• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Kevin Maher feels on loan Sheffield United youngster Zak Brunt can impress in variety of roles

Well I thought he only came into the game properly once moved central but what do I know ?

Doesnt he go back in january? Hopefully we will have a replacement by then!

KM in his BluesTV interview was very vague about exactly when new players would be brought in :-"at the right time" was what he limited himself too.So not before January then. :Winking:

Firstly I think there is now a learning to set no expectations as they will be leapt upon and then used to batter them around the head at the first opportunity. Better a nice surprise than a manufactured disappointment.

On Brunt the initial loan was till January..

The fact he is highlighting Brunt's versatility may be a hint that 352 is not going to be the preferred formation (or indeed another formation that necessarily accommodates a number 10 role)

Yes - it was 'How Soon Is Now?'. But, on behalf of the Apostrophe Action Association, I'd like to point out (respectfully) that there is no need for an apostrophe when referring to the former group, The Smiths.
What about your favourite The Smiths’ songs?

I thought somewhere there was a post from a southend employee, saying that some of us would look silly this week, in regards to the lack of signings.. tick tock tick tock
That's not what he said......he said the guy would look silly after the suggestion recruitment wasn't being dealt with

look silly this week, wasn't it?? or am I wrong
Does it matter? Still came in a few days later- took a bit longer than anticipated to sort out some niceties. This is why we should be told nothing until after it’s done. That said being told you would look silly is rather setting themselves up to be shot at if it doesn’t happen :-)

but can he play all of those positions at the same time? We need more Zak's on the pitch

Back