile:). In other words the players will be more focussed on putting into practice the specific things they have begun (note: begun) to work on tactically in training. They will not be going hell for leather (either team) as nobody wants any injuries. Better to pull out of a tackle than risk getting injured, when a goal against is no problem. Goals against do not necessarily indicate poor performances at this stage - particularly in behind closed doors games.

I suspect the number of fans at Dagenham, Millwall and Gills will encourage a more full throttle display, but players will still be looking to avoid injury in a game of no consequence.

Frankly, I'd rather any potential frailties or similar were evidenced in these games and sorted by August 4th.

Chill pill, people. Not about the result means not about the result (to paraphrase Theresa May :Smile:). In other words the players will be more focussed on putting into practice the specific things they have begun (note: begun) to work on tactically in training. They will not be going hell for leather (either team) as nobody wants any injuries. Better to pull out of a tackle than risk getting injured, when a goal against is no problem. Goals against do not necessarily indicate poor performances at this stage - particularly in behind closed doors games.

I suspect the number of fans at Dagenham, Millwall and Gills will encourage a more full throttle display, but players will still be looking to avoid injury in a game of no consequence.

Frankly, I'd rather any potential frailties or similar were evidenced in these games and sorted by August 4th.

That might be a day too late @Spaceman Spiff :Winking:

_106798390_rexfeatures_10228289k.jpg

Back