• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Southend United boss Kevin Maher on his pursuit of new signings - and other 2022 rumours or inside info

Long as he get cracking and force some of the trash out, by telling them that they won’t be playing that much in the future!
Probably not really conducive to improving the morale which is his most important job for the time being.

They'll go when their contracts run out.

I would imagine Kevin already knows who he wants to let go. In times of need it is a better option to play an old pro for the odd game, so they will be allowed to see out their contract.
I agree with you on that and having 3 to 5 absolute max would be very wise, Unfortunately thanks to Brownie we have a large number of Matures. His complete misjudgement about what this league is about and his own statement of preference for older pros over youth clearly contributed strongly to our subsequent struggle with relegation from the outset

However cant fault Murphy at 30 and Arnold 31, hardly for the knackers yard, especially as Goalkeepers mature like a fine wine

But personally I could have done without Coulson , Agogo, Dunne and Atkinson added to Demi and White as well

Fortunately in the summer the options on Coulson, Agogo, White, and Demetriou can all be considered along with Atkinson now or then, Dunne, Arnold, and Murphy have another year

But really enjoying seeing the likes of Brunt, Lopata, Kensdale, Davies , Dennis and Neal being brought in, to go with the youngsters Hobson, Clifford, Dalby and ? Bridge.( age 26 ) Quite a potentially exciting revolution taking place

Stick to loans and save our money for the summer. Don't need permanent signings. If the dream team cant keep us up with the squad we have now then they should be first out the door in May.

Thats not a dig. I have 100% confidence they will.

Last edited:
Stick to loans and save our money for the summer. Don't need permanent signings. If the dream team cant keep us up with the squad we have know then they should be first out the door in May.

Thats not a dig. I have 100% confidence they will.
So if we go down ... you can honestly sit there and say the team was good enough and that we should sack Maher and gang?

I think if we can bring in the right ones as perms then we should do that. But having points on the board, no end january transfer window (I think) and the fact that the 3 at the bottom it appears are worse than us then there is no need to take risks at the moment. It could be Kings lynn smash us by 5 on Friday and I’ll delete this post !

A lot has rightly been said about resale value of any new signings - totally correct, and as shown on the table here, it can be done...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-093222_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-093222_Twitter.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 85
Back