• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Southend United boss Kevin Maher on his pursuit of new signings - and other 2022 rumours or inside info

Stan probably can attract players. Unfortunately we remain totally skint and with a bloated squad. That's not going to change any time soon.

The wholesale and impressive changes will have to wait for the summer, when we can clear out some of the higher earners. In the meantime, we need to make sure we are good enough to stay in this division.
I've said this so many times now, and I'm not sure what it's going to take for it to sink in.

The January market is not the one for wholesale changes. That will have to wait for the summer.

We are carrying a lot of passengers on a fairly high club wage bill. This does not leave us with much room for maneuver.

Stan Collymore said he could get a basket of good names from clubs higher up the ladder, but it'll be up to Kev whether he wants to sign any of them. Stan, for all intents and purposes, bagged us Jayden Richardson on loan who would have been a real coup. The embargo stopped it and he's gone on to wow at Notts Co. I'm sure his mammoth efforts will bear more fruit, but let's still remember where we are, eh?

Has been watched by our guys, one of them saw his debut for Weymouth, where he picked up an assist.

He was in the building talking to Kev & co tail end of last week.

Right back, who is equally comfortable playing wing back, so offers us flexibility. Has an excellent delivery too.

Was an option around our embargo too, and will be a permanent deal, not a loan as now a free agent.

Ticks a lot of boxes.
He certainly does tick a lot of boxes. RB, WB and possibly RM too. Can cross very well, and is the sort of younger player with potential that people have been crying out for, stepping into the shoes of a player in JD who people are moaning is too old and has lost his pace and athleticism. Hardly 'injury prone' either and has recovered from hip surgery. Not too sure what the issue is.

People wanted us to start thinking longer term. With signings like this and Kensdale, that's exactly what we're doing.

Do Cambridge have enough fans to have a forum? Wouldn't mind seeing what they make of him.
They do but you need an account, made one to look at what they said when he was released and they generally felt it was the right choice because he wasn't needed but they could see him doing very well in the conference.

If he can cross a ball then he is ahead of JD all day long. The amount of times JD tries to beat a man twice before then trying to cross with his weaker left foot does my head in. Saturday numerous times he had the time and space to whip a cross in on his right but kept cutting back in and mis hitting with his left……grrrr. Rant over

The question Is how well did we do with any of those midfielders except neal and the answer is abysmally ! They are all phil Brown signings and the rest have not been of a professional standard to money playing football! They all need clearing out and stans new recruits brought in! There can be no argument about this and we are where we because of a poor manager and assistant and there awful signings.

If he can cross a ball then he is ahead of JD all day long. The amount of times JD tries to beat a man twice before then trying to cross with his weaker left foot does my head in. Saturday numerous times he had the time and space to whip a cross in on his right but kept cutting back in and mis hitting with his left……grrrr. Rant over
JD likes a floater!

I like the idea of signing young players who have big potential that they will be guided by our coaching team and to improve them, this time in 1 year time, we could be fighting off interest from higher division for our players while we are in top 3!

Would be very happy with this. Although I wonder what that means for Elvis. The Instagram tease he posted made it sound like he was close to returning. Is there any news @BoyWonder2 ?

Would be very happy with this. Although I wonder what that means for Elvis. The Instagram tease he posted made it sound like he was close to returning. Is there any news @BoyWonder2 ?
I think it's been made clear by a few people and Chris P that he hasn't been close to returning to the club, could be wrong but highly doubtful.

Feels like someone who will suit the RWB role if 5 at the back is King Kevs' long term plan. JD unfortunately just doesn't have the legs anymore to get up and down for the full 90 mins and will also struggle to play 3 games in 7 days.

Interesting that it looks as though Rob Howard has been ditched completely then. He was rated by King Lynn which I guess might say a lot given they are dog sh*t!

Back