• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Kevin Maher on departure of defender Louis Lomas

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher has expressed his disappointment following Louis Lomas’ departure from the club.

The defender left Blues by mutual consent earlier this week after not playing a single match this season due to a groin problem.

And Maher admitted he wished things could have worked out differently for the centre-back.

“It’s disappointing for him and us,” said Maher.

“It was stop start from when he came in the door.

“It didn’t quite work and it was difficult for him.

He couldn’t quite get a run of games but he did well at the back end of last year.

“From his point of view and our point of view this gives him a chance to move on.

“Hopefully he gets clear of fitness issues and he’s able to kick on with his career. “

Lomas, who joined Blues from Brackley Town in the summer of 2022, made 22 appearances while at Roots Hall.

And he took to Twitter to comment on his decision.

Lomas said:" After a personally frustrating season, I’ve made the decision to part ways with Southend United as it’s been an incredibly difficult situation for me and I need to be around my family.

"I always gave 100 per cent in the shirt, it just hasn’t worked out how I would have hoped but I’m working tirelessly to get back to full fitness.

"I want to thank everyone at the club and also the fans for the brilliant support you’ve given me throughout my time at the club.

"I wish the club all the best going forward."

Back